Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club. Thursday, June 17

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club. Thursday, June 17

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:01 am

Good morning

I don’t have Internet but I do have cell phone so I am here but this will be short.

We’ve had a very fun trip. Lots of relaxing, reading, cross stitching. I have my sewing machine with me but so far I’ve been just cutting out blocks for my GD3 quilt. We are in Our third Campground this trip. We moved around because reservations for longer than two or three days are really hard to get. Camping during Covid has become exceedingly popular so parks and campgrounds are full

Yesterday, After leaving Lake Curlew, 10 miles from the Canadian border, We saw two deer, two moose, and a bear. Then a flock of turkeys at the side of the road. All within 1/2 hour. I’ve never seen moose in Washington before. In Idaho panhandle but that was 150 miles east of where we were. Then we crossed Lake Roosevelt on a very long skinny lake made from one of the dams on the Columbia river. It was a tiny ferry. We were the only vehicle on it.

Now we are in Moses Lake, in the center of the state. We will be here one night and will have to leave again, moving to South East Washington

Bill has requested we grill steak tonight. I have two little steaks in the freezer and salad makings in the fridge.

What’s for dinner at your house?

gershwin64

Re: Supper Club. Thursday, June 17

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:45 am

Good morning!
Mary, I love hearing about your travel adventures! So many animals, so cool! The ferry sounds iffy to me LOL I'm not a fan of crossing water.
We've just been trying to stay cool here, 100° to 108° it's been a struggle just to keep us to 80° inside, every once in a while we can get it down to 78° inside..... not very cool temps to do much inside but I try, mostly things get done inside before noon.
Dad's coming for supper tonight, we're going out of town again to get the right tires out on the truck. Sunday they put the wrong tires on and didn't have the ones we ordered so they left the new wrong tires on and told us to go back today.
I think we'll just have a burger on the grill for supper maybe since I don't know what time we'll be back, our appointment is for 11 but sometimes a person sits there for 3 to 4 hours so I'm just playing it by ear.
We also have to exchange a water pump for our cooler that we bought Sunday and it didn't work at all and a sprinkler head that was the same; broken out of the box.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:08 am

Good morning!

We are cooler and more like normal temps. Dinner will probably be out getting something to bring home. A new section of highway by me is opening today. That is our fun adventures! LOL! It makes it easier to get around this huge valley, especially here on the west side. When this road is connected to I-80, UHP and Aaron's team, will start patrolling it. Currently the cities along the highway are doing that. A huge bunch of realignment will take place.

My handyman just got here, so let the work begin!

Washed a cotton rug from the family bathroom, but it gave the washer fits, so it would not drain and spin, so I hung the dripping wet rug out on my deck. Brought it in this morning and it is very crunchy! Popped it in the dryer, voile, now soft. Michael was looking at me strangely, putting a dry rug in a dryer, he now understands.

Time to goof off,
Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:43 am

Mary, sounds like you're have a good trip. A deer, a moose, a bear...OH MY. When we were in Cloud Croft New Mexico years ago, a beautiful deer crossed the road ahead of us. Seconds later a mountain lion. It was awesome. I sure hope the deer got away.

Tina, that is hot. Hope you get a little cooling soon. It's hot here, but not that hot. We do have humidity though.

Jana, sometimes men don't think outside the box like we do. Glad your rug softened up.

I'm off to my friendship group today. We'll be having teriyaki chicken and rice for dinner since I didn't cook it the other day.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”