Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Oct 14

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Oct 14

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:50 am

Good drizzly morning,

We're 46* here and going to 55* later today. Not too bad for mid-October. My yesterday was filled with chiropractor, a couple short errands, and finally lunch with my cousin. We had such a good time catching up. I finally drifted into my sewing room about 2pm, got a block finished for AK, and started another one. I have 3-1/2 more to go and then I start adding attic window sashing and appliqueing animals. My plan is to work on that quilt today, b
    ut first I have an 8:30 massage. :) Wish I could reverse those appts and get the massage first, but my massage therapist is in such high demand that I take what appointments I can get.

In other sewing news, I made copies of the rest of my LOTR blocks on foundation piecing paper (so much easier to remove), and Bill said he is going to load my black/bright DWR on the frame. We ordered special shimmery silver thread from Superior and he downloaded a traditional feathery DWR quilting pattern to his Q-bot so that project will soon get under way.

CAROL - congratulations on losing 24 pounds!! Your doctor is going to be very happy with you. You are only missing that goal by a tiny bit. What you have accomplished is great! And I'm happy to say, you were on my shoulder at Applebee's yesterday. My cousin and I both had Asian chicken salad. Of course, the chicken was breaded and fried, but hey- baby steps! At least I used the fork dipping method of applying dressing and only used half of it. I will be back at Applebee's next Tuesday for another lunch for my good friend's birthday. I hope to 'take you along'.

JANA - oh dear! I'm so sorry to hear about Michael! Praying hard this is only a minor set-back and he's back with you again soon. Please keep us posted! I feel like all our hubbies are part of our group, too! Especially since Bill and I have been able to meet you both and enjoy your hospitality.

VELDA - How much longer do you figure it will take to finish the diapers? How many are you making of each size? I had eggs last night, too. Poached on toast. Don't tell Carol but my toast was buttered. However, please DO tell Carol that I really wanted to open a jar of chili con queso cheese sauce and smother those eggs, but she was on my shoulder whispering in my ear - "choose wisely, my friend". So with a sigh, I put the jar back in the pantry. And yes, Vicki's house is far worse than even I can imagine and I've seen it! I won't go in it, however. I think she lets strangers in so she can try to convince them that her children are forcing her to live like that, give her no food, and would they please take her to get groceries? Which means she is running low on booze, which her kids won't buy for her. Maybe if they did, she would stay out of the road.

BECCA - I hate it when my mind won't go to sleep but continues to stew over things! It happens more and more lately. I really hope this hospital mess can be straightened out soon. Maybe a letter to your AG would get some attention? Sorry, I called Estel Esther. I had just been talking to my friend, Esther and I guess she was on my mind.

LORI - hello! How is your recovery going? I hope that the entire experience will be in your rear view mirror soon.

TINA - Glad you have your plants all nice and clean and trimmed. I only have 7 and I like them, but they are a real headache when we travel. I can take a few small ones in the treailer, but most of them are definitely not small. I upend wine bottles filled with water and set in those terra cotta spikes and that lasts about 2 weeks. But when we're going to be gone for 2 months, that doesn't work. I am going to ask my BFF, Marlene, if she'll take care of them. I'm pretty sure she will (she's a big house plant person), but she lives 90 miles away and we'll have to take them to her house. Nice to have Jasmyne to help with the chores. I know the dust in your area can be pretty bad. And glad your sewing room is staying mostly clean! The fabric dust in mine is terrible.

SHIRLEY MAE - Nice to see you at the supper table! Thank you for your sweet thoughts and prayers for us all.

I haven't given supper much thought yet. It's only 0530. But perhaps we'll have tamales and refried beans. I don't have lettuce, but I do have cucumber, tomatoes, broccoli, and kalamata olives. I will mix them up with a little Italian dressing. JANA, what was it you added to refried beans to make them special? A dab of sour cream?

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Oct 14

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:47 am

Hi, Mary. I can tell you are getting excited byabout your trip to Texas. Will you make it to your daughter's house by Thanksgiving or will you spend that Holiday on the road?
    I have diapers finished. Doing two receiving blankets and matching burp cloths with the extra few inches of flannel. I will share another picture when I can. I made 3 in XS, 2 of S, and 2 of M. The soaker pads for newborn size look like they will work in the next size. The M needed bigger soaker pads. I made 5 pads for that size. Might not be enough, but my neice has another Aunt sewing some things too, and maybe even the smaller soaker pads could be doubled to make good use of those as baby grows?
    I made 15 of the smaller soakers, but I admit, I was tired of sewing them, and was getting low on the Terry cloth for the inside, so I stopped at 5 for the Medium size.
    For supper? I have to check what I can thaw out. Didn't plan ahead today.
    Gotta get going now.

Here's two pictures of her gift. Thinking I will take it with us when we go to dog sit Oct 31 - Nov 6 or 7. Maybe she can drop by and I can give to her in person. ??
    Last edited by QuiltGram8 on Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
    HUGS, 💕 Vel

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:39 am

Hello everyone sunny here today I walked this morning Then started cleaning bathrooms Got them done & dusted some but more to do & the floors I may let Tina come back next week or next I’ll see
    Maryz Thats fine on name It’s hard to keep them all straight Just for my family
    You & Bill are very productive in your quilt making
    I hear little hints in my head when I make choices as to what is healthy
    Vickys case is a sad one
    Velda I’m sure your niece will be very appreciative of all you made
    CA wants beans n Frank’s so I swill add cole slaw
    Have a great day to all
    Jana I will read sew ins I don’t know about Michael but praying for you both

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:45 am

Good morning!

