Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wed, Jan 26

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Wed, Jan 26

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:49 am

Good morning!

I hope I’m not walking on somebody. When I post on my Computer I keep two tabs open and switch back-and-forth. But I can’t do that on my phone.

Bill has 2nd appt today. Took him two hours to get back over the border yesterday. He goes over on foot and there’s always a long line coming back. Algodones is a safe town and lots of Americans go over to shop, get new glasses, dental work, medication, and liquor. Sometimes if you go early the line to get back it’s only 20 minutes long. But not yesterday!

While he was gone I cleaned all the drawers and cabinets in the trailer. Something I usually do after we get home. Today, I guess I will read

Before he goes over this morning we’re going into town for a short grocery trip. When he comes back we will move 75 miles north to Quartzsite. One night there and we are off to Bakersfield

Lori, I have come to the conclusion that I will never be a knitter either. If I am going to start playing with yarn I will crochet

Sherri, for sure you are having sewing Weather. That being said, what are you sewing?

Valerie, how did you do at the doctor? Anxious for February Lotto. I am wondering if repeat Covid cases are different variants…. I hear there is yet another new one out there – at least in Washington. Called BA.

Chris, I’ve been through Angels Camp! Love all those 49er mining towns. Did you find anything at your thrift shops? I look for the same stuff plus books, pants, And whatever else catches my eye

Jana, I envy you your butler pantry. It sounds like your new shelf will be full of old memories

Mary Q, what day was Jan‘s birthday? Autumn’s was January 10. Exciting about the big move!! Less so about the big painting party

Lois, aren’t you the one looking for blue fabrics? Found any yet?

Judi, what are you doing today?

Happy hump day to everyone!

Mary z

velvet

Re: Wed, Jan 26

Post by velvet » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:07 am

Sunny and warm day for us today.
Today going to Diane's with Pat to get some qov kits cut- it makes it easier for some sewers. We're trying to get ahead of our list. It has been depressing with the virus--it has lasted so so long. Calls being placed to set up safe presentations to be told some of the vets did not make it. So very heartbreaking to everyone. Many of our vets are unknown to us but their going is very sad. Please if you see a vet on your trips--Please thank them for their service, you can make someone smile including yourself.

Stay safe.
Diane

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:22 am

Good Morning, I am up dressed and bed is made all I need now is coffee. We have a 930 appt with the surgical nurse for Kens surgery, then we need to stop at my sisters so Ken can look at her tractor...seemes it wants to stall while she is pushing snow. ( yes we use a tractor when we have a lot of snow, she has several hundred feet from her house to her barn where her motor home is parked) Then after we leave there ( perhaps a little lunch then) then My friend asked Ken to come by and look at a porposed remodel. ( she wants to turn her garage into an apartment with bathroom and kitchen) its allowed but she is not sure about the structure,,so today is all about Ken,,LOL I tag along. Then we will leave there come home to pickup our neighbors to go to dinner,,,( am I tired yet)..I doubt there will be anything left of the day to do.
I hope your day is filled with as much fun as mine,,,Mary, enjoy your quiet day, Here we are isuued enhanced drivers licenses it allows us to travel in and out of canada and mexico at will. we live a half hour from the candian border so that is always where we go ( not with Covid). I have never been to Mexico.
Well I need coffee and to see bout the care and feeding of a husband before we leave...Have a wonderful day, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:28 am

Good morning Ladies
Well today I will be lying low I'm cleansing for my colonoskpy which will be tomorrow :lol: .
Right now while I have the chance I'm washing some clothes I don't start the prep till 12 so I'll get things done.
Bill is having his done now his brother took him after that they will stop off for a breakfast sandwich and then come home to eat.
Well thats all the news here everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:14 am

Morning

Sunny & cold today. Joe will set off burn pile if woind stays down, I will stay in house and bake cookies. I am thinking snickerdoodles. I am ready for spring....winter stinks.
Did get actual sewing yesterday. We have a 6 inch shelf that runs behind our couch. I usually fold a table cloth to cover it, it's unfinished plywood, but a made a simple quilted runner. Pup kept trying to pull fabric out of machine to play with it, so it took longer than usual, and is 1 foot too long....better too long than short.
Time to run
Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:53 am

Good morning!

