Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club Thanksgiving day

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club Thanksgiving day

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:00 am

Good morning and happy Thanksgiving!

We are in quartzsite AZ, parked in the desert next to my sister and brother-in-law. Scotty was happy to see his little sheltie cousin, Hank. It’s good to be off the road for a few days. The first half of yesterday was thick fog and the second half was 25-30mph wind. California has closed so many of the rest areas that it’s really hard to find a place to pull over and rest. But we made it and for that I’m thankful

Last night we enjoyed an “everything” pizza, a pitcher of beer, and Little Debbie brownies with birthday sprinkles for my sis

Today we will pool our resources for Thanksgiving. Turkey breast in the Dutch oven and whatever else we find. I have Instant mashed potatoes and gravy, A box of stove top stuffing, canned green beans, frozen rolls. And things to make a pumpkin pie. I will see what my sister has and we will go from there. We also have cranberries, olives, and stuffed celery.

Lori, your Thanksgiving table topper is amazing!

Carol, I know you are quite the cook so I’m sure your dinner is going to be delicious!

Velda, enjoy your day however you spend it.

Jana, it will be good to finally be together today with all your family. Congratulations to Aaron on his new job if he decides to take it.

Becca, happy Thanksgiving to all of your wonderful folks.

Tina, I know you’re busy, too, making delicious aromas waft through your house from your beautiful new stove. And how are you liking that stove?

We will probably drive into town for some fuel since we are unhitched from the trailer right now. Never thought I would think $4.17 a gallon to be a bargain! But after Cali prices, we will happily take it! If the wind stays quiet we will probably set up a table outside and play a game of dominoes before cooking a midday dinner. My sister adores dominoes and has already put in her request for a birthday game. Scotty is happy to have his cousin to play with and to be off leash for the first time in a very long time. Even Foxy got to be outside, rolling around in a dust bath and then hopped into my brother-in-law‘s camp chair. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving no matter what you were doing and who you were spending it with

Special wishes to our absent friends, Chickie and Irish.

QuiltGram8

Re: Supper Club Thanksgiving day

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:37 am

Hi Mary! Sounds like a fun day ahead for you. 🤗🥧🦃💝
I got my Tky Bst. Ready for oven and put back in frig. Cooking will start with Turkey in oven about 1 to 1:30 or so.
Watching Macy's Parade right now.
Already heard from kids. Hope I get reply from some of grandkids, too
Thankful for our special link and friends here around our tables. 🫂💓
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:44 am

Good morning!

Sarah will be here shortly. She is cleaning my kitchen to make sure there is no gluten contamination. Sandee is very gluten intolerant. She isn't feeling well, so we will take dinner over to them,, across the street.. We are cooking one turkey here, the other at Sarah's. All the gluten containing dishes are being done at Sarah's.

The city is doing the background check on Aaron. When that is finished, the final offer can be made and accepted. Aaron will be doing some of what he does now and will have added duties too. One he is well qualified for, missing children, as he was on the SAR team, search and rescue when he was a deputy in California. We have lots of kids who wander off. We also have seniors with medical problems that do the same thing.

Mary - glad you arrived safe and sound! California never had many rest stops.

Vel - hope all the kids call.

Time to scoot,

Enjoy the day! We are so grateful for all we have here in this house and family!

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:38 am

Mary, the gas prices here are ridiculous. Glad you made it to AZ. The wind really kicked up overnight. You probably just saw the beginning of it.

Vel, you are so right about our special link. We are lucky we get to chat everyday.

Jana, good for Aaron. Sounds like there will be a lot of cooking going on between the 2 houses.

We are going to DS and DDIL for dinner. He is going to smoke chicken since there is only a few of us.
Also, nobody likes turkey that much and it usually gets thrown away.

Have a lovely day with your families.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:16 pm

Hello everyone sunny here today I even got a short walk in Ourbusiest day was yesterday That family will be back tomorrow
We have lots of leftovers for them & tons of goodies
We had a great day yesterday Those kids have really grown & changed in a year
I got calls from our other two today They had their families today
Maryz I don’t like traveling in the wind either Glad you got there safe

Jana Enjoy all your family gatherings Congrats to Aaron & his new job

Lori Sure you will enjoy your time with DS

I’m so blessed & thankful for all our friends near & far Becca

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:51 pm

Good Evening,

We had dinner at 2:00 PM. A real change for us. After washing the dishes and a short nap we went for a walk. It was really beautiful. It was just before sunset with a clear blue sky on the shimmering ocean. When we got back home we had dessert.

Dinner was perfect! I made the pumpkin pie this morning. I had the pie crust ready from last night.

Maryz - Glad you made it to the campsite yesterday in time to celebrate your sister’s birthday. Happy Birthday to her.

Tina - Glad you have the new oven to do all the cooking. Like Chriss says “It is good to be you.”

Vel - Hope you enjoyed the parade. You have much to be thankful for this year.

Jana - Good for Aaron. I am sure he will get an offer.

Becca - Leftovers are a great thing to have today. Enjoy all of them.

Hope all of you enjoyed your day as much as I have enjoyed mine.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”