Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday May 25,2023

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Thursday May 25,2023

Post by fabricgirl » Thu May 25, 2023 2:17 am

Good morning Everyone,
I have been up on and off all night I hurt my back somehow and my chiropractor is closed today so I won't be doing anything today for sure.
Yesterday Qiad had 505 spray for 45% off so I bought two big cans.
Also did the laundry so I'm good till nextweek
my Bil did ok so thank you for the prayers.

So for today I will nurse my back until tomorrow and get my back adjusted.
Well thats all the news from here I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

FlorenceM

Re: Thursday May 25,2023

Post by FlorenceM » Thu May 25, 2023 5:22 am

Morning Lois and all to follow
Lois sorry about your back. Hope chiro does the trick.
Yesterday was just catch up day. Today will be errands and maybe a load of laundry. My roses need to be dead headed, may get that done.
This week is free dumpster days here in Miller. We got rid of a lot of construction debris from kids house, it was nice. Plus Joe gathered the old fencing material plus other scrap metal and got it to the recycling place....
Have a great day

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu May 25, 2023 5:47 am

Good Morning Lois and Flo, It is chilly today actually had to close the windows...i cleaned up our bedroom this morning,,,will do laundry tomorrow...I am meeting a friend for lunch today,,,,Ken will be fine for a couple of hours..no therapy today...we will do his excersizes later...He walked with a cane veruy well yesterdy with the therapist, w e are getting there..
Some work on the september block last night but I found I might have to dig through the stash to see if I have grey for the October block.
I do have orange and black...
Nothing else going on here,,
Lois hope your back feels better....
Flo It is my goal to get the "stuff out of my yard and to the recycle....
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu May 25, 2023 5:59 am

Good morning,

LOIS - so sorry about your back. I'm sure you've tried everything - gentle stretches, ice, heat, whiskey? You are the third person on 3 days to tell me you have serious back problems. Pray your chiro can fix you up!

CHRISS - You got your weed-eating done for the year? Good! Happy upcoming birthday to your dad! Didn't you get him a wheeled cooler last year? Maybe he needs a folding rocker/glider lawn chair...

FLO - you really did have a productive day yesterday! Nice to get all that debris gathered up and off your place!

MARY Q - Sorry about your A1C. But if you stick to your diet, I bet you can bring that down quickly. (though, look who's talking!!) And no, you don't have to learn to LIKE veggies - you just have to learn to EAT them! How about eating them raw with a tasty low-fat dip? I have a good recipe . . . A daily walk helps, too. And this is where a dog comes in...🐕 They will walk you - ask Lori! :D

KATHY - what a sight to see - a carrier with all the sailors standing on deck as it enters port! I was lucky enough to see that in Bremerton once. Are you needing a knee replacememt, too? There are other treatments to try before surgery. Cold laser, steroid injections, energy work, chiropractic, PT, and maybe even some supplements like glucosamine or tumeric or topical creams I always figure surgery is a last resort.

JUDI - Have fun with your friend at lunch today. You've earned a little break! Hope your patient goes easy on you today! Have you started October OWL yet?

JANA - have Daniel and Kari come down to earth yet? :D And I hope "we" hear about her job interview soon.

It was another day of go-go-go here. No sewing. Our guys are keeping busy, too, with "blue jobs". Today they are going to set up our sprinklers/timers for the summer. I think my sis and I will have a quiet day. Who knows - maybe I will get to sew something today. Maybe we'll sit out on the patio and play dominoes. Maybe we'll all nap! We had planned to go out to dinner with friends, but the friend is one of the "back people" so he may not be up to it, so we'll postpone that dinner and grill burgers if necessary.

I called about my Bernie. They said it needed a new thread cutter and that part is supposed to be delivered today and the machine will be ready tomorrow. The manager of the store says she lives in Gig Harbor and would even bring the machine to me! I've missed my baby! It's been a month and 4 days, not that I've been counting!

I hope everyone gets a little time in the sewing chair today!

mary z
>^+^<

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu May 25, 2023 7:33 am

Good Morning Girls

Oh my gosh, I thought I would be the last one here this morning, just could not get myself out of bed... it was so warm and toasty! But then, nature called. :lol:

Lois... So sorry to hear your back went out.. and no chiro to fix you today!! Good day to take it easy and as long as the laundry is done you won't have to run around the house naked!

Flo... Yeh.. a city dumpster day!! Our town used to do that too and it was so nice to be able to get rid of junk! How many roses do you have? I'd love to grow roses, but I have a "black thumb" when it comes to plants--especially those that need a lot of care!

Judi.... Ken is improving a little bit every day? Is he okay on the steps by himself? If he can get himself to the men's room and the kitchen by himself, I'm guessing that's a good sign that he's getting better!

Maryz.... Oh what wonderful news, Bernie is coming home and delivered directly to you. I've been seeing things on line about the benefits of Tumeric and think I just might pick up a bottle.. tho I better check with a pharmacist about taking with my other meds. Even OTC's and vitamins can cause problems with certain meds. Sounds like you and sissy are having a great time together and the boys are finding things to keep them busy. An afternoon on your deck sounds like a wonderful idea!!

I promised myself that I would go get groceries today, so I guess I better warm up my coffee and get in shower.. need to find good low carb foods and learn to read all the labels. Will stock up on healthy snacks and might even look into a low carb cook book. I eat a lot of chicken, but need to find different ways to fix it. This ain't gonna be easy for someone that hates to cook! I've been looking for an app for my phone that will tell me how many carbs are in a certain food, but haven't found the right one yet. Anybody have an ideas? This is sure going to be different...

Off I go Wishing you all the best today can bring

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu May 25, 2023 8:02 am

Maryq try the app "Carb Manager" on your phone Ken uses it and it works well for diabetics....
Maryz I havent started October yet but will search out the fabrics....
Ken promises not to do the stairs while I am gone. and I made him some nachos to tide him over lunch time...Yes I need a break and need to stop at the grocery on my way home...Philly cheese steak sandwiches for supper tonight,,,

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu May 25, 2023 8:45 am

Good morning!

Moving slow today. I walked a bit too much and my knee and hip are letting me know.

It should be quiet around here. The badge ceremony was wonderful. Aaron pinned Kate's badge on her and he was in his full uniform too. Gracie and Lila helped too. Sarah and family left this morning to go camping at Dinosaur National Park. Matt and Crenda leave later to go camping as well. So it will be Daniel and Kari - Karlie too, left here. Daniel will be his usual busy beaver, doing for others.

Kari got a call back for a interview with the owner of the company. A good thing. She seems very happy and excited about this job.

So I am just doing easy stuff. I did order the 2 different fq bundles for OWL. One is already shipped..

Do fun stuff!

Oh, the house for the kids has the inspection set for Tuesday. That's part of getting the mortgage. Check that off the list. They have a great agent. She's the wife of one of the architects Daniel works with.

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Sew ins”