Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, May 22nd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, May 22nd

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri May 22, 2020 6:11 am

Good morning,

Today will be some UGH-lies and a bit of cooking. I think I'll make cookies and maybe cupcakes. Getting ready for my DBIL (Al or "Imitation Al" as we sometimes call him since I have a DB who is "Real Al") who arrives late tomorrow with his SIL, Mark, and and teen DGS, Gage. They'll be here for the weekend, so cleaning and cooking will be the order of the day(s) today and tomorrow. My sewing room is being turned into a guest room by removing the ironing board and chair and putting an inflatable bed in there for Al. The others will be staying in the trailer.

IRISH - so happy to see you!! I was starting to worry there was trouble somewhere. I didn't consider it might be your computer. Thought maybe you'd gone to the beach and forgot to kiss us goodbye. I'm glad your trip is on hold. I just don't feel it's safe to go places yet. From news reports, I seem to be in the minority. And poor Baby Girl! Being left alone in the new house and her regular 'sitter' probably wouldn't be there for her. She wouldn't be happy. Unhappy cats have ways to make for unhappy 'parents' . . .

JANA - I thought of your Perry when Bill said he wanted to name the new car Perry, too. I always pictured your Perry to be long haired and gray. Are you certain he was black?? After a BIG Costco trip, we've seen this car can carry it all! lol! How goes the potato patch. Your other things - are you planting seeds or little plants? If plants, did Sarah start them? I love veggie gardens. Glad Aaron is playing it safe. I'm sure he's OK, but this virus is SO contagious.

BECCA - I'm glad Denise is waiting until after the holiday weekend. No need to fight the increased traffic, even if volumes will be low for a holiday. And it's fun that they are bringing you more food! It's so sweet of your kids to care for you so much! And it makes them feel good to help, whether you actually need the help or not. But if it saves you even one trip to the grocery store - that is a HUGE blessing! EVery trip out carries some risk. And you're right - it takes so long to wipe everything down before putting it all away. And thank you for the prayers for both my brothers. Means a lot to me and to them.

LORI - no, you have a generous heart. Not all families would have their elderlies live with them. Can't believe you already have that room ready to go. I hope you can find a twin bed quickly. Is your new sewing room all set up, too? Is it possible that the little dog could ride with your hubby in his car? What is his name? We'll need to know since he's coming into the family.

ROSEBUD - you must be back to work? Sorry your supper 'disappeared' but cheese and grapes sounds kind of good to me!

Gene texted me yesterday and asked if cooking chicken legs and thighs at 400* for an hour will get it done. Well, yes, it will! :lol: But I did mention he might dial that heat back a bit and to use the meat thermometer we sent him a few months ago. And HOW to use it. Sometimes I think maybe he's just joking me around . . . And yes, he would do that.

I'm cooking a large pork roast today. I want BBQ'd pork sandwiches for tomorrow for our three guests so that meant we have a nice roast supper tonight. I'm not sure what all will go with it, but we have salad stuff, broccoli, and potatoes so I think we'll be good. Just not sure how I'm cooking everything yet except the roast. It's going into the crockpot with our own made up cranberry sauce/gravy. I'm already hungry.

Wishing us all good eatin'!

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, May 22nd

Post by Becca » Fri May 22, 2020 7:08 am

Hello everyone cloudy here with intermittent drizzle Saw sun for 5 mins lol

Maryz Believe me Denise & Marty both will sure see to your needs over & beyond Our other DS Alex helps too in other ways We are blessed
She doesn’t want us out in public She is going to try trimming my hair lol We shall see I cut CAs all the time
Genes chicken would be BBQ well done lol
He sounds like a joker My Late DB was that way

Rosebud Working must be getting you exhausted I’m sure it’s hard working with things like they are A worker at Grocery Store told me a Lady yelled at her in a store because her mask wasn’t right Sad how people act

Lori No all people don’t react like you I’m seen other kinds But you are a sweet one & I commend you for it
You sure got the room in shape fast & with no help Another pat on the back

I got 2 hrs of yard work in yesterday afternoon Still have lots to do The rains have it all growing fast I was trimming Mtn Laurel It’s in bloom now very pretty
I didn’t get my paper work done Will hop on that
CA wants BLT for a change I’ll have salad
Becca
Forgot to
Mention we had a Zoom Birthday Party last night for Avery our DGD We had 18 Was at least a chance to connect with them & see them She was excited over her new bike & outfit she got plus other things Bike was number one
Last edited by Becca on Fri May 22, 2020 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri May 22, 2020 8:40 am

Good morning!

Mary - yes, my Perry was all black, short hair kitty. Not a speck of other color. H was a very sweet kitty. We called him, moldedable, he would lay anywhere on you, to get loves. He first was Stu's kitty. Perry came to live with us, as Sarah moved several times and I said enough relocating that kitty. He lived to be 20 years old. I will wave as your family drives by.

Becca - we often wonder if we raised our kids right. You have that answer, yes you did! Your family are jewels in your crown!

Lori - reach around and pat yourself on the back. You did good! Turn on your phone, when FIL isn't knowing and record the family stories he will be telling you. They will be treasures.

Dinner - well, I have to cook. I have a rack of baby back ribs and the fixings for a macaroni club salad. That should be tasty.

Yes, you can fit much in the back of a Highlander. Once Sarah and I fit a large Tv with Ethan in the backseat. My seats fold down and you can stuff lots in! Michael was not pleased how we did it, but he wasn't there, so leave it to the mice to play! LOL.

The garden is doing very well. So is Sandee's.

Kids are all camping - different places, so it will be quiet. It is the end of May and there is a chance of snow at my level overnight. Sheesh!

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri May 22, 2020 12:36 pm

Maryz, I love a pork roast. You can make all kinds of things with that meat. I think your brother Gene is just messing with you. Hope you get all your chores done quickly and get to enjoy the afternoon.

Becca, working in the yard is a work in progress all the time. Seems like I get one part done then move on the another. I bought a tomato plant yesterday. I'll see how that fares. What fun to do a Zoom party. People from all over can be included.

Jana, Perry sounds like a great cat. 20 is a good age for a cat. I hope my girls make it to 20. Molly is 15, and Emma is 14 1/2. I love having a kitty on my lap. Snow? Still? Yuck.

Got the boys walked, then went to Trader Joe's as soon as I got back. If you get there early, you don't have to wait in line. Yesterday afternoon I went to the farmer's market and got some yummy fruits. I sliced up some strawberries last night and whipped up some cream for on top. It was quite delious.

For dinner I'll be making Teriyaki Chicken and rice, with steamed broccoli.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Fri May 22, 2020 3:53 pm

Hi girls, I won't return to work until June 5th. That is when all my paid time off will be used unless Home Depot adds another round of emergency sick/personal time for the hi risk associates. Our county is still in a bad state according to the news reports and all that stuff. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

My yard is now presentable, and you can actually walk through and around it...Woohoo!

I think salad will be my go to for supper tonight. It's just too hot to have the oven on.

Mary z-That's tooo funny about the Al's s names. Enjoy your visit.

Jana- Those ribs sound scrumptious.

Hi Becca and Lori-Everyone is so busy. Becca it is good that your kids are taking care of you so you don't have to get out and risk the exposure any more than necessary.

Everyone have a wonderful evening.

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Chit Chat”