Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club. Wed, jan 13

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club. Wed, jan 13

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:59 am

Good morning,

What a rough travel day yesterday!! Dark, hard rain, high winds, lots of mountains, tons of trucks. We had to pull over for two hours, hoping wind would let up. Then we skated into fuel station on less than fumes! Was so glad to stop for the night!

Today should be better. At least we are through the mountains. Bad weather still at the coast but Bill wants to go anyway. At least it won’t be as bad as yesterday. I hope.

Tina I have a country table for my sewing machine. Bill cut a hole in it and made a well for the machine to sit down in. On my left I have a plastic Iris cart on wheels. It actually sits under the table like drawers in A desk but I can pull the cart out to rest quilts on when I need to. Is there anyway you can Change the orientation of your machine so you can do something like this?

Lori, my sweet dad got very ornery in his last few years. It didn’t come to him living with us but I know it never would have worked.

Jana, poor Sarah!! She goes from one thing to another, testing her angel’s limits! I hope she is better soon.

Becca, worried about your hubby. I hope he’s just going through a spell.

I texted Irish and she said she is hobbling around. Kevin was coming to take down her Christmas lights and store them away.

Tonight’s supper is going EASY. I froze leftover stroganoff from a meal I made back when we were shadowing my sis and Al home. I will make fresh noodles though and a salad.

gershwin64

Re: Supper Club. Wed, jan 13

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:51 am

Good morning!
16° again this morning! It's icy cold! Brrrrrrr 🥶
Mary, Frankie did that with my machine too, it's sitting down where the plate is flush with the table, I love it! For regular sewing it's great because I have room all around but when I'm putting binding on a king, queen or even a full size quilt it's a struggle for me to keep it from sliding off. I was thinking of moving my sewing machine and table its in to in front of the window but it just won't fit right. I'll just have to see if I can talk Frankie into making me a pop up table on that side so it will be folded down out of the way when I'm not doing a binding.
Your trip yesterday doesn't sound like any fun at all!
We went and got a pick up order at Walmart for Dad after supper, it was already too cold for me at 6:30 but we got it done. People don't realize how cold the desert floor really is! Frankie about froze to death in June one year when he worked for his cousin and they were doing custom harvesting, we're talking about 40 years ago. He said he about froze while driving a tractor, they worked all night and the temps were in the low 30's in June! The desert is not a forgiving place, it'll cook you in the day and freeze you at night.
I'm not sure yet about supper. I'll see what you all are having first 😊
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:30 am

Good morning!

Mary - oh what a day! Hope the fuel stop was downhill, just in case the fumes ran out! Hopefully by the time you get over to the ocean, that storm will be heading to me. Where are you cutting over to the coast?

Tina - yes, the desert gets cold! Add some elevation, like where I live and it is colder! That's why I got Aaron some of those fleece lined firehose pants for his time out on the freeways.

Matt got some good news, we hope. Turns out, his big truck that threw a rod in the engine is under warranty from the manufacturer. We sure hope that he will get reimbursed for some of the 15,000 the new engine cost. He is waiting to hear more.

Sarah is doing better now that the antibiotic is taking effect.

Ethan will be here after he is done with school. He talked Grandpa into just one more day before we put the train away. Any bets, he will try for another one day, this afternoon? LOL!

Heading down to the Batt Cave. Emma's dress awaits. It is also her 8th BD today. She is the last January BD. When we get to February, we will be done with half the family BD's. Then just 9ne a month, more normal!

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:31 am

Hello everyone sunny here now but was a very foggy start
Cleaning lady just left so it’s all shiny & clean
Maryz I’m thankful you made it without any major issues Not a pleasant way to travel for sure I don’t like wind when on the road especially with a camper
Enjoy the beach
CA is in the last stage of COPD & he is just worn out dealing with pain Etc for many years now Sad but that’s the way it is
Tina I hope you get your problem solved on the quilting It’s a hassle when you are wrestling a big quilt I know how I used to be getting mine on the frame to hand quilt
Never been in the desert so it’s all news to me I did know it gets cold at night & hot hot during the day
Jana Poor Sarah is catching it Hope it improves for her
Lori I understand where you are coming from Not an easy decision
I have been doing more cleaning of drawers jewelry box Bathroom cabinets
We have leftovers so no cooking unless I do cookies. Becca
Last edited by Becca on Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:50 am

Becca, I sure need to clean out some closets and drawers too. I just can't get into doing it.

Mary, sounds like a rough drive yesterday. I bet you'll be glad to stay put for a while.

Jana, I think another day of trains would be fun.

Tina, the weight of a quilt can be a challenge. I think we've all struggled with that.

For dinner I think we will have leftover chicken noodle soup and corn bread.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”