Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper club. Thursday, Jan 14

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper club. Thursday, Jan 14

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:21 am

Good morning

Well our plans took another turn though not as big as some of the changes in the past few weeks. You may have heard about the big storm in our area. Part of that was what we drove through two days ago. But the upshot was the campground at the coast was flooded. We canceled that plan and came on home yesterday afternoon. We emptied all the perishable food from the trailer and called it a trip. Our friend Tex, took a picture of the campsite we would have been in. The electrical hook-up post was in a foot of water and we would have had to wade to get to the picnic table. didn’t sound good. So home we came and Tex decided to come home as well. He parked his trailer at his house, 7 miles away, and came over and got his old trailer out of our shelter. But our back yard is too flooded right now for us to maneuver our trailer around to back it in so it sits on the cement pad at the edge of our property. And, as expected, this made our sweet neighbor wild. She was yelling at us and beating on her window with flat palms, as if she were locked in and trying frantically to get out. Ahhh... it’s good to be home.

As usual, today will be emptying the trailer, laundry, and trying to reabsorb ourselves and our traveling stuff back into the house. Oh! And reassemble my sewing room. Our housesitter left our house spotless and cute notes all over. And a couple of small gifts. Our weather will be dry for a few days now so that is a blessing. Now if we could just get my computer home from IT’S trip everything would be hunky-dory.

Lori, I don’t know about you but when I clean drawers and cabinets I seem to put almost everything back. It’s just neater. I usually get rid of one or two small items.

Becca, you are doing a way better job at purging than I usually do. Though, to be fair to myself, the first year I did it I took carloads to thrift shops and Bill took a load to the dump. Now I do it every year so it’s not such a big deal.

Tina, you are either way too hot or way too cold there in New Mexico! I hope you solve your weighty problem in the sewing room.

Jana, such good news about Matt’s truck. I hope the warranty works for him. So? Did Ethan wrangle one more train day out of grandpa? How is poor Sarah? She has kind of beat herself up lately.

I’m considering options for supper. I found a pork tenderloin and two pork chops in the freezer. I have choices! I could pop them into the oven. I also have two potatoes I could bake. And lots of salad fixings. I will have to talk this over with the HOH. (he thinks that means Head of Household but we all know it’s really Hard of Hearing.) 🙉🤣

auntjana

Re: Supper club. Thursday, Jan 14

Post by auntjana » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:33 am

Good morning!

Woke up waaay to early this morning. Got cold, so added a blanket and fell back asleep. So while I was awake, figured out dinner for tonight. Broccoli cheese soup. I have some broccoli that needs to be used. May even make the bread bowls to go with it. I will make only a half batch of bread bowls.

Mary - good to be home! I really don't think all that water and electricity play well in the swimming pool! How nice to have such a good house sitter!

Sarah is doing much better. Her face looked like a Macy Parade balloon yesterday, until the meds took effect. She has been through a lot. She is already planning what seed and where things are going in the gardens this year. Hers and mine. Her happy place, that is unless she is in the new sewing room.

Ethan only succeeded in two days more. Michael is taking the track apart right now. Michael will store the complicated switch part intact, as it was the problem this year. The rest gets put into a tote for the year. Next Christmas, I will polish the brass track all over again. Each track section is about 12 inches long and stack on each other, so they aren't to cumbersome to store.

Headed to organize the Batt Cave and all the stuff Sarah brought down here.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:44 am

Hello everyone sunny here today
This was shot day pick up papers forCA at Dr then groceries and library
Always glad to get Home At least I don’t have Maryz neighbor yelling at me lol

Maryz Glad you are Home safe even if Vicky is yelling at you So much to put up I’m sure

Jana I knew Ethan would get another day I’m sure he loves it Hope Sarah is healing

Rosebud I’m concerned about you Sure hope you are improving Praying for you

Irish Hope you are mending nicely

I may rest for a few minutes Tired after all the running I’m doing pizza today We have only had 1 in a year Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:06 pm

Becca, sounds like you were doing a run around.

Mary, bummer about the coast. With Covid it's another excuse not to take Vicky away. I bet the inside of the house is a disaster. I do throw stuff away, but some how more stuff appears.

Jana, you knew Ethan would get his way. Glad Sarah is improving. She's had a tough time.

Hit the beach this morning. Our temps at home were in the 80's. 75 at the beach. Clear and beautiful.
Had a nice walk and enjoyed the salt air and roar of the waves crashing on the shore.

Dinner is a free for all tonight.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”