Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper club - Tues Jan 19

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper club - Tues Jan 19

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:12 am

Good morning,

40° and cloudy this morning. I can live with that. I finished cleaning the inside of the trailer. Today I will make the bed, mop the floor, and shut the door. I got a small 62 x 62“ quilt top quilted That I plan to bind today. You might remember last summer I took all of my orphan blocks, FG’s, 4P’s, etc and put them together. I ended up with six throw-sized tops. I finished three and donated them to a local nursing home for Christmas. I have two more to Quilt/bind. These will also go for donations.

Bill went online yesterday and was able to get an appointment for my Covid vaccination - march 17. He gets his February 20. 🤞

Tina, I have seen your stash though not for a couple years. You have a respectable, reasonable stash. it’s not too much for a serious Quilter, trust me.

Lori, you figured me out! Yes, I am a sucker for a furry face. They run my life. And I let them. Sigh. And you are right – one day Vicki will notice those pallets are no longer there. Not sure what kind of ruckus she will raise then. It would be a real turn-about if she called the cops on us! But she would have to come onto our property and snoop around to find them which is a violation of the anti-harassment order. And she seems to be respecting that pretty rigidly.

Becca, I’m glad you have the bank to back you up! Medical bills can be so confusing. And you have a right to have them itemized which they don’t usually do anymore. Hospitals can (and should) give you an itemization right down to the last Band-Aid. Sometimes you find they are charging you for items, services, rooms, etc., you never received.

Jana, do you have a date yet when you might get your floor laid? I hope it is soon so you can settle in and get on with the business of quilting. We decided while we were on the road a few weeks ago that we are going to have the carpet removed from our staircase, and go with wooden treads and a runner. And that we are going to redo our upstairs bathroom completely at the same time – floor, fixtures, vanity, and paint. I wonder if Bill will remember we made these decisions. We were relaxing (🍷🍷) after a long drive😹. We have no timeframe.

I got a text from chickie. As you know she has a very difficult time typing these days with painful hands. But she is able to do some sewing and recently started a gypsy wife quilt for herself, all in blues. It should be pretty.

We ended up having more of that Brunswick stew last night for dinner. It’s really more of a hearty soup running heavily to tomatoes. It was good but the recipe made so much! We’ve had two suppers, one lunch, and now two containers in the freezer. I am ready for a change of pace so tonight will be homemade pepperoni pizza and salad I had planned for last night.

Have you got your menu planned for tonight?

gershwin64

Re: Supper club - Tues Jan 19

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:11 am

Good morning!
Kids will be here in a little bit.
Mary, your redo of your stairs and bathroom sounds like a big project to me, will you be having someone do it or you and Bill?
LOL I don't feel it's a respectable amount of stash 😂🤣😂🤣 maybe after it's all organized and put back it'll make me feel better 🤷‍♀️ I know it's going to take a long time though because somebody isn't helping me take it out, he just shakes his head 🤷‍♀️ and I'm sewing and quilting at the same time LOL I'm just doing it in spurts because it gets me down in my back too.
I'm trying a new chicken recipe tonight from Taste of Home, might be rice or potatoes and a veggie with it..... I'll reread the recipe to decide what'll go with it best.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:28 am

Hello everyone sunny here
It’s been a morning of laundry & doing paperwork and getting everything organized for my town trip in the morning
I have a lot to take care of
Maryz On the medical bill it was paid first of November We used to have a good Hospital until it was sold now it’s the pits Staff is 150 percent but owners are the problem
That sounds like big redo A bathroom makeover is a big project
Tina I am sure you will get the stash all organized My back today is giving me fits
Hope yours is doing better
I don’t know yet on meal we have some chicken left I will add some veggie & salad
Becca

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:16 am

Good morning! It’s a quick drop in before I go walk Choc and Ava. We are warmer than we were Friday when I walked. Yesterday was in low 40s with a 30-something wind chill. Today is similar. It was chilly when I fed the birds and took Covid’s feed out to his feed box. He comes back to the yard a couple of times a day and hunts for his sweet feed. He’s getting to be a big boy! I’m dreading when the time will come to say goodbye to him, but I’m sure there will be more bovine babies.

Meanwhile… yes, I made the first block for Gypsy Wife a/k/a Blue Bayou, and I love it! I decided yesterday that maybe I should take the baby quilt that’s on my design wall and get it quilted. I’m going to have another to make whenever they have the reveal. In between I’ll make Blue Bayou blocks.

Not a lot is going on here. Still waiting on vaccines and trying to avoid getting sick. So many in our circle have had it.

Dinner tonight will be meatloaf from the freezer, asparagus for DH, Brussels sprouts for me, cottage cheese, and there’s a piece of cake for DH. Tomorrow night I’ll have to cook…

Sorry this is abbreviated. Boomer and Odie think it’s time to get walking, and they rule the house here. Bon appétit!

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:42 am

Good afternoon from sunny, but cold, SW. Pa....We even had a little more snow over night and expect more tomorrow....And to think, I was scheduled to be in Florida this week! That reservation has been moved at least 3 times and now is scheduled for the middle of Feb. I had talked to Kathy and we're trying to coordinate our travels that we might meet up at the airport and avoid making trips back and forth...If it happens, it would be a miracle, lol.....

Mary, Wow, how lucky can a person be to get their shot on 3/17???I've been trying but our state doesn't have a very good supply yet so we wait....You do know, sometimes when hubbys are relaxing, they really don't hear everything that is said...Many, many times, Jim agreed on things that way but he usually ended up going along with my ideas....Your project does sound like a big job but also sounds super nice...I love to hear about remodels and of course, we will need pictures....You certainly are right about furry friends ruling the house...I only have one but she is boss...Now, she's gotten into the habit of trying to take over my favorite chair...She always sat on my lap but now, she wants the whole chair and will get her body between me and the arm and actually push me away...And of course, I get up and move....

Chickie, happy to hear from you but sorry to hear your hands are hurting....Your Blue Bayou sounds gorgeous...And you sure are busy with those baby quilts.....I was wondering about Covid, if you still had him...I had decided years ago, I could never live on a farm again...I got too attached to the animals and it broke my heart when they left....Just couldn't take it!

Becca, I know what you're going through with the medical bills and mistakes....You really have to be on top of it and I've often wondered, with all the computers etc. now, how can so many mistakes be made....I was constantly calling about Jim's bills and having things corrected....

Tina, I'm sure you'll feel better about your stash once you get things organized...You might find, you don't have enough and have to go shopping, lol....I really like Taste of Home magazine and have gotten lots of recipes from it...Let us know how this one turns out......

Today is kind of a "do a little of this and a little of that" kind of day...And in the end, nothing special gets done..... I really haven't been doing too much to make a mess so usually, it's an easy clean up...Foot is coming along pretty well, using my cane less...Will see the doctor next week and then look out! Every once in awhile, I get hit with a spell of depression and then I have to have a talk with myself...I'm really, really blessed.......

For my dinner, DGS, Dan, had gotten me meals from Hello Fresh, so tonight it will be either, Shepard's Pie or a Pasta dinner....What's nice, each meal is enough for 2 meals for me, sometimes 3 and the food is delish.....

You all have a great rest of the day.....

Happy eating.............

Eagle Update: We are on PIP watch at the Ft. Myers nest...There could be a hatch any day, soon, I hope....Almost every night, there is a nasty owl that will fly into M-15 and knock him off his branch...Just hoping and praying that when there is a hatch, the owl doesn't try to get at the babies......

Return to “Chit Chat”