Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

UFO contest - post your UFO's here!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

Re: UFO contest - post your UFO's here!

Post by TeresaK » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:30 pm

Tina wonderful quilt for your Dad. Perfect colors and Love the fabrics :) :)

Mary - I have seen this quilt at Misourri Star Quilt Page and at one of the quilt shops in Bakersfield. I Love it!!!! Would be a great Lotto Block :) :)

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:26 am

Finished this one yesterday

Think I made all these blocks about 3 years ago, I think.. Took a whole layer cake of 42 squares and made a zillion blocks... should have paid closer attention to the directions :lol: So this blue version is done and the yellow version will probably be next. And I STILL have blocks left over!!!

Here is photo of the Walk about finished as well.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:38 am

Great job Mary! You are on a roll!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:38 pm

Those are beautiful Mary!
Tina

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:22 am

MaryQ, both are lovely. Is the first one from Missouri Star? I have fabric to do one and think it was called 'falling triangles '.

I'm happy to say that yesterday I got my design software loaded on the laptop, now with Windows 10 on it. Bernina has said it was questionable to put version 7 on W10. My geek guy tried last spring after he put 10 on and it wouldn't work. I loaded an older HASP driver and software downloaded and so far is working. It works with my embroidery part of machine. I need it for one of my UFO's.
Lyn

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:50 am

Awesome Mary. I got to finish quilting Christmas quilt on LA Tonight then load the next top I’m layering DH QUILT also to start hand quilting 🥰
🐐izzy

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:19 am

Here's another one done... though I won't call this a UFO for contest purposes :lol: Didn't really get the idea for it until last week.. You'll notice it's the same FG as the other one I posted... Well I had a bunch of geese left over and found the floral fabric is my stash... when I was actually looking for something else... you know how stuff just falls out of shelves? :lol: :lol:

So I've finally used up all those extra geese!

And yes Lyn that is "falling triangles" for MSQ.... I bet I have enough more blocks to make 2 lap quilts.... If you make one... don't use the WHOLE layer cake... or you'll have blocks coming out your ears!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:43 pm

Look at you Mary Q, cranking out those beautiful UFO's! I'm hoping to get binding done this weekend in 3!
Tina

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:48 pm

WOW Maryq look at you go!!!!! I thought those blocks were chevrons but you tell us FG! That's a lot sewing my friend. Your quilts look FABulous and they are all WOWsers. For some reason I totally missed your CHristmas quilt. I am in the one with the block that says Love Is... Ysabel made the block right under me with the mittens. How prescious were your instincts to put us together. She is dearly, dearly missed but we know she is dancing away in Heaven with a full sets of Lungs. Thank you my dear friend. It truly is a beautiful quilt as they all are.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:17 pm

Well I started emptying out my closet 😱 if there was a contest for the most UFO's or accumulated kits, FQ's, swap blocks, etc. I think I'd win hands down.....I am B-A-D! I have plenty to choose from this year that's for sure, I won't run out! 🤦‍♀️
I found at least 6 finished tips that need quilted too. I could have a sew-in invite at my house and nobody would need to bring anything! LOL
Breaks over!
Tina

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”