Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, May 17th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, May 17th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue May 17, 2022 6:23 am

Good morning!

Happy Norwegian Independence day! And now you know why Autumn chose today as her wedding day - as a way to sort of bring her Norwegian dad to the ceremony. We used to always kind of celebrate this day when he was alive. The appt for their ceremony is at 1pm and it looks like live-streaming might work, so we'll be at Bill's big computer, watching. They made it to Santa Barbara yesterday. She went to a florist and bought flowers - peonies, hyacinths, and forget me nots - which made a lovely bouquet. She sent me a photo. Then they went out for pizza and called it Antonio's bachelor party. :lol: Tomorrow they are driving up the California coast to Big Sur for a day or two before starting back to Texas.

I'm using Bill's laptop now since mine is sitting in the corner. He was finally able to talk to Dell this week and for mine to be repaired it has to go back to Dell in Houston. Consultation and repair costs will be close to $200 and Costco has an HP on sale starting tomorrow (on line) for $379. And it has more features than my 3 yr old unit, so we're going computer shopping! Or computer buying, I guess.

Yesterday I cut enough fabric to make a sample block for my Double Irish Chain (DIC). I love it! And I know my little sister will, too. It is such a good feeling when something suddenly clicks and falls into place after weeks of stewing about it. I'll do some more cutting and sewing this morning. Not sure yet what I will do for backing.

I got in a few hours of yard work, too. I'm closing in on the end of the gotta-do's. Whew! A few more afternoons outside and I'll soon be sitting and sipping lemonade while I admire! Of course, then we'll start that "nature trail" we're planning to build through the woods this summer. My sis and DBIL will help with that when they arrive in August. At least we PLAN for them to help! :lol:

BECCA - I'm happy to hear CA's blood work shows slight improvement. Like you, when I set and look out on the yard, I want to see it all looking spiffy!

CAROL - your week's program sounds pretty busy! Did you leave any time at all for sewing?? :D How was the lecture last night? I'm sure you're going to say spectacular!

IRISH - No, that wasn't me writing to you about a realty business. Sorry that happened. I wonder how many folks got that message or worse from "me". I try hard to keep my "friend" list low so the baddies didn't get a lot from me. So glad you have Baby Girl to help with those household chores! Good thing you don't have any more chores than you do! You'd never get them done! lol! I know you're going to miss your friend, but I say - she should go for all the happiness she can get while she is able! I'm happy for her! Your niece seems to have a bit of a negative streak and a lot of opinions on what other people should do. I wish you all many happy card parties at her new home!

JANA - that was quite an eclipse party! And they even "pre-ordered" law enforcement! :lol: I was sorry to hear of the car accident. I hope the cello survived OK. I was rear-ended many years ago. It took a while for the whip-lash to show up. Months. So beware of problems that still may emerge.

I guess we'll be needing new food tonite. How about orange chicken with jasmine rice and a salad? That sounds tasty to me. Of course I still have to run it by the HOH, but I'm fairly certain he'll give his royal OK. :D

What sounds tasty to you tonite?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, May 17th

Post by Quilter7 » Tue May 17, 2022 8:06 am

Good Morning,

Maryz - There is a Norwegian Church here in San Pedro. My DNA shows 3% Norwegian so guess I can wish you a Happy Norwegian Day. What a hassle you have had with the Dell computer. DH likes Lenova brand computers.

We have enjoyed all six of the speakers in this season! Last night was no exception. Malala is now married and has a degree from Oxford. She is quite a remarkable young woman. Yes, this week is very busy. I have a class tomorrow on Thread Painting and I think that probably will be the closest I get to sewing although maybe today.

Jana - Doesn't the Rav have fold down back seats? That would be a way to retrieve the cello. Sorry to hear Ethan and Sandee still hurting from the accident. What a fun party for the eclipse. We did walk up the hill to have a look. (There are too many trees on our property.)

Becca - Enjoy the walk.

