Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

tuesday January 19

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

tuesday January 19

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:48 am

good morning, no plans today, might have to do a bit of laundry,,,and I will head to the sewing machine and finsh the blocks,, then the other components of the quilt need to be made,,,it has a lot of pieces...
Basement is coming along...We have pipes to move and heating water pipes to move...that is kens dept but our youngest son will stop by and help tomorrow. hope you all get to sew some today XXXXXXXXOOOOOOO

Becca

Re: tuesday January 19

Post by Becca » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:18 am

Good morning everyone sunny here after a cold day yesterday
Judi Nice that your DS can help with remodeling
Valerie Your day was 3 days long Hope Dad is improving
I have laundry going I got up late Tomorrow’s list of errands is very long I hate when I have so much to do on one trip but that’s life
Have a great day everyone Becca

kenderosa

Post by kenderosa » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:44 am

Good Morning Quilters~

Another beautiful morning here, was 70* yesterday and supposed to be 72* today. :D

I was in Home Depot looking for a flag pole holder, (DGK's think we need to display the two University flags they attend! ) Good thing I have plenty of space to do this along the garage side of the house. It's a big deal here. Anyway, Home Depot is selling vegetable starts for the garden! Wow Spring is on it's way!

I got on a roll this past weekend and decided that all the ceiling fans in the house are ugly and need to be replaced. There are 8. LOL Ordered new ones from the Hunter Fan website..... DH will install when they arrive. Will need to get some extending poles as a couple go on high ceilings. Always something around here.

In the middle of the night I decided to cut fabric for another quilt. Bonnie Hunters "Hunters Star." It's a two color and I am using Red and Neutrals. String pieced along with many HST's. I use my ole Singer from High School to do my paper foundation strings. That thing is a work horse and paper fibers don't seem to bother it. My Bernina is a bit more fussy! Is anyone else doing Bonnies patterns at the moment? I know Suzette used to and Valerie?

Prayers for Kathy! I sent her a card... hope she gets it. The mail is something else these days!

The coffee is calling me so need to run.

Blessings to all
Sue

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:50 am

Good morning Ladies,
Yesterday was good I got my haircut we had a short visit and they left they were running a couple of errands on the way home next time I will go to them.
Today all that was planed was 2 loads of wash and they are both finished.
Judi great that you have the help Ken has taught them well.
Becca I know what you mean about all the stops in 1 day.
Its nice out so I think I might get out for a bit.

Well there is no more to report.
Everyone have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:01 am

Morning
Bad news. Contractor took our money and said he isn't coming and will try to get our money back. Now we don't have money to pay another. Joe will go to sheriff department and file charges. I don't understand how people can do this.
Flo

velvet

Post by velvet » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:20 am

Good sunny morning from Myrtle Beach!!
Flo- so sorry to hear about the contractor. They sleep very very well, unfortunately. I don't know how this trash can look in a mirror.

Anyone with the latest on Kathy? I can't drive right now because of my foot but I sent get well cards to her. Horrible to be alone in a hospital setting.

Stitches out tomorrow (if dr say okay) Sewed for about 10 minutes yesterday, felt good. I think I felt Miss Cutie hug me. LOL

Catch up later. Have a great day and prayers for those in need.
Diane

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:08 am

Good Morning Girls

Bet you are surprised to see me this early... it's 0845 here as I type. Was awake at 0700 just like I planned... HVAC guys are coming this morning to check my furnace--it's an annual service they do, so I thought I better be up showered and dressed when they get here about 10:00

Judi.... Yikes.. that basement is really quite a project.. moving pipes and everything! It's great that Ken is so handy and your DS is close by to help!

Becca.... I so hear you about running errands... and having a long list. Though it's great to have them done... making every trip out count! I was going to do that today myself, but it's snowing... so maybe I'll wait until tomorrow.

Sue.... HD has veggie plants already???? Probably not up here in MN though :lol: :roll: Though I am really looking forward to getting tomato plants again this year. What town are you in now? You must be near Cindy. Isn't it funny what pops in your head in the middle of the night!

