Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, May 21st

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, May 21st

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat May 21, 2022 7:07 am

Good morning,

So nice to wake up to sunshine! It's only 43* but will warm quickly to almost 70* today. Yesterday was sewing and yard work. Today will probably be the same except for trying to squeeze in a haircut. My hairdresser only works on weekends. I'm getting desperate. I was going to go last weekend but we put ourselves in isolation because we'd been exposed to Covid. We turned out negative but too late for a hair appt.

BECCA - I'm hoping your TGN hasn't flared up so badly that it's keeping you from your supper. Hope to see you back soon. You know I'll have to chase you down before long to make sure all is OK.

JANA - thx for checking fabric for me. I will certainly keep you in the back of my mind in case I need to add your piece to my piece. Tina found a woman in GA that may have some of my fabric and is willing to sell it to me if she does, but she is away from home until next week. First thing Bill did when we married and he moved into this house was clear out the garage to park the car inside. He HATES vehicles to be outside in weather or under sap-dripping trees. I have no doubt your pictures will stay in place. I have used those Command strips. They are STRONG.

VELDA - I hear ya on hand quilting!! In 1993 I started a Grandmother's Flower Garden, all by hand. That quilt traveled everwhere with me - even across the U.S. to New England! And to Michigan and Arizona several times. Queen sized. Then I quilted it all by hand using my mom's long quilting frame. The entire process took me 12 yrs. NEVER AGAIN! However, I will say my Dear Jane (or as I call it, Crazy Jane) took me 4 yrs (all by machine!) and I said the same thing - never again. But every now and then I'm tempted . . . Never say never.

Since we are having nice weather here, we're going to grill while we can - and it's going to be chicken for tonite. Not sure yet what I'll make to go with - but I do know it will be chicken. Probably rice and a salad. I have broccoli. Neither of us care a lot for it, but it's a good keeper and not terribly expensive as the store keeps sending me broccoli coupons. So I hide it from us in salads. :D

What's your supper plan?

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, May 21st

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat May 21, 2022 12:33 pm

Here I am finding myself still quite under the weather. Last night was horrible! I spent most of the night in my recliner. Stupid cough!
Doctor gave me a written script for antibiotic, just in case I felt like I need it. So this morning, I filled it. It's a Z-Pack. 5 days of meds. It really zapped Dick's onset pneumonia last fall. Also the new inhaler to use at bedtime, should kick in more now the second night, according to the pharmacist.
Just no pep for sewing! Richard said we can order a pizza tonight so I won't have to cook. Sweet!
Took a two-hour nap. That felt really good, too.
Well that's my update. 😉 Will check in again tomorrow.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Sat May 21, 2022 1:47 pm

Good late afternoon from sunny, very hot, SW. Pa....Summer is here today but by Monday, we might be back to Fall....If I hear snow or frost in the forecast, I'm heading south...Terry has an extra bed room and won't he be surprised to find me knocking on his door........Of course he has to be home and that might be iffy....He did say, he was flying up sometime this week to finally put the counter top on in the kitchen and then renting a truck to take some things back down with him...

Mary, so many are looking for that fabric, someone, somewhere has to come up with it.....I keep going back and looking at Autumn's pictures and just smile...What a happy couple and hopefully blessed with all good things from now on.....With our new baby coming later this year, hoping and praying, you'll be joining me in the baby watch......

Becca, As Mary said, hope you get some relief soon...And when Mary says, she'll chase you down, she means it, believe me, she will.....Maybe you need to take a couple days and just relax, put the feet up and just think special thoughts.....

Velda, I've also given up on the hand quilting....The 1st quilt I ever made was put together with machine but hand quilted and it was king size..And at that time, I didn't have a pattern, made up my own, didn't have a rotary cutter, and threw it over my dining room table to quilt it..And you would have thought I had learned my lesson, but oh no, went on to make another queen size for Terry and his wife....Oh my, things have sure improved in this house but I'm afraid to say, never again.......

This past week hasn't been one of my favorites...My eye is fantastic, that has been great but BabyGirl needed to get to the vet and no openings so I almost had to take her to another....They told me to call right at 9:00 hoping for a cancellation but at 9:00 I was sitting at my cardiologist's office..As soon as I could, made the call and got her in at 2:30...Tried to draw urine and couldn't, did xrays and thank goodness no stones but I need to drop her off for them to try again to get the urine...Doc said, she could be diabetic which I honestly don't know how I'll handle that but we'll wait and see..And to top it off, I need to have more testing and another stress test...And to make matters worse, my doctor has moved to about an hour away and as I was leaving his office, made a wrong turn and I toured places I had never been before and hope I never return.....But the day came to a super ending when Kevin's youngest son, Ryan, called to tell me we are getting another baby...This will be their 1st and in talking to Kevin, he is just a bit over the moon....

Have been doing lots of uglies today besides talking to my neighbor and complaining about the price of the flowers at the greenhouse.....Not sure what might be on my menu tonight....Could be cereal...Last night I was really hungry for a strawberry sundae but too lazy to get in the car and go get it (and there is a soft ice cream place almost within walking distance) so maybe tonight, forget the cereal, just go for the sundae..................

You all have a great rest of the day.....

Happy eating...............

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat May 21, 2022 3:43 pm

Hi all!
Mary, hopefully that lady will let me know about that fabric Monday 🤞 We're 90° right now and zero zip chance of rain.
Velda, feel better soon ❤
Irish, I hope your kitty is ok. It's hard when they get sick, they can't tell us what's wrong.
I can't remember if I told you but those quilt tops and extras arrived weeks ago. They arrived right at the same time as all this going ons happened.
We started cleaning the house last night LOL there wasn't anything on tv so we cleaned for 3 hours. As soon as I got up this morning I went into clean mode, cleaned the bathroom, made the bed, vacuumed the porch where my kitties live, dusted dusted dusted, started a load of laundry, gave Duncan a bath and a haircut, gave Rosie a bath, gave me a bath LOL then washed up all the things I used on them for their baths. I sat down and passed out for 40 minutes LOL I was exhausted!
Kevin and Maria had their kitty pass yesterday, she was 13. She quit eating and was trying to hide so Kevin put her in the 3rd bathroom with everything she needed during the night and was going to call the vet in the morning but she had passed in her sleep. She had a really good life with Maria and then when Kevin came into the picture. Her name was Lola.
I'm just making tacos for supper, I'm too tired to make anything else.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”