Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thurs Jan 27

Daily discussions.
QuiltGram8

Thurs Jan 27

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:17 am

Good Morning!
Just getting my coffee ☕ waking up to temps warmer than we expected. 25° I forgot the weatherman was saying it would warm up over night, but another cold front coming our way.
I brought home material from church for some more tops. I love seeing the tops the other girls make because it gives me more ideas. Even the other girls told me to take a break from trying to use up all those 5" squares. I only have a small amount left, so I will be starting something fresh and new today.
I washed all the fabric last night and sorted what pieces go together.
Fun day today.
Hope your day is fun, too.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

velvet

Re: Thurs Jan 27

Post by velvet » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:12 am

Good mornng to all.
Vel-isn't it fun to see the designs of others when working on tops. Are they made for church members? Laura, my sister, and I were part of a group and the quilts were for the sick and old as comfort quilts. When the quilts were finished the pastor would come into the hall and bless each one. It was very heartwarming. Unfortunately, Laura was not able to deal with the ride (in traffic over 1 1/2 hours each way) and we had to leave it.
Working yesterday with Pat and Diane on qov kits. We ended up with 20 all done. We have a sew-in day in Feb. With the virus and most of our members in the "golden ages" I think more will want to pick up a kit and do it at home. I have 3 Andover quilts that Pat did the LAing and now I need to bind and label for March.
Hope everyone is sewing away and having fun. "Miss Cutie" is happy with her new sewing room as I am to.
Diane

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:16 am

Good Morning, We had such a busy day yesterday that we came home and vegged out. I managed to set up Kens coffeepot to fill his thermos in the morning, We had a nice time with our neighbors. They are such nice folks. In their 80s and still doing so much very active in theor church and Andy at 85 in an elder.
Today the day will be pretty quiet for me...a little laundry and a bit of clean up. Hoping to get to the sewing today. Tonight we take our oldest son and his wife out to dinner for their birthdays . Their birthdays are a week apart.
Well I need coffee. Hope your day is relaxing,,,RELAX is my word of the day. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:40 am

Good morning All
Nothing going on here. Still cold but much warmer today than yesterday, went from -3 to 27 this morning.
Velda sounds like you are keeping busy and having a good time. I have many packets of charm packs. I keep telling myself I will get them together soon. I have two packs of thirties that I want to turn into baby quilt.
A grandmother can always dream.
Judi It sounds like you had a really good time with the seniors. Its wonderful that they are still so active.
I hope you have a good time at birthday celebration
Diane You too sound busy busy. But you are doing good work.

Well today I have to work on my taxes, A job I hate. I wish I could do my own, However I will need to figure out depreciation on a riding lawn mower which is used on farm. Otherwise I could handle it. Taxes have changed so much from when I did them. Yesterday worked on my challenge piece. Got all my pieces cut out and placed on bacground. If time I will iron down today. Its not fancy but its cute. Got all my blocks done for week on my mystery quilt. Also got a couple of loads of laundry to do. Sounds like I got a busy day. LOL So I am off for another cup of Java.

You all have a great sewing day
Katy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:51 am

Good morning.

We are in Quartzsite Arizona this morning on the desert with a few thousand other RVs. There is a big RV show going on here this week. It happens every year. My sister-in-law is here so we met up and parked together. Today she will move back to her friends in their Winnebago circle and we will move on West.

Judy, Bill does have an enhanced drivers license. I haven’t got mine yet. But it doesn’t make it any faster to get over the border, just easier. There is no cutting the line. This line is on foot. He left the pick-up in a big parking lot on the USA side

Diane, sorry Covid is causing such heartache in your group.

Mary Q, yes I think you should get a dog and call him UBU!

SHARONA, when will you get your puppy? We got Scotty at seven weeks. Isn’t yours about five weeks old now? I forgot the breed. Sorry. My bad.

Tina, we never dry Scotty. Never occurred to us! We just let him drip dry and then brush him later. That’s exactly what I do with my own hair.