Sun is just sneaking a first peek over the mountains and it's cold outside too! The heater just turned on to warm up the house. I am really not minding winter too much this year, but Spring will be a welcome change.

I finished sewing on the scout patches and hemmed the pants. I hate hemming! I calculated how many years I have been sewing patches on scout uniforms for Matt - 36 years! Since he was a Cub Scout! We won't even go into how many patches!

Still working on the major pantry reorganizing. It of course spilled over to include other cabinets and drawers in my kitchen. I did the online stuff for my driver's license and have a appointment for tomorrow morning. It looks like it will be just the eye chart reading and mugshot, then I am good for another 8 years. This afternoon I pick up Ethan at school and then take him to his cello lesson. That my exciting day!

My backing fabric for my CR quilt arrived and is the wrong red! My red Is a dark Christmas red and this is much lighter, towards a pinkier red, so I now have 8 yards of a wrong piece to now come up with a quilt top to go with it! I ordered the backing fabric from the name on the selvage but my piece had no number with the name, just the name, so dumb dumb me assumed there was only one red. Oh well, I just got a head start on a new quilt! I love red!

Time to get my day going, stay safe, warm and have fun!

Hugs,
Jana

womster

Post by womster » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:36 am

Good morning!

Looks like I did a ghost post yesterday….

Maryz – sorry the line was so long. Hopefully today will be quicker. Enjoy your reading.

Diane – how sad about the loss of these precious vets. It’s great that y’all are creating kits.

Judi – enjoy being the lovely assistant today. Care and feeding of the husband – that made me LOL!

Lois – good luck today. I bet Bill is glad to have his over with.

Flo – your house will smell so good with those cookies baking.

Jana – are you going to order more fabric in the deeper red? A pinkier red – I can almost picture that color. Do you have a quilt top in mind, or will you make a new one?

Today we are ordering the new puppy stuff. We got about 4” of snow yesterday, and another storm is racing through here tomorrow morning. I really thought after the holidays things would slow down – they haven’t yet. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:31 am

Good Morning All

Just waiting for the coffee to kick in.... It's warmed up to only 5 Below this morning, but since I got my errands done yesterday... there is no place I have to go today ... .and it's my turn for the "laundromat" so while I sew I can do laundry.. Kind of at stand still with packing for a while.

Maryz... Jen's birthday was the 11th. I figure since she was a week late upon arrival, it was ok to send her package late. I got to the hospital at 4:10 am (looked at the clock in the ER) and she was born at 5:38am. They told me to get here sooner the next time.... I told them there wasn't going to be a next time... .I lied. Then I had Kevin.. arrived at ER at 12:10am and he was born at 12:28am. DEX was out parking the car when Kevin was born! Good sign I should quit! Are you excited to get back on the road? Look for feed mills and grain elevators etc around Bakersfield.... chances are my Dad designed/built them!

Diane.... Who would have ever thought we'd still be seeing so much Covid around.. around me it seems to be getting worse instead of better. A young gal I used to work with died at age 31 from heart-related Covid. She left a 7yr old son.. I worked with her when she was pregnant with... It's all so sad... and to lose our Vets. Whenever I see a Vet with a watchcap/baseball hat with his ship on it... I'll know he was a navy guy and I try to start up a conversation and then thank them. I have a special place in my heart for Navy men. There was a ship in the Navy named after a distant cousin of mine.. and My Dad was a Pilot! When I was at the airport in AK there was a navy Female Navy there... I could have hugged her if it weren't for Covid! She almost made me schmoopy!

