Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Jan 17th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Jan 17th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:41 am

Good morning!

Wow! I have a new husband! they gave him steroids in the ER and by the time we were back to the trailer he was feeling almost normal! Took a long walk, filled our water tank, started packing up chairs/tables, and he even grilled us ham/cheese sandwiches for supper. Then our test results from last Thursday finally came in and he was positive (which we know now!) and I was negative. Yay me. He was up before me this morning (which never happens!) and is making plans on what to do today to make ready to leave tomorrow. So, unless things change I guess we're going home. Doc said he would feel better in 7-10 days and could do what he wanted. Tomorrow will be Day 9. He will retest in Yuma before going to dentist which will be 2 weeks. Most RV parks have no-contact registration now if you have rezzies (and we do), and fuel is pay at pump where he will use gloves. So we're not worried about spreading this around.

Since we spent the morning in the ER yesterday I didn't get to sew until after 1pm. I got 13 more crazy blocks finished. In all, I need to make about 50 more. They go quickly but I'll be packing them all away later today. I'll also do laundry plus we'll be picking up a curbside order of more milk and bread. And we'll take a late afternoon walk by our friends' place and wave to them.

CAROL - you have a very busy, very fun week ahead of you!! Enjoy every minute! You must not live far from the Road venue?

JANA - Well? Did the crockpot do OK last night? Funny you said mashed potatoes - easy to make, right? And yet, somehow I've lost my touch. They rarely turn out good for me anymore, so I hear ya on the "can no longer cook" problem. I assume you saw the 49ers won their game? We heard, but down here it had a definitely different tone - more like groans and "words". no cheering in Texas. lol!

LORI - There is no place here to get water. All utilities are at the sites, only. But the water did come back yesterday after about 3 hours. Not sure what happened but probably do to the windstorm we had. Not sure I should be allowed to even try to drive this rig. I jack-knifed our riding lawnmower once while pulling it's little trailer and popped one of the big tires!

VELDA - if you are up to baking cookies, you must be doing well! Drugs are funny things. Especially any sort of anesthesia. It can take up to 3 days for some things to clear your system. I once cared for a large elderly man, 2nd day post-op. He attacked me, saying I was the Russian Army. that incident took 45 minutes to resolve and sent me to the ER. All because he had a history of reacting this way to general anesthesia. I know you didn't have gen. anes, but it does illustrate the power of some drugs.

BECCA - how is your CA doing? Hopefully eating better and your throat has stopped tickling you. With snow and no power, you don't need anything else on your plate, except your supper!

Tonite we're going to grill pork chops. I have some betty crocker scalloped potatoes to go with and salad or peas. Dinner will be early so stove can cool down and be packed away. These are big thick boneless chops so we always share one and we'll have an extra pork chop to dice up for pork fried rice tomorrow night.

What's going on your plate tonite?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Jan 17th

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:21 am

Maryz - It will take at least an hour to get to Ontario from where I live. Yes, I have a very busy week. I will be learning more quilting skills. So glad to hear Bill is better.

I hope everyone has a great week and stays healthy!!

I am driving out early to help hang quilts for an exhibit this morning. Saturday afternoon I volunteered to take the same exhibit down.

Carol

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:54 am

Hello everyone still snowy looking here We had real fine snow this morning We got probably 7 ins I didn’t measure
No school here due to MLK day so that’s good They won’t have to miss a day

Maryz I still have my slight cough & tickling CA is eating a tad His appetite has left him What ever he says he will eat I try to make
Glad Bill is a new man With me being allergic to steroids it makes it rough if I need something
Hope you get to leave tomorrow

Carol Enjoy your busy week

I’m doing the burger today will add FFs for him Not my choosing I will have.a salad with mine Have a great day to all Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:58 am

Carol, this picture popped up in my feed today. It's from 2009. No I won't be going to Road2CA this year. Too many people in one space for my liking. What classes are you taking? How fun to see all the quilts before everyone else.

Mary, maybe you shouldn't attempt driving. lol Hope Bill continues to get better. Too bad you didn't find out sooner.

I've only go 2 parts of the puzzle quilt to go. I see if I can get them done today. Then I can begin putting it together. I do need to vacuum first and do a little house work. Right now Jack is sleeping across my lap as I type this. He is such a sweet boy.

Dinner will be tamales and Spanish rice.

Have a lovely day.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:35 am

Good morning!
Got up and had places to go, just getting groceries. I made a pick up order last night at Walmart to pick up at 9 and figured we'd just run in and get some meat from our locally owned grocer(we only buy meat from them). Gosh the prices just keep getting crazy ridiculous! We bought 8 packages of meat, 4 of those were just under a pound each of 80% hamburger packages, we bought 1 box of 20 hamburger patties (they're the same price per pound and our store just does them up so no extra cost) and a very small pork roast and it was $100 🤯
Mary, so glad Bill is feeling better. I think you should avoid Texas for awhile.
Carol, have fun hanging those quilts! You get a close up and no crowds, best of the best!
Becca, I wish I could have your snow. Not the power outage though. Glad you have a generator!
Lori, love the pic! We could put our suppers together and have a real Mexican feast!
I put red chile meat in the crockpot before we left this morning, the yummy smell is already making me hungry. I'm going to do a small pot of pinto beans to go with. If Lori pops over with her stuff I won't need to make rice, but if she can't make it then I'll make a little rice too.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:07 pm

Good afternoon!

Looking for where there is a store with some extra ambition for sale. Seems as if all those shelves are bare too! I did a couple loads of laundry and that is caught up for the week. Kitchen is clean too. Just need to haul myself downstairs and do something!

Dinner came out OK. I did get the mashed potatoes a bit loose, but they are OK. We have just enough for dinner tonight.

Lori - yes, we have a Marcos near by and have been meaning to try them. The place chain always reminds me of the pizza shop in Everybody Loves Raymond.

Mary - so glad Bill is responding so great to the steroids. Good traveling weather according to what we see for the next two weeks.

Tina - I like to get my groceries early too and yes, prices are outrageous!

Becca - glad you have a generator. Snow is pretty to look at as long as I am inside with power!

Carol - our quilt shows have gotten far and few apart. One a year and it is outdoors in the trees and garden.

Well I hear the last load finishing and need to take care of it.

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”