Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUNDAY MARCH 19

Daily discussions.
mepeace2

SUNDAY MARCH 19

Post by mepeace2 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:30 am

Good morning all my quilt buddies
I have been very busy. Yesterday went to a class at guild. We made a caricature collage. Mine needs some more work. Of course it had to snow during the night and got really cold like 10 above. The collage is me on a busy day of quilting. Red hair and all. I learned a lot but I still want to do a collage with a printed pattern. We all had a fun day. Our guy quilter provided us with a salad bar. It was a long day for my back from 8:30 until 3. And boy I was glad to get home.
Friday worked on getting stuff ready to go to class. Then my dog trimmer came and give Barney a bath and trim. The neighbor did drive Jim to his heart check up. He will have to have his battery changed in September. Thank goodness for good neighbors.
Today going to finish up that quilt. Wash my hair and cook lunch.
I need another cup of Java.
You all have a creative sewing day
Katy

fabricgirl

Re: SUNDAY MARCH 19

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:00 am

Good morning Katy
Sounds like you had a fun day also nice that your neighbor was able to take Jim to his Dr.apt.

Yesterday we cleaned the house and then I relaxed.
Today we already went out and I got a ride in the new truck it takes some getting in and out but I will survive.
I have 1 load of wash that needs to be done and after that I will see what I will do.

I hope you all have a great day.
Lois

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:03 am

Good morning and blessed Sunday to you all.

Made some more progress in my cleaning and sorting yesterday morning. My nursing supplies are now organized in my trunk box. The left overs will need to go in a box in the garage for now. I have amassed quite a few through multiple different jobs so they won't all fit in my box. Seems I get the sewing room organized and then I have no idea what happens, Little fairies come in the night and mess it all back up again!

After organizing we went to lunch at a nice little place in Rio Vista. Nothing fancy but the food is good. Stopped by the little quilt shop there and then went to the one in Dixon. Found some Kansas Troubles to make a quilt I have been looking at but didn't have the pattern with me so bought of course too much and may need to find my KT stash to pull a few more. Didn't realize how many fabrics it had, I also may be able to mix them up a bit and make it work. Also found a kit to make DBIL one more quilt. He loves Saguaro cactus and the quilt is exactly that. The pattern is called "Cactus". If I scramble I can have it done in time to take when I go to Las Vegas in May, Just another "Squirrel" project. I am working on DD binding in the evening watching TV and will keep up with my Starry Night but may let a few BOM go for now. I also am looking at a nice cutting table they have but of course lots of $$. It is a Horn.

Today I will go to Antioch and cut out the Cactus and some blocks for the Home Sweet Home swap. Lots of spots open. It is going to be fun. I encourage you all to come take a look.

Other than that, not much new. I do have several charts to get done (payday weekend!) so should get going on those. Also need some more Coffee and breakfast!

Hope you all have a wonderful day.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:16 am

Good morning,

Happy St. Joseph's Feast Day - the day the swallows return to San Jaun Capistrano. We have been there - though not on March 19th for the big arrival scene, but we did see the mission, attended Mass, and saw tons of swallows flitting around. It was awesome!

KATY - that collage sounds very interesting! I would love to see a photo!

LOIS - Does your new truck have running boards? We had to have them put on our 1-ton, 4WD pick-up. There was no way I could have gotten in, otherwise. Bill had to lift me in the day we bought it! That wasn't a pretty sight! We drove two hours to another dealer where we had an appt to have the running boards installed. My 4'10" mom had a stool on a rope to get in/out of my dad's pick-up.

VAL - that was such a pretty prayer you posted yesterday. I Googled Cactus quilt but there seem to be a lot of different ones. I love Saguaro cacti, too. Each one is so different and they all have their own personality. Your DBIL will love his quilt.

