Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday January 18, 2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Monday January 18, 2021

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:51 am

Good Morning Everyone,
Happy Monday yesterday I finished my table runner and tomorrow it will be in the mail to my niece I put a border around it I will go and buy some Hershey kisses to go along with it.
Today Sandi is coming for a visit along with Olivia and Virgil Olivia will give me a very much needed haircut :D .

Well thats all the news for now I hope you all enjoy your day prayers go out to all.
Lois

suzette58

Re: Monday January 18, 2021

Post by suzette58 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:10 am

Good morning Lois and those who follow.
I woke up this morning and it had snowed some during the night. Then I looked out the window about an hour later and we were getting dumped on with more snow. Yesterday I was quilting the dog quilt and my Pfaff sewing machine started acting up. First my iron goes then my machine I quilt with. I put 2 different bobbins in, re-threaded the machine. So I turned it off and came upstairs. Later I went back downstairs and guess what was working? This machine is really temperamental. Geeezz. Later today I will go and work more on the quilting. Hopefully. Well, I need to decide what is for breakfast. I hope everyone has a great day.

Lois - I am sure you will feel great after your haircut. When I get mine done it feels so good.
Suzette

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:36 am

Good Morning,,,life goes on here. we had a little snow last night, but we live near the DPW yard so we get our roads cleared and salted first and the school busses run here, so they need to keep the roads clear.
Today I will run to the store for a few things, milk being one...I go to the farm store for the milk right from the farm..in glass bottles...my kids think we are crazy but it tastes so much better, like when we were kids.
I am about half done with blocks on my quilt,,,it will be assembly time soon...
We loaded a trailer full of maple logs for firewood and we have anothe 2 to go...one load will go to tje mill to be sawn into planks for Kens wood working projects...free is good...maple burns well in the fireplace too.
well I need to get coffee and see what I need for supper....pot roast is the plan. I took it out of the freezer yesterday but we opted for chinese with my sister. so it is what for supper.
Have a great day...XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:40 am

Good morning

Lois, I know your niece will love the table runner and the extra kisses you tucked in with it will add a special touch

Suzette, snow! Time for a walk in the flakes! Sometimes my machine acts garbled, too. I turn it off wait a couple minutes and turn it back on and it’s magically fixed! Sometimes.

Izzy, how are all the baby goats? Now you need a bunch more names!

Joan, so sorry the FB Heck happened to you. What a mess! But thank you for letting us all know. I was able to unfriend you. But it did seem an unfriendly thing to do. Took me a while to figure it out. Actually DH did. While I was at it I went through my friend list and deleted many more names that I didn’t need on there anymore. I am so rarely on FB that I probably should simply delete my entire account.

Judi, that’s a lot of wood! My brother Albert had a small freestanding mill in his yard and could nail up some boards. All the trim on the lower level of the house was mailed by Albert ❤️ How do you load the logs onto your trailer? Is there a tractor? We didn’t split any But we had our tractor, “Scout”, out so as long as we did, we brought a few bucket loads into the Bin in the garage.

Yesterday was busy here. From many years ago Vicki had A half dozen large plastic pallets that belong to us. We let her stack wood on them. Eventually the wood was gone and her Huntington’s disease took over. She dragged those heavy pallets to the end of her driveway, nearly 1/10 of a mile, and stacked them in the woods. We’ve never gotten them because we knew it would upset her. But now we need them for something so her son took her out for coffee yesterday while we used our tractor to haul them home. We texted him when we were done and when he drove her home he distracted her at the driveway so she never noticed. Yet.

We also got our trailer parked, mostly emptied, and 70% cleaned. Yay! About noon Bill’s sister and brother-in-law stopped by to visit. We haven’t seen them for a year and a half because of Covid. They live close to the coast, 80 miles away. They brought a dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts and Lord help us, we ate them all! I haven’t eaten a donut in years! They were so good. And now I have confessed my sins!

Today, I plan to finish cleaning the trailer And wash the bedding. Then I will start cleaning the mess we make in the house when emptying the trailer. And I might reward myself with a little time in my sewing room.

Yesterday my computer was in Fort Worth. It has taken almost week to go from Mission, Texas to Fort Worth by Fed Ex truck - 500 miles. It has another 2300 miles to go in the next three days if it’s going to make it by their promised delivery date of Jan 21.

Y’all have a Marvy Monday!

Mary Z

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:02 am

Good morning!

It's the warm before the storm. It will snow sometime today. We need it.

