Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper club, Sunday, January 17

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper club, Sunday, January 17

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:13 am

Good morning,

I slept in until 5 AM this morning! Even Scotty let me sleep. Now, when does daylight saving time start? In 8 weeks? And we will have to go back the other way! 😆

We finally decided to do our shopping yesterday. Costco, Freddys, and then putting it all away, packaging meat for freezer, washing vegetables. It was mid afternoon when I was finally done with all that so I just took my audiobook in front of the fire and sat and worked on my Crosstitch while I “read“. Most of our backyard lake is gone now so I believe we will be parking the trailer today. We have gradually brought in things over the last four days so not too much more to empty. But lots of cleaning to do. After spending three months in it I get a little over the top about the cleaning. I also have three quilt tops ready for Quilting Plus I have my embroidered state bird blocks out. Before We left for TX, I started sewing them together, on point, with an alternating solid blue block. I guess that’s my current project at the moment.

Tina, I think the moral of your story yesterday is to honor quitting time of 5 PM to avoid those rubbery legs. We love quiche at our house. I don’t make it often enough. I have one recipe, called chili Reno torte, that is really a quiche. I wonder if Frankie would like that.

Jana, thanks for the bread bowl recipe. I’ve written it down and one of these days I will get to it. Also thanks for the tip on the cabinet cleaner. We don’t have little hands but there are a lot of wet nose Prints here. Funny story about waffles. I don’t have a waffle iron and I’m too lazy to make them anyway. So we got a box of Eggo waffles at Costco to try. They are soft and rubbery and we didn’t care for them, so we left them in the freezer and told our housesitter to eat them, which he did. But then he replaced them! So now we still have rubbery waffles in our freezer! Lol!

Lori, your idea of sticking with dog time for feeding is good in theory. But at our house, they have already suckered me into giving them their 5 PM dinner at 3:30. And somehow, they seem to know by the “feel of the day“ or the position of the sun what time it is. They like going east but they rebel a coming back west! They were begging for supper at 1 PM in the afternoon! 😹

Becca, thanks for the cranberry salad recipe. I wrote it down and I think it would be a very good summer or holiday salad. I assume you are using fresh or frozen cranberries?

Since we went shopping, our supper became hamburgers and a big salad. Costco had frozen vegetarian
Burgers on sale. ( I guess we call them “plant-based“ now). I thought I would give them a try as I am not a big meat eater. And they were really good! Bill had a regular ground sirloin burger and he was happier with that. Tonight’s supper will be the Brunswick stew with leftover pork roast and chicken, veggies, tomatoes, and some barbecue sauce. It Will be going into the crockpot this morning. I have leftover cornbread in the freezer and we can add a salad with that.

And supper will be served!

gershwin64

Re: Supper club, Sunday, January 17

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:48 am

Good morning!
I'm on my way into my sewing room, I decided that's my top priority today.
Mary, I buy the Leggo homestyle waffles for the grands, they eat them every day here so I'm not making waffles everyday LOL I just toast them in the toaster on the frozen item setting twice or 1.5 times and they're crispy and not rubbery. Your story made me laugh though 😂🤣
My legs were a combination of sciatica and restless leg so ibuprofen helped with the sciatica and puttsing around with laundry helped with the RLS and the bath helped both and me to relax 😊
I'm not making any plans today except being in my room..... I'm sending myself to my room for time out from the world! Sounds like a great idea to me!
Not sure about supper because I'm in time out LOL
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:37 am

Hello everyone sunny here but cold & snow is still laying around
Maryz I use fresh now but I have bought them up at Thanksgiving and freeze them They work fine We always had it for Christmas and Thanksgiving It’s one way I can get fruit in CA too
I always make fresh waffles for the grands but CA will eat frozen too fresh is best

Tina You are funny about time out Do you know of anything to help Sciatic That is what is wrong with my back

I watched DGSs worship service this morning Then made our dinner We had pulled chicken BBQ steamed cabbage
Was tasty for a change
I plan to call Kathy this afternoon Hope I get her
Have a blessed day to all. Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:27 am

Tina, enjoy your timeout. You deserve it.

Mary, Jack will sit in front of me and just stare at me trying to get me to feed him. Mama doesn't cave to this behavior. I make him go lay down. He's such a good boy. I guess you should have put a not on the box not to replace. lol I only like fresh waffles. We have a Belgium waffle maker and they are quite delicious. Most of what I make is from scratch or fresh.

Becca, I buy up cranberries and freeze them. They are only fresh here for a couple months.

Just got back from the park with the boys. They are napping. I need to get a bite to eat and then decide what to do today.

For dinner I'm going to bbq some chicken, with mashed potatoes and broccoli.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:31 am

Becca, I wish I did know of something that would help sciatica. Chiropractor didn't help me. Massage did help quite a bit but haven't been able to go for a year now and I feel like I'm worse than when I started going.
I've got this bear panel quilt about 1/3 quilted so thought I better take a little tiny break.
I oopsed and sewed a little bit where I wasn't wanting to so thought I better take a break before going on.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:04 am

Tina, there are stretches that will help. When mine starts to act up, I immediately start doing the stretches. It usually knocks out the pain or reduces it in 24 hours. I wish I was better about stretching all the time. It's so good for you, but I'm just lazy.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:30 am

Good afternoon,

It was Stake Conference for our church today. It is where all the Wards in a small area gather. We have 10 Wards in my Stake, but with virus restrictions, it was broadcast via the internet today. It was a wonderful meeting.

Not much here. Dinner is clean out all the leftovers for a clean slate tomorrow. I am in the Batt Cave and I have a Tiffany style hanging light that is caked 8n dust. It is in the sewing area, so Michael has lowered it so I can clean it. Off I need to go,

Hugs,
Jana

toekeyotow

Post by toekeyotow » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:00 pm

Hi there, it's me Joan I posted over in sew in today it's on page 2 it's pretty long so if you read it I would appreciate it. My Facebook got hacked and I explain it over there. I'm trying to get to all that I am friends with to unfriend me. I will let everyone know when and if I open a new account. I can tell you it is a royal pain in the Arse when you get hacked.

Hope your all having a wonderful Sunday,
Joan

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:02 pm

Joan, I notice I got a friend request from you last week. I just deleted it because I knew it was a fake account.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”