Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper club, Tuesday, August 3

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:06 am

I am late! My sister and brother-in-law arrived yesterday 10 minutes after I finished the binding and label on GD3. And they have been stuck to our hips ever since. Lol! Very hard to get to the computer. I’m hiding in the laundry room right now so mums the word!

I posted a picture of my quilt. I think my sewing time will be extremely limited for the next two weeks. Sis and I are headed out to do a little shopping today – Ross, Goodwill, and somewhere for new shoes for me

Supper tonight will be orange chicken with jasmine rice. I credit Lori for her appetizing mentions of orange chicken. I tried making it myself and it was pretty good but Costco‘s is better. And now it’s one of our new favorites

Hope oh your dinners are as tasty!

gershwin64

Re: Supper club, Tuesday, August 3

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:14 am

Good morning!
I have Easton today, he has a tummy bug and we had to go pick him up at school yesterday.
Mary, your quilt is gorgeous! You did an amazing job on it! Have fun with your sis!
Easton is watching Home Alone and just chillin so I'm between watching and my sewing room working on swap blocks. I'm taking turns.
I have chicken thawing for supper, maybe I'll try to make orange chicken, I love it!!
Tina

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:12 am

Thanks for sharing pictures, Mary.
Awesome quilt and quilting!
Tonight I am serving leftover spaghetti that I froze last week. Add salad. And Yum!!!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:44 pm

Hi y'all!

I am sitting in the railroad hobby store parking lot. Michael went in to check on some engines he ordered. We are out killing time till my Highlander has new tires and a full alignment. We knew the time was now for tires, there were some very smooth sections and both Aaron and Daniel said NOW! Tires for that puppy ain't CHEAP!

I did get my new robot vacuum yesterday and Michael is still grousing around about it. I charged it overnight and got our WiFi connected. Even ran it for a bit. It is a hoot to watch. I have it over in a corner by pur dining table, it maneuvered it way through all the chairs and then into my great room. Michael named it Yoohoodi. Rather fitting as when something disappears we always say Yoohoodi did it. NOW this robot goes through the house on its own, disappearing dirt!

Dinner - found I only had very small, street taco size tortillas, so enchiladas will be tonight. We did bbq pulledchicken on a croissant roll with finely shredded swiss cheese. Quite tasty.

Mary - love GDP3 it is beautiful! Glad your sister arrived safely.

Tina - sorry for Easton being sick. Chillin at Grandma's is a good thing.

Vel - let the count down begin! Be very picky on the punch list items! Look carefully at the cabinet doors, so they are all similar in color. Some of mine were quite different in shades of color and they f8xed that. I still have, after nine plus years, a screw missing in my bathroom light switch. I keep forgetting to get Michael to get one from his stash.

Well, Michael is back now. Going in a model railroad store is like us in LQS,

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”