It's cold, it's snowing and yes, Michael is back in the hospital. We couldn't keep his O2 up. It was between 82 and 84 here on home O2. So Kate came over and did an assessment and 911 was called. It's her station area that we live in, so out they came. I sat in the ER with Michael for nearly 5 hours before they transferred him to SLC, where he was before. They were able in those hours to get his O2 up into the high 90s, a good thing. They did a CT scan of his lungs and put Michael on a antibiotic for bacterial pneumonia. Kate did a really good job and spotted the lung problem. Again, no idea on how long he will be in the hospital. Just hope it's long enough this time!

So, the whole Ward saw the red lights and are worried over us. The Ward all notified the Bishop. Bishop said his phone lit up like a Christmas tree! LOL! They called Sarah too. So our good friend will be down to winterize the sprinklers. We knew that needed to be done before all the excitement of yesterday. Matt leaves today for Dland and Sarah tomorrow. Sarah has recovered from her bout with this virus. So it's a good thing I had four kids, Aaron is stepping up and helping me this time. He and Kate always help, but they are now in the lead. Daniel is on the phone with me all the time too. But he is still in California. We need to win the lottery, we found Daniel a place between Sarah and my house, just perfect for Daniel, but the price is outrageous, 1.3 million, a run down house and a large barn, and 2 acres of land. It's the land that makes the cost high. The barn is perfect for Daniel's car collection. He rebuilds muscle cars, specifically Mustangs. Oh well, we can dream..... LOL!

Mary - yes, just a dab, a tablespoon or so of sour cream or even milk to refried beans. Makes them creamy. Hope Scottie is fine. Smudge and Foxy both need kitty diets. Smudge is a chunk too.

Vel - congrats on a good weight loss. That is a accomplishment to be proud of! The last bit will come off too. Good food choices is the way to do weight loss.

Well, been trying to get this done and posted, but my phones, notice plural, keep ringing - at the same time!

Hugs,
    Jana

Oh dinner - the car knows the way and I have chips! So much for good food choices here! LOL!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:53 pm

Jana, glad to hear the church knows in case you need some extra help while the kids are at the Happiest place on Earth. I'm only 10 miles from Dland, so if something comes up and they need something, I'm here. Hopefully they take care of Michael's lungs and get him home to you soon. I know it must be very difficult with the kids gone. Wish I lived closer to help.

Becca, I was going to the cleaning this morning and got side tracked in the yard. We have a Jasmine
    bush that got too heavy and bent over. It's on the side of the house and was obstructing the walk way. So I went out and cut it back to just the main vine. It's been there quite a while, so the main trunk is large and will come back.

Vel, those diapers are so darn cute. An add for a pattern popped up on my computer the other day. They looked exactly like yours.

Mary, I'm feeling much better. Just one spot is still a little sore, but really doesn't bother me too much. I have my 6 week post op on Monday. Bummer about Vicki. That is such a horrible disease. Have you heard from Mariam? I like your salad idea. I make salads without lettuce a lot. I like the other veggies better.

Not sure what's for dinner. I'm heading to a Witches Brew at 6. One of the ladies in our friendship group is having a few of us over. She is an over decorator. Goes all out for Halloween, Fall, Christmas. Looking forward to seeing her house. I've never been.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:46 pm

Jana you got me mixed up with someone else. No weight loss here. Oh, I wish, but no, not disciplined enough. 😉
    HUGS, 💕 Vel

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:00 pm

Hi everyone!
    I woke up at 5, stayed snuggled in till 6 and got up and waited till 7 to let the dogs out and started mopping floors. After I got that job done Frankie got up. Then I went to take my shower and get ready for the day. Got my laundry done up again, made red enchilada sauce and put red Chile meat in the crockpot.
    We've had a breezy day. Matthew is here and Easton will be here in a little bit.
    Mary, we were down to 41 this morning but we're at 71 now, we have a wider range of temps than you I guess. So how far did you get on the Alaska quilt today? I bought a pack of those paper piecing papers to give them a whirl.
    Velda, wow you made quite a bit, she's going to be over the moon happy!
    Becca, a wise choice to have someone else vacuum....I think it's the hardest job.
    Jana, I hope they get Micheal 100% ASAP ❤ Wow that's a lot for 2 acres and a house and barn..... yep you better win the lottery.
    Lori, I'm gonna need details of that decorating please LOL. Glad you're feeling better.
    Well I have enchilada sauce and red Chile meat made for supper. I have all kinds of things for the boys to eat.... hamburgers, corn dogs, chicken nuggets, pizza, tv dinners, cereal, pancakes, waffles, eggs..... I'll see what they want. Plus I have salad, veggies, mac and cheese and another type pasta I can make too. I think they won't go hungry LOL
    Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:42 pm

Maryz - Thanks! I worked hard at it for the last six months. I do plan to continue. My mantra has been "Don't eat protein without greens".

Velda - Those diapers are really adorable! The little ones are so tiny! It is no wonder you got tired of making the inserts.

Becca - I agree vacuuming is the most difficult. Cleaning floors in general is difficult even with wood floors it takes work to keep up.

Jana - So sorry Michael is back in the hospital. Glad you have so many watching out for you.

Tina - You do have lots of goodies for the boys.

Lori - Glad to hear your recovery has gone so well!

Tonight's dinner will be Chicken with Mustard Sauce, potatoes, broccoli and salad. The chicken is in the oven and I am hungry!

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”