Irish - Sorry your sister has to deal with a daughter that is not making the move easier.

Tonight is the Guild meeting. The speaker is Joyce Hughes. We close the nominations tonight, so I think I will hear who will be the next President. Usually there is only one person running and elections will be by acclamations next month.

Dinner poses a bit of a problem. I think I will cook Chicken. DH doesn't want to eat as early as I need to eat. I do need to go grocery shopping so that may change what we are eating.

Carol

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue May 17, 2022 9:45 am

Hello everyone sunny here today
Did get laundry done & put away
Happy Wedding day to A & A Hope you get to watch
Maryz This TGN is nerve damage & it’s tough to deal with I’ve tried many things but nothing helped I will see if med works
I too love to see things neat looking nice

Carol Glad your speaker was another good one I’m sure they are very informative

Jana Glad they were not hurt in accident

I am doing pork chops grilled Will add green beans have a great day. Becca
Last edited by Becca on Tue May 17, 2022 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue May 17, 2022 10:17 am

Mary, Happy wedding day to Autumn and Antonio.
Hope they have a wonderful time on their trip home.

I'm flying to Chicago. We are finally taking my FIL's ashes to the final resting place with Bill's mother. The service will be tomorrow morning.

Friday and Saturday we'll hang around the city and go to a Cub game at Wrigley field.

Have no idea what we're doing for dinner.

Have a lovely day. /color]
Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue May 17, 2022 2:36 pm

Hi everyone!
Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts.
We had a balloon release Saturday with biodegradable balloons. Services can't be done because they are still doing the autopsy, I guess they have to really be thorough when it's a murder. Jazmyne is the same age and her and Ashton were close friends besides being cousins, they went to school together for 3 years, she's beyond devastated.
My mornings have been spent outside watering and doing outside stuff till about noon when it gets in the 80's then I come inside. Yesterday we hit 99° here.
We've been doing stuff to our pound and can now see down to the bottom. It's nice to be able to see the fish and turtles. We've found 6 baby turtles alive and have them set up in a tank.... we've also found a lot that didn't make it, if they don't go to the water right away they dry out and die.
I've been having troubles for at least 3 weeks now.... my sciatic went crazy and then I got to feeling under the weather for a week but hopefully will be better soon. If I watch what I do with the sciatic I'm having better days.
Supper tonight will be hamburgers on the grill and air fryer French fries. It's Dad's night and Jazmyne's too.
I'll try to stop by more. 🤞
Tina

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue May 17, 2022 4:16 pm

I am late! Happy wedding day to Autumn and Antonio! Hope you enjoyed it through live broadcast!
Supper tonight was tacos. That makes a nice summer meal. Just watered my new plants outdoors and now Wheel of Fortune is coming on. Then we will watch a Hallmark movie we recorded on another day. I never made it to my sewing machine. Maybe better luck tomorrow.
That's all I know this evening.
Sending good wishes and hugs all around.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue May 17, 2022 6:24 pm

Good evening!

Sliding in here way late. My baked chicken and rice graced our plates tonight. Heading to Costco tomorrow morning, so who knows what will be hooked and jump in my basket. Really only need milk and strawberries. We'll see how fast I am in and out.

Happy first day to the rest of their lives! I know that it was a beautiful ceremony for Autumn and Antonio. Congratulations!

Ethan was here today and is doing great. His cello is fine and out of the car. The other day, Emma, Ethan and Baden were playing "miners" - moving my pile of rocks for yard stuff and left them out on the lawn, so Ethan put all back where they had been. Now we can mow the grass.

Sarah had a landscaper friend come by to look at the new yard plan and give us a bid on doing it. We are waiting for that bid. We will cut back on how much grass is out there and build new flower beds. Also adding a new walkway to the front door. Glad I have a good supply of cotton, this will definitely make a dent in funds here. LOL!

Enjoy the rest of the evening!

Tina - so glad to see you here again. Many prayers of comfort for you and all the family.

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”