Lois.... Did you see the new Gnome patterns from Sindy? Aren't they cute! I think I'm going to make a little wall hanging out of them instead of mug rugs! I haven't been on FB much lately, but I did see your penguin and snowman quilts! LOVE them! Maybe this year I'll do the penguins as I have the snowman done already.

Flo...l Oh NO I'm so sorry your contractor stiffed you! I hope you can get your money back.

Diane..... Hope all goes well tomorrow and those stitches can come out! Do you have to wear one of those boots on your foot? Even 10 minutes of sewing can sure help the endorphins right? I think Chriss spoke to Kathy, so perhaps she has some new news.

Maryz.... I beat you here? Hope Bill remembers that little projects you are going to do this spring... If not, just give him some more wine, bring it up and then record the conversation on your phone!

Yes, I planned on getting out of the house today, a quick run to Joann and maybe dash into WM for printer ink... but since it is snowing and we're set to get a couple inches.. think I'll just hunker down today.. Supposed to warm up to 36 tomorrow and perhaps the sun will shine and the roads will be better. In the meantime, I'll work on a new little quilt I started... and perhaps get a UFO pinned today--my least favorite part of the whole process.

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:22 am

Good morning!

So sorry to hear of contractor woes. We have such a good one here that we use.

Not much going on here. A few uglies. We got all the Christmas totes put back in their places. It is like playing the old game, Tetris. Michael even has a picture so he can get them in the right place, so they all fit. I am now thinking of rearranging some furniture too.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:52 am

Good morning. Wind is crazy here. Trees are down and power is out

Gave a Kathy up date on yesterday’s thread

Take care
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:16 am

Good late morning!

I was here three hours ago but our Internet was not. It’s acting screwball this morning and Bill is holding with Comcast, 10th in line. He has checked all of his equipment and he says we are good, it’s them.

Mary Q – so I was here! And I thought about texting you but figured you were still sleeping. Good call to stay home on a snowy day. Too funny about your FaceTime yesterday. Judy and I accidentally did that once. I was fresh out of bed with wild hair and coffee stained bathrobe! 🤣

Chris, you were having a windstorm?! Having just gone through one I can have a little empathy. I hope you aren’t in any danger of trees falling. What a great update you gave on Kathy! I was wondering if you could fix Marilyn‘s old room up for your office since it looks like it will be pretty long-term.

SHARONA, prayers for your family. Wonder what’s going on with the DGS. Don’t you have a son with heart issues as well?

Sherri – please pass the Chex Mix!! As snacks go, it’s better than most!

Katie, so just how long is your hair? You and Valerie should have a contest!

Jana, I second that warning about appliances purchased at Walmart! We have been burned there, too! Glad you have your Christmas explosion All put away.

Izzy, love your baby goats! And your poor DH! You guys should probably have a chiropractor on retainer!

SUE - 70° and baby plants! It is good to be you. Probably not so good to be Kenn when you lay awake at night and decide you want him to install 8 new fans! LOL! I like Bonnie Hunter’s quilts but I have only done one. Winter or summer solstice, can’t remember which.

Becca, I hate running errands, too. One or two is fine and then I just go home. Bill is much better at it than I am

Diane, glad you were able to sew for a few minutes! Maybe today you can do 15 minutes. 🤞

Flo, I am so sorry your contractor skipped with your money. Sadly, this is all too common. Did you check his references before hiring him?

Lois, glad you m got your haircut. Guess you won’t be in the longhair contest. I won’t either but it’s a lot longer than I like. I don’t know if salons are even open in our state right now.

Judy, hooray for having skilled kids with a willingness to help!

I am still dictating this on my phone. So names are misspelled and probably a lot of other things too. Sorry about that. Yesterday my computer was in Fort Worth. Today it has gone to Colorado! I think it is taking the same route home that we did! Or maybe it’s just trying to escape.

I am still doing laundry. Bedding and rugs now. Ready to vacuum, mop, make bed, and shut the trailer door. I did find time yesterday to quilt a small 62 in.² quilt top made from orphan blocks/parts/pieces/units. I made six of these tops last summer and this is the fourth one. Two left to go. So today I might do another one or I might do a binding or I might work on my embroidered state birds. But I will do something with Fabric!

Everyone take care and stay safe.

Mary Z

Valerie, what a night you had!

Return to “Sew ins”