I emptied the drawers in my island cabinets yesterday, so they are ready to be turned upside down, removing the casters, then back right side up, ready to be permanently hooked together on a base for my island. I have one that will become my ironing station, so it stays mobile. I will need to build another cabinet for the island and the preliminary work is done. Sarah will be getting some flooring samples for us today. She will use a scrap piece from the Batt Cave bathroom to match as close as we can. Michael has agreed, whoo hoo, that we can floor the entire space, from the sewing area, the family area and my LA area. That area is one long area, all open to each other. It is the entire length of the basement, and a little over a third of the width, about 800 sq feet. The other 1200 sq feet, is the model railroad, which really doesn't need floor covering. So my sewing area will be disrupted for a time, but I will move onto a temporary table to still sew a bit. Laying the flooring will be easy, as there are no fussy cutting around things, just straight runs. My basement is open concept, with no walls, except the perimeter foundation.

No much else here, still starting Spring cleaning.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:10 am

Good morning everyone sun is trying to come up We had more snow last night too About an inch or 2
It’s quilting at Church but I won’t go out in
This
Kathy wanted me to say Hello to everyone & she misses us
Hope everyone has a wonderful day
Becca

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:21 am

Good morning, it's going to be a beautiful day.

This weekend the weather almost reached the 70's. we had the house opened up, it was beautiful.

Lois, enjoy your day with the kids, it will be good to see them and to get that hair cut. I'm not sure when I had my last hair cut but it's driving me nuts. things are still closed here.

Suzette, I would love to see snow, not in my yard but maybe across the road. Hope you find the perfect iron. I have gone through two Rowenta's, so not worth the money. I'm using a shark now. the best iron I ever owned was a Hamilton Beach. I just look for one within my price range with the most watts.

Flo, sure hope those contractors show up. You really are on the downhill slope in finishing that house. Hopeing you have Easter dinner there.

Maryz, like those quilt hutches too. so pretty. Even a lawyers bookcase would be cool. I have seen both on sale on Facebook sale sites. Glad you got your trailer parked and your pallets. It's nice that Vicky's kids work with you. It must be frustrating for them to have the go ahead to help their mom but can't because of the shutdown. My next stop will be on Facebook to see if we are still friends. LOL. you can run but you can't hide.

Valerie, prayers for your dad, hope he is doing better. If they are emailing you about the vaccine you might check your junk mail. I found my Covid test results in my junk mail.

Velda, TV's are amazaing, if you have a smart tv and an internet connection you can bypass your laptop and just load the app on your tv. We were able to ditch Direct TV and go with Amazon Prime which has a zillion free tv channels.

Maryq, I am also gathering stuff for Kathy. I found a cute door knob hanger thing for Valentines day. I wonder if she likes hand sewing. I thought about sending some hexi's. I'ts hard to come up with ideas. I did find a little pair of scissors at the dollar store, they are quite nice and added a cross stitch kit.

Katy, hope your X is doing much better and that it all gets figured out. Might need to take him to a teaching university, perhaps a med student will figure it out.

Judi, a pot roast cooking makes the house smell so good. I think Jerry has a roast thawing, it sounds good.

Jana, that basement has a lot of space. It will be a beautiful place to play.

Becca, glad you called Kathy. She has a 3 hour time difference form me, I need to call her right when I get off work so that I don't call too late.

Sharona, come out, come out, wherever you are.

Hope you girls have a groovy day,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:52 am

Wow you all up n going this morning on west coast lol 😂

I was in barn every 2 to 3 hrs last night checking on kids. Here was momma this morning.
https://i.postimg.cc/8Pdmfz4C/871-A40-F ... -D5-E2.jpg

I’m still unsure on which link to post lol.
Gracie got her moms on she had such hard labor this was her first time too. Love her 🥰

So off today got to go to dr this afternoon our dr is retiring so setting up new one. Ugh

Dh went to work fell on black ice getting out of truck a driver going by saw it and turned around came back to help him up. Says feels like whiplash. Back hurts a lot too. Now on ice in lazyboy poor thing.

Gonna sew a little got binding on wool table piece to finish and will have first ufo of year done. Now 2743 more to go 🤪🤣🤣🤣

Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitching 🧵
🐐izzy

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:58 am

Chriss - my iron that quit on me is a Hamilton Beach. I ha e had good luck with them before. I haven’t really looked at anything online yet. We only have a Walmart here in town and it isn’t the best store.
Suzette

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:35 am

Don't buy Walmart appliances! Read an article awhile back and Walmart buys and sells QC seconds and rejects. QC - quality control. That's why they break quite often.

Return to “Sew ins”