Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club. Saturday june 19

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club. Saturday june 19

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:07 am

Good morning

We will be 93° today. Considering we were 63° and rainy this time last week this is a huge change to adjust to. Don’t know how you all live in such hot climates. It’s going to be a sun hat day for sure

Our friends rolled in about 3:30 PM yesterday, though they weren’t set up until 5:30. They would have been earlier they said but they came to a tunnel going over the pass. This is their first long trip in their new trailer and they weren’t sure how tall they were so they pulled over, called the trailer factory to find out. They fit, but he was nervous driving through the center of that tunnel. Even with that delay they were in plenty of time for supper.

As long as we are in Wine country, and parked practically next-door to two of our club wineries, we will do some tasting today. Thurston Wolfe And 14 Hands. 14 Hands is sold worldwide so some of you may have heard of it. This is wild horse country which is how it got its name. The life-size metal sculptures of running horses at their winery is worth the visit even if you don't drink wine.

Lori, I like the idea of the garden club display. Would love to see that

Jana, yay for no more dust! Though the truth is, you will probably still be seeing it for sometime. I’m guessing it is very fine like silt. Do you cover your machine when you aren’t using it?

Tina, sounds like your day was a fun break from painting.

I have no clue about supper. We have leftover everything - burgers, watermelon, coleslaw. But only enough for us. I haven’t heard any plans of a group supper and I’m not making any. Lol!

What’s your supper plan?

auntjana

Re: Supper Club. Saturday june 19

Post by auntjana » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:12 am

Good morning!

Another beautiful day here, but hot. Being up higher in elevation I am a tad cooler than the valley floor. We even have a small chance of a thunderstorm. Only want it with the rain. A dry lightning storm in our tinder dry condition would not be good.

Dinner - another round of the Korean BBQ. It was very good. Needs more sauce, but I figured that out last night how to accomplish that.

Mary - dinner sounded like it wasn't to late. Good thing to check the height limits. Keeps Aaron out of work!

Yes, that dust is very silt like. The tiles are made from basalt rock, spun like they make rock wool insulation. It adds a layer of a fire barrier to the upstairs floor. Michael is being a great help in cleaning this up. He has ulterior motives, dust is a model railroad killer. Wrecks engines and track switches. So he is for getting rid of it!

Time to go 0lay, uglies are done.

Hugs,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:53 pm

Hi everyone!
I thought I posted this morning.... guess that's when I was going outside to paint LOL
I've got the second coat of paint on after the 2 coats of kilz 2. We're 103° right now and just got back with the other 2 sheets of corrugated metal that will finish the porch off. I'm figuring to get the rest of it to finish the front of the house the first Saturday in July. I know I'm slow but I'm trying to make sure this doesn't need to be done again anytime soon. Hopefully next time we'll be able to pay someone to do it, maybe even a job for grandsons when they're teenagers 😂🤣 Easton says he'll do it!
Mary, so glad they got there early. You talking about Tex driving through and all reminded me of our trip with Dad in 2018..... wish he was cautious like your friend!
Jana, silt, yuck! That's how are dust is, I can't keep it cleaned up..... it drives me crazy-er.
Dad's coming for supper, we're having burgers on the grill and a salad. Easton is here too and staying the night.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:00 pm

Well I think the Quilt's in the Garden show was a success. I've been working that siNce this morning at 0800. Time to put my feet up an relax. I have no idea what's for dinner.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”