Judi.... Man, that Ken is going to be a busy guy! When is surgery scheduled again. Do you suppose he could set up his own little consulting business and just consult people on their building projects. Shawn and Kris have all sorts of plans to remodel my house... they could use somebody like Ken! By the way, was he able to fix your coffee maker? :lol: :lol:

Lois.... I must have been thinking about you guys having your tests... had a weird dream that I was in the hospital for the same test and I kept trying to talk them out of it... :lol: :lol: Do you have your first meal after the test all planned?

Flo..... agreed...... too long is better than too short! Brennen and I made a double batch of choc. chip cookies the other day, since I found a 5lb bag of chips I forgot I had.... they are almost gone! I love walnuts in mine, so I made some with nuts... the kids won't touch those!

Jana... Kind of a happy mistake yes? To have 8 yards already on hand for a next fun project? Once you get done with your pantry... come on over when I move.. you can share your expertise with me! Have you ever heard of "The Container Store" ? that's where I'm going... once I move!

Sharon... My BFF always used to threaten to snow Colorado snow to me.... but since she's moved.. not so much... So please don't send me any. I kind of remember you are getting a new puppy... tell me again what kind? And do you have a name picked out? I thought if I ever got a dog again I'd name him UBU... like that old TV show that at the end said "Sit UBU sit" :lol: :lol:

Yesterday I did go get my booster... no side effects except a sore arm! SO I guess I will have to get something done today inside of being lazy and passing it off as "from my shot" Felt good to get out for a little bit even those it was close to 10 below. I spent quite a while with my friend "jack" last night as I sewed some pieces of an Irish Change (MSQ pattern) all wrong. like ten of them. Will re-sew today.
For now I have to run and get supper started... Throwing some stew meat in the crock pot for a big batch of beef soup with barney... and oh yes some vegetables too!

Most importantly.. I need more Coffee!

Have a Happy Wednesday y'all

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:38 am

Good morning everyone!
Maryz, that is a long time to get back across, hope today is a faster crossing 🤞
Diane, oh that's so sad about losing the vets. I'm sorry.
Judi, I wish we had the enhanced driver's licenses here to include Mexico and Canada. I don't cross to Mexico anymore but there's a lot that do and it would be nice for them. Your day sounds fun, enjoy!
Lois, I don't know what to say..... enjoy your day sounds..... well just wrong. LOL
Flo, are you going to post a pic of your quilted runner?
Jana, don't you love these cleaning projects that spill over and pull other things in? LOL it's happening here too. Can you post a pic of your place at your stairs please? It sounds really great to me 😊
Sharona, when is puppy getting day? I'm so excited for you! Have you posted any updated pics?
Maryq, glad no soreness or side affects. How do you stand getting out and about in those cold temps, I'd be a cry baby....a frozen cry baby!
Well I'm changing out a small table for a larger table in my sewing room. The smaller one I'll use as my grooming table. I'm looking for a doggie dryer online so I don't ruin mine. When it takes an hour to dry 1 dog I need a regular doggie dryer. I already have a stand to help hold it. Plus I have the neck thingy to keep them from jumping off the table, I don't think these 2 would but I'd rather be safe.
Well I gotta get busy cleaning my little table off.
You all have a great day!
Tina

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:11 am

Good morning. It's going to be a wonderful day today.

I moved up the due date for donations to the comfort quilt kitty. The prize drawing will be on February 15th.

I have a zoom meeting at 10 this morning then it's all about breakfast and sewing.

I have a sort of dilemma. I'm not wanting to work but a job as a clerk for the courthouse here has been showing itself to me often. It requires a typing test, and I have called to get an appointment to take one. I think I will apply for the job and then make a decision if and when I am up for selection. It would be nice to have the extra income and also the retirement and medical insurance. I am also 58 1/2 years old and not sure how much longer I will be working if at all. UGH!!

You all have a fun day,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”