Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

tuesday January 19

Daily discussions.
carole

Re: tuesday January 19

Post by carole » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:01 am

Good Morning from AZ, We are having rain and we don't get rain very often. In fact, i can't remember when we did have rain last. Supposedly we have a chance of having rain all week. Reminds me of snow days in N. J. and Michigan. lol

Not much new here. I finished repairing my grandson's first quilt I made him in 2002. The family dog got hold of it and ripped the border apart. So I took the border off and all the quilting on the border and replaced it. Now to get a new label on it, noting the repair of the dog attack. I need to get it in the mail to him. Of course, he is all grown now, but was so upset that I just had to fix it for him. He wants to someday have a son of his to be able to use it, Yes, that worked on me, how could I just make him a new one. He lives in North Carolina working on his PHD in electrical engineering. (following in his grandfather's shoes).Yes, I also am married to a engineer. Maybe we should start a club. His wife is in Medical School. She wants to be an e.r. doctor. What a life those two will have. He has turned into a wonderful man and his father missed out of a relationship with him and his 3 siblings.

Well I have to get going, need to cut the threads on the embroidered label. Have a great deal.

Carole

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:14 am

Carole - oh yes, we wives of engineers need to stick together! I not only am married to one, I have a son, a nephew, and a SIL who are engineers too. Engineers are a completely different being!

carole

Post by carole » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:38 pm

OMG you have a lot of engineers in your family. I don't know if I should feel sorry for you or stand in awe of you. lol I agree they are a whole different breed. But I can assure you when they hang pictures on a wall it is centered and perfect. It drives my DH crazy when I hang my own pictures or wall hangings with a push pin and eye it. lol Have a wonderful day.

Carole

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:12 pm

Carole, so happy to hear that your grandson is doing so well. Hardly seems possible that he is already on his way to such a career, that he’s happily married and doing so well. How are the other kids doing and of course, your daughter? So happy you are getting rain! And so happy we aren’t!

I called Kathy this afternoon. She was having PT so I called back later. She sounded pretty good though a little tired. Was very proud that she had walked 43 steps! Only a week ago she could barely sit up in a chair. She says she is feeling much better emotionally and physically. The people there are very nice. She finally got a roommate just today. The food is awful but her DD sending some treats via Amazon. She really and truly appreciates all the love, support, cards, and phone calls from everybody here. She asked me to tell you all hello and thank you!

Mary z

Return to “Sew ins”