Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

The OFFICIAL SECRET SANTA of 2022... Closed

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
WeSignificant

Re: The OFFICIAL SECRET SANTA of 2022... waiting for the postal service to get packages to thre Elves!

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:39 pm

Has yours moved at all Chriss?
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

WeeOne

Re: The OFFICIAL SECRET SANTA of 2022... waiting for the postal service to get packages to thre Elves!

Post by WeeOne » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:51 pm

Chriss I'm curious, did you happen to put the return address as the same address you were sending to? I did that. Could there be some nasty people at USPS that see that and think, hey only one person gonna miss this. :? :roll:
Oh my, or could they think something bad is in the package because of the same address and it's being x-rayed or something?! :|
Lyn

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:44 am

That's a thought Lyn.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:23 am

I got a text this morning. My package is moving.

Lyn, yes, I always put Santa and the return address of the recipient. The same has been done on packages my Santa has sent to me in the past. I don't know, with as many packages flying through the post office, if they have time to look at the return address. That being said Marilyn, years ago, did get a bday card minus the gift card as the envelope was slit and the card removed along the way.

Looks like the package will still arrive in time for opening. When in doubt heed Lois' advice, "Eventually everything has its way of working its way out" this has been in the back of my mind since Lois posted it. It's a good philosophy for just about everything.
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:29 am

Yay Chriss so happy it's moving along 🎅🤶

Tina

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:13 pm

My thought doesn't seem possible. Just talked to a friend who sents packages and envelopes to her kids with their return address and they always get them. USPS is just slow, even though they claim no problems with being on time with deliveries.
Lyn

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:09 pm

Lyn, is yours still moving along but just slowly? I think the system gets hammered right at Thanksgiving and kinda puts a kink in things. But we're all good, they'll all get to where they need to be 🎅🤶

Tina

keremondini

Post by keremondini » Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:16 pm

Just got home and my box was waiting for me, thanks SS, but the box was damaged so I will take it to the Head Santa to look in it to make sure nothing is damaged. KathyR

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:49 pm

yay Kathy, maybe that is the box I sent and it was late because it was damaged? wooo hooo, it's getting exciting now.
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:17 am

Chriss, glad to hear your package is on the move! I, too, always use my Elf's own address as the return address. I do this, too, if mailing something to a hospital patient, so if they get discharged before they go home, hopefully the card will follow them home.

And since we're on the subject of mailing things, I'll share a few of OUR experiences over the last many years - we always sent our grandsons cards at all the holidays with $5 in them. We never received any acknowledgements. Eventually we stopped bothering. When they grew up we asked them why and they said they never received any cards. We live by a high school. We were mailing from our mailbox at the end of our driveway and kids walking to school were stealing them. Another time we paid bills and put them, with checks, into a P.O. drop box at a shopping center. An hour later someone blew up that mailbox! Last year I used the outgoing mail slot on a group mailbox at the beginning of a 26-home housing development just one time, and someone crashed their car into it and totally destroyed the entire thing! Now we ALWAYS mail everything, even cards, inside the post office. We have bad mailing karma.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”