Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Nov 28

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Nov 28

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:52 am

Good morning,

Time is really flying by. It will be December in countable hours! We still have some things to do. We were talking yesterday about gifts for A & A. Then it came to us - a rocking chair! So we're soon going out to look at chairs. But if we find one - then what?? Where do we put it until Christmas? I guess buy a giant plastic bag and put it under the front of our fifth-wheel ? . . .

Yesterday morning was full of errands and in the afternoon, Bill repositioned our trailer and put on the new feet and now we're level! Good thing because we're going to be here until Jan 11th - 6 more weeks. I worked on mug rugs. Today is decorate our campsite with lights and flags. Plus I'll be doing more mug rugs.

Gosh, JANA! sorry to hear about that accident. You and Mary Q could compare gashes. Good that Daniel and Michael checked things out and found no mixers were hurt during the incident!

BECCA - I like all your "A" names. You made me think that Aut might perhaps use "Amara". Just a wild guess on my part. I think your family must have put that extra special ingredient into all the foods you said were so good this year - love.

TINA - you are making a real "-fest" out of Thanksgiving weekend! Love it! No way could I decorate without having everything out. I put it all way after Christmas, carefully organized in labeled totes. But some inexplicable thing happens through the year and everything comes out jumbled. I have to see what all I have before I can decide how to decorate.

Yesterday was a nice evening and tonite and tomorrow will be even nicer. We sat outside until dark. We grilled pork chops out as well and have one left over so I'm going to dice it up and make pork fried rice. I don't have any celery but I do have broccoli so I think I'll slip that in as a substitute. Bill won't notice, I'm sure. :lol:

What's your supper plan?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Nov 28

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:08 am

Good Morning!

Oops, I forgot to post yesterday. Dinner was Pizza. DH asked if we had more Turkey, no we finished it Saturday night.

I paper pieced five blocks yesterday and finished three sides with the ends. I will pp two more blocks today and then finish the final side. Then I need to compute the size of the spacing sashing. I may take a break and work on quilting for a while. I have everything ready for the pp.

Maryz - My middle name is Ann. There is also Alice, Allison, and Alicia.

Jana - Ouch!! How could that happen?? Glad you were able to make noodles for dinner.

Becca - I liked all your "A" names too.

Tina - Your house must look like Christmas today. I will be taking down the Thanksgiving things today and putting them away. I like a bit of a break between holiday decorations.

Dinner tonight I think will be Autumn Soup.

Carol

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:17 pm

Hello everyone sunny here today
It’s been another to forget 911 was here at 4 this morning Then today EMT & CNAs & Bethany is coming tonight with supplies
The EMT put in a catheter so that will certainly help me He’s too weak to stand or get up even raise himself
I have spent much time on phone trying to get things done & Denise spent multiple time getting people here & ordering supplies
We have tons of leftovers Avery is still sick I forgot her name when I was naming A’s
Maryz When we used to run 2 furniture stores we used to hold things for people Maybe they will if you buy local
Jana sure hope the finger heals
Carol I do t ever put my decorations up this soon but I felt maybe it might brighten up the place
Have a great day everyone Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:52 pm

Good afternoon!

Been a busy little bee today and got my closet reorganized, the bedroom and bathroom done too. Then proceeded to clean up the kitchen. Re-wash8ng the counters, and under the few things on them. Finished that up, when over on the far side of where the mixer bowl broke, should say, exploded, a small piece of glass found my foot! We had swept through there twice, guess it needed a third time charm! Michael fixed my boo boo, neosporin, bandaid, after stopping the bleeding and cleaning the wound. Not my day!

With how my day is going, glad that there is leftover noodles for dinner.

It has been snowing hard most of the afternoon. Karlie is very excited! Maybe even snow on her birthday! Daniel works uptown and his office decided to work from home after lunch. He got home before the heavy snow. Frankenjeep is still a work in progress. He has been driving our squirelley Tacoma, it's rear wheel,, two wheel drive, not good on snowy roads. I was worried about his drive home, glad he's here already.

So that's my adventures for this day!

Hugs,
Jana

Oh, thumb is tender, but better.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:12 pm

Jana, I hope your thumb isn't to bad. That sounded like a it could have
been way worse. Those glass bowls are nice, but things get broken easily in the household, so I stay with the metal one.

Becca, decorations to bring up your spirits. Hope you can get a few put out.

Carol, what paper piecing project are you working on?

Mary, lets not rush into the next month. I want to hold on to November just a bit longer. I've never made pork fried rice. Maybe I'll look up a recipe.

Dinner will be burger on the grill.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:02 pm

Lori - The pp blocks are in the border of the signature quilt. I still need some signatures. I have a list and will contact the guild members. The pp blocks are from EQ8. I did get the borders all made. Now I need to measure and put everything together with a spacing border. The corner blocks are also made. I will share as soon as I finish.

Jana - Ouch again!! There still may be glass on the floor so wear shoes! One of the best ways to get people to put shoes on in a restaurant was to tell them there was no guarantee that broken glass was not on the floor.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”