Jana, sorry about the fabric snafu. But now you have extra fabric!! 😃. Plus you get to go fabric shopping. Again

Flo, a burn pile is always a fun event at our house or was until they were banned. We get out the lawn chairs and the rakes and the beer and have a good afternoon

Katy, Will you show us your challenge piece when it’s done or will we have to wait until after the judging? How is your back?

Lois, We are with you today! In spirit Anyway. Don’t really want to be there in person. 😁

Yesterday while waiting for Bill to come back from Dentist I got a significant amount of work done on my cross stitch project. My audiobook played to keep me company. The day before the Internet was lousy so I couldn’t listen. I will work on it some more today as we travel.

Make your day a good one!

Mary z

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:12 am

Good morning everyone!
Velda, did you think about Tossed 9 Patch for those 5" squares? It uses them up pretty fast.
Diane, wow 20 kits is a lot to get done in 1 day! You all are amazing!
Judi, sounds like the fun hasn't stopped at your house yet, enjoy tonight out ❤
Katy, I love 30's, they would make a beautiful baby quilt. Yep, grandma's can dream ❤
Maryz, all my doggies shiver when wet, maybe I have weenies LOL. They dry them at the groomers but it's at a very low heat.
Well this morning we're going to town, need to pay the last payment on the twin bed we bought for the grands at Thanksgiving, go deposit the checks I've received for comfort quilts postage and go pick up a Walmart grocery order. Dad needed a couple more things so i just added to our order and we'll drop those off. My sewing room is a mess from moving the bigger table in there so I'll be cleaning that back up after getting groceries put away.
Did you all see the new deadline for the contest? February 15th.
You all have a great day!
Tina

womster

Post by womster » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:31 am

Good morning!

I am working in the church office this morning, so I only have time for a drive-by.

Maryz - Our puppy (Maisie) will be four weeks old Friday. She is a schnoodle (schnauzer/poodle mix). The breeder keeps them until they're eight weeks old. I'm ordering all the puppy stuff from Amazon this week, and her puppy food from Costco next week. Yay!

Tina - my check will be in the mail. After reading all the new tax stuff for PayPal and Venmo, it seems the easier way for you.

Have a lovely day! xoxo Sharona

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:35 am

Hello Everyone

I'm back and taking it easy for the rest of the day we are both sitting around Bill is still a little tired and I'm now a little tired the most I did is get a pot of chicken soup in the crock pot.

Well thats all the news from here.
Everyone have a great day.
Lois

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:13 am

Quick drive by, February Lotto is posted. Short month so decided to post early.

No new news with Dad. I did get one of my BOM done at Free Sew yesterday but was a hard block so will do the other later. Picked out the fabrics to go with my Charm pack for the class I am taking next month. Then found a couple very nice fabrics so bought a yard of each.

Need to get to the bank, grocery and a few other places.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:14 pm

Good afternoon!

Well, I am still legal to drive! Passed the mugshot and the eye chart. That was all required, except for money. Paid that too. Michael waited in the car for me, sort of. Since he was in a DMV parking lot, he practiced driving and parallel parking, they had the cones out for driving tests so he used them. Then drove home on the back roads, to practice more. I haven't let him drive until now because of the brain fog, but this helped him today. My mugshot isn't too bad either.

Ethan is now on online school for a week or so. There's a threshold number of Covid cases and when that is reached at each school, they then go online. Well, Ethan has a slight cold, and the number need just one more, so the principal called Ethan's cold Covid, though its not, because they wanted to be online to slow things down. To say the least, Ethan is Sandee's favorite! Sandee has wanted to be online for awhile.

Still working and making good progress on the pantry project. It has spread not only to my kitchen, but the laundry room, right next to it. This is Michael's project, so I am just kibitzing on most things. A few I say no too. He does know what I like and does that. Mostly.

Time to scoot,
Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Sew ins”