Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, June 24th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, June 24th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:41 am

Good morning,

We're coming into a long stretch of beautiful weather. Except for next Monday when we are forecast to be 93*. Too hot for here, but I guess it's our turn.

Busy days here. Friends, Gus & Claudia said they wanted to come over last night to get a case of wine we'd picked up for them in Yakima a few weeks ago, so we planned a hot dog/brat supper out around the campfire and invited all our Boondockers. So I went to Costco and Fred Meyer for groceries and then spent a few hours making beans, coleslaw, deviled eggs, & watermelon. Boondocker Cindy went with me to Costco and Bill stayed home, helping our young Boondockers (Kobe & Santana) with their trailer - wheel bearings, trailer brakes, and the wiring connecting trailer brakes to their vehicle. Exactly what he's been working on with our own trailer. They've driven all the way from FL with a working brake on only one side, and bad connections, to boot. So hopefully they will get that all finished today as they leave tomorrow morning. These kids are so cute together and both just turned 21.

So not a lot of sewing has been going on here but we have been having a lot of fun. I probably needed a break from fabric anyway. And today - I think some housework is in order. It's been in order for quite a while, but I've been ignoring it. I did get the last little bit of yard work finished so outside is good for another month or so when I'll do it all again.

VELDA - I love seeing old folks still living such an active life like your neighbor. Sounds like she is someone with a positive attitude towards life. I believe that is the secret to longevity. A positive attitude and dancing. :D And so nice of you to take her places! Love her name. You two make a great pair! How were the burgers in the air fryer?

JANA - I also have 2 plastic thread containers. They are double sided and each side holds 30 spools. My cones are in other plastic containers. I used to keep my threads on those wooded holders on the wall but they got so dusty and full of fabric lint I went to the containers. Your Michael puts salsa on baked potatoes? Are you sure?? Never heard of that. Doesn't sound delicious, but I would try it, I guess. Your cookies sound good, too. I love nuts in anything. I'm not crazy about mint, but I do like Andes and Campfire mints. They would be good in cookies. How is Stu doing? You haven't mentioned him in a while.

LORI - I'm glad your team won since you were there. Maybe you were their good luck charm! I was in and out of Costco quickly, too. Under $70! Under!! Unheard of! But the regular grocery store bogged me and my credit card down. lol!

We have a lot of leftovers in the fridge - more than we could ever eat on our own. So, while we don't normally feed our Boondockers - or even interact with them much - these folks are different. So I think tonite I'll put out a leftover smorgasboard and invite everyone to help clean the fridge. I'm ready for some new food.

How about you? What might your supper be?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, June 24th

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:24 am

Good Morning,

Tuesday evening was the potluck and elections. I am officially no longer President. I received a pair of scissors and the blocks. I gave the Board a tote with the Guild logo on it. I also have received a hat and a large tote bag with the Guild logo on it. I received so much praise and thanks for a job well done. All the Zoom sew-ins have brought our Guild closer together and more friendly.

I have had a few days of decompressing. I have cleaned a little, sewed a little, walked and rested. Then last night I got a message and was asked to sign one more check that needs to go to the venue of our Quilt Show? It is due July 7th and the new President will not have signing privileges yet, because the bank takes several weeks to get them done.

Maryz - It sounds like you are really getting to know these Boondockers and having a wonderful time! Bill is good to help others with repairs of the rigs.

Jana - I missed your cookie baking, my i-Pad wasn't updating yesterday and I did not get to the computer.

Lori - Glad you had a good time at the game.

Today is bathroom cleaning day, change and wash sheets and towels, wash kitchen and dining room floor.

Tonight's dinner will be chicken. I need to stop by the meat market and will do so this morning.

Carol

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:40 am

Good morning from another warm, sunny day in SW. Pa....As I've said, our weather has been interesting this year but I'm loving it....It seems, everyone's yard is greener and the flowers are really gorgeous....My only complaint right now, 2 of my favorite neighbors are moving...My "adopted" daughter, my pet sitter and hair cutter and also a young gal across the street who is just getting into crafting...I can't believe they're both leaving...Katie, from across the street, said, she'll still be bugging me and in the fall, wants to learn how to quilt....I'm sure hoping she moves close...Of course Dyan, my pet sitter is moving to N. Carolina but promises she'll come back every 6 weeks or so to do hair, lol.....
Do have a silly story.....I had misplaced my extra set of keys (shed, Post Office box, Dyan's house etc.) and thought maybe I had layed them down in the shed so Kevin brought over his tool and cut off the lock...Oh well, no keys inside so, he put on another lock and handed me the key...Later going through the dirty laundry basket, sure enough, in the pocket of my jeans (that I had looked in earlier), yep, there were the missing keys....This morning, I was on my way to the shed and guess who couldn't find the new key???? Once again, started looking in my pockets and thought maybe I left it in the lock in the door...Just as I was to go out the front door, there on the little shelf by the door was the key....Tell me, Jim hasn't been having fun playing tricks on me the last couple of days....He does this every once in awhile to keep me on my toes...................

Mary, hard to believe you're going to be that warm, Yikes! I wish we had a Costco closer, we have Sam's Club but I do prefer Costco...But, I really don't buy that much any more so I don't need either and will stick with my Aldi, lol......When I hear you talk about your Boondockers and how they are treated at your place, almost makes me want to take up camping..Couldn't you just see BabyGirl and me motoring across the country, headed for your place......
Well, my sister finally spent her 1st night in her new home...I figured when they turned the cable/TV off in the other house and connected it in the new house yesterday, she'd be there last night, lol....She waited until the last minute and bundled up Daisy and carried her over..Daisy Mae is a 16 year old Russian Blue and very, very close to my sister...After looking around, she then hid in the master bathroom...I haven't talked to her yet today but I'm sure she'll be fine....This is the 1st time in 80 years, my sister has had AC and I'm sure she is loving it...AND, she promised to make sure the table gets cleaned off so we can play cards there tonight......I stopped over yesterday and came home with a rocker and a watering can fountain....I don't need either but my niece felt I did...This was left from the sale and they are now putting everything on FB or one of those places online.....

Had a message from Kathy and they were leaving Monaco and flying to Italy for another cruise...Still has lots to see, won't be in the states until the 4th.....

Today is ugly day and then maybe more mulching....Tomorrow, neighbors from the other house are stopping by so need the place to look good...They lived next door and right after I moved, they also moved and are only about 3 miles away and we've never connected, yet.......

Not sure what's on my menu but if we're playing cards it's usually pizza and salads....I am going to do some backing, either banana/nut or zuchinni bread, maybe both.......

You all have a great rest of the day..............

Happy eating..................

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:21 pm

Hi everyone. It's been a great day, here. Got my hair cut this morning. I was not looking forward to getting my perm cut off. She did a great job. Shorter style, but left a little bit of wave. Should be easy to care for for summer. Won't go back now for a cut and perm until the end of October. Young lady is expecting their first child. I think they know it's a boy. She was referring to "him" when she talked about the birth coming in August. ๐Ÿ˜‰ We all were in suspense wondering back in our day. I think that should still be the way.
How was my burgers? I started frozen patties. I had a hard time knowing how long. I think I might still to pan fry for our future burgers. We are going to have a grill anymore. Decided we didn't grill out enough to justify messing with one. Might try burgers again in fryer when I am making fresh burger patties, but not my frozen ones. ๐Ÿค—
Not sure, but I might do burgers again, but fry them in iron skillet tonight.
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

Return to โ€œChit Chatโ€