Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Feb 4th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Feb 4th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:37 am

Good morning,

We will be about 50* and rainy today. But starting next Wed, we should be a tad warmer and dry with sunshine! Most years we have a week of nice weather in Feb. I might even get out and do a little yard work. But that's still four days ahead.

Yesterday was errands, working on my otter block of my North Stars project, and then friends came by with a pizza. We hadn't known they were coming so we had a nice visit and no cooking! Win/win! Today, I'll finish my otters and start on the musk ox. After these all that's left is the caribou and fox. Then I can start putting this puppy together! But my mind is working OT on my Bigfoot quilt. No rush as I won't need it until April or May.

TINA - glad you are making progress! To be on the safe side, I'd probably make a trip to the bathroom just before Frankie goes outside. lol! Your ravioli idea sounds tasty. Do you buy the ravvies already made or make from scratch? I made pumpkin ravvies once from scratch with a butter/sage sauce. They were awesome, but so labor intensive. Hope dad is feeling better by today. Someone in sew-in was talking about a pet turtle - maybe the other Tina? - and it had a red face, I think. She didn't know the kind of turtle. I thought you might. Good luck with your Star Wars blocks. I need to figure out my Bigfoot block. The Bigfoot quilt is very much like the Eliz Hartman pattern, Lookout, that I just bought. So I don't want to buy another one. I think when I settle down and just DO IT, I'll figure something out.

JANA - that ravioli maker thingie sounds great! There are so many different fillings, too. Spinach, cheese, pumpkin, chicken, other meat, and more. Maybe I should look for one of those . . . .

VELDA - sounds like you've assigned yourself a big math homework assignment! I like popcorn but rarely eat it. It gets stuck in my gumline and between my teeth and drives me crazy. And I can't pop it on my stove, anyway, because I have a glass top and it would scratch. So if Bill wants popcorn - and I do offer to buy it for him - it's microwave.

LORI - that must be great honey! You know, I can't taste the difference between honeys. Going the extra mile for me is wasted effort. But I have friends who's taste is more refined and they LOVE peach blossom honey that we pick up for them whenever we camp at Maryhill on the Columbia. There is a big peach orchard nearby and a honey stand. I hope you find a housekeeper for your dad. I was my dad's housekeeper. He actually did an OK job but then he didn't mess it up much either.

CAROL - our farmers markets only operate from late April to late Sept here. But then we have a different climate. You've been busy busy busy with house and quilts. Do you have any new projects on your horizon for when you get your present ones finished? That's a great sketch you posted for Velda! Looking at that should make it easier for her to do all that math!

Well, since we had surprise pizza last night, Bill wants breakfast for supper tonite. So it's going to be bacon, eggs, and fried potatoes. I always add lots of onion and green peper to the potatoes. And now I'm hungry!

What are you hungry for?

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Feb 4th

Post by zfatcat » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:10 am

Mary, what a nice surprise to have someone bring over dinner. And the drive wasn't that far.
12 mile on surface streets so it took about 20 minutes each way. I buy a lot of organic foods. Honey can't be organic because you can't keeps bee's from flying out of their zone. However, this honey is not processed and is quite delicious. I buy a couple of kinds. Flower honey is my favorite, but I like the citrus honey for making my granola. And yes they have very different flavors.

Carol, the honey vendor only comes to our evening farmers market that runs April through October. There's a day market on Wednesday, but with different vendors.

I need to vacuum and dust today. Then I want to finish putting my log cabin blocks together. I started right before I got Covid and never finished. I'm about half way done.

Dinner will be something on the grill. It's supposed to get into the low 70's today, so the house will be open again. Temps are dropping back down tomorrow.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:25 pm

Hi friends! I was going to heat up the last of the chili, and DH decided we will get pizza tonight and finish up the chili tomorrow.
Today was a huge project! I pulled out all the dollies that I have had of mine, I made plus the ones my grandmother and aunt and mother-in-law had made.
Washed and sorted them all. Will decide tomorrow which I am going to rotate around and use here in our condo, the rest will get repacked on swim noodles and wrapped in tissue and stored away for future uses.
Fun but time consuming.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:06 pm

Hi everyone, I'm running late!
Mary, I've never made raviolis so who know if I'll make something good LOL the dish is called, olive garden's ravioli carbonara, it's delicious there!
How nice of your friends to take you pizza and visit ❤ reminds me of you and Bill bringing to us with your visit ❤❤
I still do the precautionary bathroom before he goes outside LOL He went to Dad's today to clean up his driveway and take the leftover sand Dad didn't need anymore, we now have it here to add to my flowerbeds when they get put back in. It opened up more room for Dad parking and its all flat now so less dangerous for him, win win win.
The red face turtles are Red Sliders, that's what I have.
I don't know if or when or when or if I'll get a Star Wars quilt made, I have a long list to get done way before starting something like that. These 2 I'm working on now are for me and I wasn't planning on working on them yet but since I'm using precuts it gives me something to do.
Lori, vacuuming and dusting got done here today too. Frankie vacuumed and I dusted what I could, I mostly sat in one of the dining room chairs on wheels so I could get around better but there were places I couldn't get to so Frankie did those for me. I love honey but I agree you can taste the difference and some are bitter to me. We used to buy all our honey from Frankie's uncle's family, they had an apple orchard, now that was the smoothest tasting honey I've ever had! She'd just gather it and put pieces of honeycomb in the jars too, it was soooooo yummy! I guess it wasn't processed either huh LOL
Velda, you must have a lot of doilies, how cool! I have a few and they were my grandma's and then mom's so they're very special to me too.
I didn't get any squaring up done today, I was kinda wiped out after dusting. I'm hoping to finish the last 40 tomorrow.
Well we're making spring rolls with chicken for supper tonight. It's a joint effort.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:51 pm

Good late evening!

We are just piecing on leftover dinner from last night. The kids went out to dinner at a favorite, good food and fun name - Guadalahonkies.

Sarah and I went to a favorite LQS and I behaved, well, slightly. I bought a Moda FQ bundle and the favorite red in that pack as extra yardage for the back of a simple scrappy sawtooth star quilt. I'll use assorted TOT whites around the stars. Just something simple and easy. I think I'll make the stars about 8 inches. No sashing, and maybe a simple border. It's a we'll see as we go quilt. Then over to another LQS to get the St Patrick's day bench pillow kit, but they were out. So I could order it online from them, then go pick it up next week at the shop. Odd, but works for me. I also have some new books and pattern coming from Art to Heart.

Well time to set my hair in old fashioned rollers for church tomorrow. Yes, I sleep 8n those hard things,

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”