Yesterday was beautiful weather here. 8-) And it was a real hodge podge of a day. I did 3 loads of laundry (dried one on the clotheslines), got my new kitty block patterns all copied, 16 fabrics pulled and a 10" square cut from each of them, and found my bolt of fusible. I will be building cats while camping. Then I thumbed through lots of patterns, looking for just the right one for the Home Sweet Home Swap. I found three that might work for me. Decisions! Then I pruned and fed roses, cleaned a flowerbed, sat by our first campfire of the year, and finished the evening with company. The company were our friends who were going camping with us, but now have cancelled for surprise dr appts. Today will be last minute packing, though there's not much of that. I think I'll finally get around to putting the face on my little ghost quilt that I forgot to add when I made it. I might make a few quilt labels, try a Swap block, do a little more yard work, or just play in my scrap bin. It's down to just 1/3 full now. :D

hugs and happy thoughts for all!

mary z
>^+^<

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:23 am

Good morning, It is a bright sunny day but cold here 20 at last look. I have some laundry going I have 3 loads...I did try that new laundry soap that comes in sheets, it works out to 23 cents a load...and it works very well...no plastic jugs and no pods. I do small loads and they are clean and stains are out. so I,m sold on it...I am trying to cut down on my use of plastic as much as possible. Our grocery store recycles plastic bags and any flexible plastic ( wrappers from toilet paper and any plastic wrappers and plastic bags) So I fill a bag as the week goes and take them to the grocery store...we also have a township recycle each week they pick up in front of the house. Im an old hippy... but I have always wanted to reuse and recycle as much as I can...
I did get the walls and floor of the main bathroom done...cleaned the tile in the shower too...I really needed it...It is ken s main bath room and he isnt the neatest person in the house..I have an area around the commede to do (yukkiest part) so I will finish in there today as the laundry gets done. Hope your days is full of fun...or yukky stuff...I find it very satisfying when the task is done...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

velvet

Post by velvet » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:46 am

Good and happy Sunday to all.
Yesterday I picked up Laura, my sister, and we went for a qov presentation at the museum for 13 vets. 3 were no shows but hopefully we'll get them the next time. The weather was rainy and damp. It went off very well. The vets are always wonderful to talk to before start time. You can always sense what vet needs a little quiet talking to. There are so many that struggle with PTSD, even coming into the building is hard for some. My heart goes to each of them and their wives. I always have tissues with me, and they are for them and me. I'm the biggest baby going when it comes to wrap a vet. It is so very emotional. Just looking into their eyes brings tears to mine. I have been very blessed to help, maybe just for 1/2 hour, to bring comfort to 1 of these amazing warriors. Please say a small prayer for the service men and women who are fighting for our country.
Diane

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:51 am

Mary z yes it does thank God.

Lois

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:54 am

Blest day to All. Overcast and some rain today.

Katy, I've just got to ask, but if you don't want to answer just tell me to mind my own bees wax. A few years back you were looking to date. Then your ex moved in which I thought was temporary. Now you have a great single Chiropractor, which sounds interesting, but your ex is still under your roof. 🤔

Chriss, gardening sounds like a good thing for Jerry to do.

MaryZ, so glad you accidentally text Aut. Cats sound easier than Sue's.

Nothing new here. Hope to decide if my block will work or not.
Lyn

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:15 am

O Lyn Hes way to young for me. Hes only 45 and I turned 74 in February. Too much age difference. LOL And I have children older than him or the same age.
But he is a catch. As far as my x goes I can date if I want too. Its my house. Hes kind of like a renter. He pays for certain things and has a room of his own.
Have a great day and thanks for asking. I really am looking for someone between 62 and my age. But the idiots I did date were awful. Except for one and we still chat as friends.
Katy

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:58 am

I forgot to tell you Ken and I watched the movie ELVIS last night and it was very good...I was young when he first came on but I remember my parents talking about it. he had a lot of talent and a sad life...Tom Hanks was very good as Colonel Tom Parker.xxxooo

Return to “Sew ins”