Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday, January 20

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Wednesday, January 20

Post by suzette58 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:51 pm

Good morning everyone.
I woke up this morning and took the dogs out. Boy is it windy and cold. Yesterday was an exciting day. I got the wedding quilt back from the quilter. The pattern she used to quilt it with is as close as it could be to the print I used in the quilt. I didn’t realize it till I was home and trimming it to sew on the binding. Today is sewing day with my friend across the highway. So I am going to hand sew the binding on while we visit. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Wednesday, January 20

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:30 am

Good Morning Suzanne and all who follows,

Today I will go in my sewing room and start cleaning. :lol:
Yesterday I went to the post office and mailed out the table runner I thought there wouldn't be anyone in there but there was a man who wouldn't stop talking for about 5 minuets i was getting a little mad so he had finally left Thank God.
Suzanne have fun with your friend so glad you like the quilting on your quilt.

Well thats all the news for today.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:29 am

Good morning

Suzette, I’m so glad The Quilting turned out so perfectly. Have an enjoyable day with your friend.

Lois, sorry the man was so chatty. Perhaps he hadn’t been out of his home for weeks or even months and was so happy to see another face he couldn’t bring himself to leave. Hope you get your room all cleaned up today so you can mess it up again tomorrow

We have our trailer all buttoned up now, ready for the next adventure which is not planned until March. I don’t really have a plan for the day. We did get a late notice from UPS store that we had a package in and I believe it’s the label Tina made for Kathy’s comfort quilt so this morning I will pick up the mail, sew on the label (if that is what is in the package waiting for me ) and take the quilt to the post office. I called Kathy Yesterday afternoon and we chatted for 10 minutes. I posted it in Yesterdays sew-in. And I managed not to blab about the surprise coming her way. 🙊

Piece!

Mary z

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:37 am

Good morning all :) We had another goat born Monday night. Its a biggie. I named her buttons. She is blk with white spots and has a cross shaped spot on her back right leg. I will upload a picture later of her im on my chrome book right now :) I got it restored after it crashed took me a bit but shes working again.

Nothing else new here. I gotta run and go feed while munchkins are sleeping.

Hugs prayers and happy stitching :)
🐐izzy

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:49 am

Good morning,,it snowed again and it is cold. we got maybe a half inch but everything is white and neat again, I will clean up and dust today as my friend (last years divorce) is stopping by, She is doing well as her ex has moved out of state, She and my sister are heading to Florida next week. in sis motor home. we would be going as well except for Ken's oral surgeon appt. We are talking about going for a couple of weeks after he is done with his tooth. if he is able...becasue the tooth has grown ino is jaw bone it might be a broken bone we are dealing with and not just an extraction. Praying it goes simply.
I have 2 more blocks and many other parts to do on the quilt but I will straighten up the sewing room today and run the sweeper. I need to wrap Rykers Birthday gift as he will be 5 ( can you believe it) on sunday,
I am happy that Kathy is doing better,,,maybe hearing from her friends is just the tonic she needed,
I need coffee to fuel the day,,,Spagetti for supper. My youngest son is supposed to dtop by and install a valve for us in the basement bathroom...it has slowed as new plumbing is complicated by old plumbing...he happens to have a special tool that Ken does not have,,,I will send him home with a sausage maker and a pasta maker I do not use,,,He is the family chef,,
well have a full bobbin,,,XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:14 am

Izzy, how many new babies do you have now? And how many more do you expect? Your new one sounds like a cutie. Your description of her made me think of a domino.

Judy, I kind of get chills when you talk about poor Ken and his upcoming dental surgery. Will they put him out for it? If it were me, you can bet they would have to! Glad your Son has the right tool for the job. You never know what surprises a chef might have in his toolbox!😸. I hope you get to go to Florida at least for a few weeks. It wouldn’t hurt to start planning now what projects you might want to take with you. You know, so you are prepared to go at the drop of a pin!

Chriss, The news had a segment about more fires in California. It never ends for y’all there does it. I hope you enjoyed your day off yesterday. Did you have any effects of your Highwinds at your place?

Not much has happened since my last post about 1/2 hour ago. But the cat crawled onto my lap so I am trapped, sitting on the couch with no one else to talk to but you. I am curious to see where my computer is today. Colorado yesterday. Delivery day is supposed to be tomorrow so unless it catches a plane, I don’t think it is going to make it

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:55 am

Good morning!

I keep getting my hopes up for some snow, but as per usual, they are wrong. Silly me!

I will be in the Batt Cave puttering around. Not much else here. Most things are caught up and I am so not watching news! Thinking about Spring and Summer projects.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:58 am

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Yes Chriss, the wind Monday night was horrendous. No trees down in my neighborhood but there were in other areas. Keep me awake with things blowing around (have no idea where the boxes that were on my porch are). Haven't actually looked in the backyard yet.

Had a busy day yesterday. Just when I thought my shift would end uneventually, I got a call to go to Sonoma to see a gentleman who had fell. Cute little guy. I asked him why I was there and he said, "to find out my birthday!" Maybe he is looking for a gift? Anyway, he is okay but family moving to a nursing home as he really needs 24 hr care.
Then on to Vacaville to see a post Covid patient. 2 months in the hospital, then some time in an acute rehab facility. Now he is home. Then my yearly female check with the doctor. Good news, she said if Pap and some virus test comes back negative I will not need to have anymore. I am past the age of higher risk. So getting older does have some advantages! Then to the office and then finally home. Got most of my charting done.

Today I see one hospice, then need to go to the bank, post office. Dad's brief supply came so they need to go to the shed. Then I will try to get a few sewing things accomplished. There is 2.5 hours left of my shift so who knows.

Glad to hear Kathy is doing better. I did get a card off yesterday. Have read through everyone's post but need to get a few things done before caregiver arrives. More coffee number 1!

Don't forget to get those UFO's done and posted. We are currently in a tie situation between Tina and Mary. First session ends April 30 so plenty of time. Tina won for first posted. Need to get going on mine!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:24 am

Valerie and Chriss, We've been windy down here as well. All day yesterday and still this morning. It's supposed to die down this afternoon.

Mary, I bet you are glad the trailer is done and ready for your next trip.

Glad to hear Kathy is doing better.

Judi, I hope Ken tooth issues is less than expected and you get to have part of your trip. Teeth problems are not fun.

Izzy, how fun, another baby goat. I bet they are just adorable.

Suzette, have fun sewing with your friend.

Lois, breathe. Your retired.

I was having my coffee and turned on the news, and every channel is the Inauguration. Why does it have to be on every channel? So I turned it off an came to check out the happenings of the day here.

I got another embroidery block traced for my Vintage Tin quilt. So I will be working on that a bit. I have 3 blocks embroidered so far. It's very relaxing. I need to run the vacuum and then see what I can get into.

Have a great day.
Lori 8-)

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:47 am

Good Morning Girls

Oh this will be interesting... Trying to type with a big band aid on my middle finger of left hand... In all the years I've been using a rotary cutter, I've nicked myself a few times, but yesterday I did it really GOOD. I was trimming a 2.5" HST and must have thought it was 4.5" and the blade went right into the top of my finger and made a really nice slice at the very tip and right through my finger nail. Hurt like the dickens.... good thing I keep band aids in sewing table drawers... Went out to pick up my mail this morning and fell on my driveway--it's a little icier than I thought I guess... so the cut popped open.. hence a new band aid. I'm taking it as a sign that I really shouldn't go out today after all.

SO, for now I'll just say HI and later on when I can take the band aid off to type... I'll come back and chat.. At the rate I'm going now, it will take me all day to chat and check all my typos...

See you later

Return to “Sew ins”