Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday - Apr 13

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday - Apr 13

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:54 am

Good morning,

It's window day and a busy morning here. Last minute moving around of stuff. Then I made chocolate chip cookies for the crew. They'll have hot coffee, cookies, and ice water available.

Supper tonite is going to be the leftover chili relleno torte. Yesterday I said it was kind of like a quiche. Actually, it's more of a souffle. But Bill really likes it, and it's such an quick and easy recipe that I don't know why I don't make it more often. In case you'd like to try it I'll put the recipe below. I got it out of a novel.

CHILI RELLENO TORTE
from "Dying for Chocolate" by Diane Mott Davidson

1/2# shredded cheddar 1 2/3 c. half'n'half (I used milk)
1/2# shredded mont jack 4 oz can diced green chilies
5 eggs 1/4 c. picante or salsa
1/3 c. flour

Het oven to 375*. Mix cheeses an spread evenly in a 10" baking dish
Beat eggs. Slowly add flour, then cream (or milk)
Pour over cheeses. Spoon chilies and picante (or salsa) carefully over top
Bake ~45 min. 8-10 serv.

OPTIONS: Use mild, med, or hot salsa. I used mild but added 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes.
Top with more salsa, sour cream, chopped green onions, sliced olives, etc.

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday - Apr 13

Post by zfatcat » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:49 am

How exciting Mary. New windows. They will be beautiful.

Not much going on here . They boys have been walked. I should tidy up a bit and shower. DH is golfing so no dinner tonight. Just a late lunch.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:15 pm

Hello everyone sunny here at 83 I have been quilting Breaking needles which I never do
Yesterday I got another letter from the Hospital about the Bill that is going to drive me bonkers We paid it first bill I have got 7 bills since I mailed the copies of canceled check twice too I told them today all I know to do is sue for harassment I have never dealt with anyone like this It’s owned by a BIG corporation CEO makes 27.8 million a year
Sorry but I am ready to run in opposite direction
Ok on to better things I have been weeding too for a break
We have spaghetti and CA has his last BBQ
Becca
Maryz Hope it’s all straight by tomorrow
Lori Enjoy no cooking

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:13 pm

Good afternoon!

Budget is all up to date and the Utah taxes are mailed off, so that means they are paid! It is a royal hassle with our pension and the state income taxes. I have to do the withholding here in my accounts as the wonderful state of California will not deduct the amount because I live out of their state. So they try their very hardest to make it difficult, but we manage. Utah has a flat rate tax, so that makes it easier for us to estimate how much we need to save each month, to pay them at tax time. We so far have been ahead in estimating, a good thing!

Dinner - Sarah gave me two huge baking potatoes, so I will bake one and top it with all kinds of goodies, chicken, gravy, green onions, sour cream, bacon, cheese, whatever I can think of else.

After we got home from the PO, I am finishing up uglies. I am in the Batt Cave to play at the moment. Some of my sewing mojo has got up and went! I seem to be spinning circles in getting something done down here.

Tomorrow the lawn care company is coming out to look and give us a estimate for taking care of the lawn. The weeding, fertilizing, etc. We do the mowing. Sarah is still working up the plan for my yard. She has her plan for her yard done, but the sod farm is keeping her quite busy. It snowed on the farm last week, so she had to move some 2.5 million sq feet of sod for delivery to this week, instead of last week. Hard to cut sod with 7 inches of snow on the fields! Now, she is moving sod delivery again, they got more snow last night. Mother Nature can wreak havoc on sod cutting in the Spring.

Mary - fresh cookies and coffee - they will do a extra good bang up job for those! Although, here, it's fresh cookies and a glass of cold milk! LOL! Those windows will be so wonderful and quiet too!

Lori - when I lived in California, I planted lots of tulips in my yard. I would chill the bulbs in the bottom of my refrigerator for about three weeks, not the freezer, then plant them in the late fall. They always came up for me. Even the ones that I left in the ground for several seasons. Here, tulips and daffodils grow quite well, in spite of my brown thumb!

Becca - no fair - 83! I still am running the furnace and have a extra quilt for the bed, just in case. We have been below freezing for most of the week and barely above 40!

Aaron still has about 2 or 3 weeks left on the night shift. His trainee is at the finish line and doing well. Aaron has eagle eyes and always seems to be at the right place at the right time for helping. The other night, a car rolled about 4 times and it happened on the other side of the freeway from Aaron and the trainee. Aaron hopped the jersey barrier to start giving aid. When he got to the victim, it was a very tough situation, but Aaron held on to the guy until Fire arrived. Aaron had torn away the front windshield, but the door was very stuck. Fire was able to extricate the guy and rush him to the hospital. The guy did survive. Aaron almost had to call for the Life Flight helicopter, but Fire was able to quickly free the guy from the car, so the helicopter wasn't needed.

Well, I guess that this book is about done,
Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”