Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club - Saturday, January 9

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club - Saturday, January 9

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:53 am

Good morning

We are in Seligman Arizona at a KOA right next to train tracks. Love it! RV parks have devised ways to register campers with reservations without any human contact. And RVs are being spaced out away from each other. I love that people are being aware and careful

We have been revising our trip daily and as of last night decided Today’s run will be the longest yet, across the Mojave Desert and Tehachapi mountains into Bakersfield. Back to orange grove RV park. Maybe the oranges will be ripe this time! 🍊

Jana, many congratulations on those jeans! What an accomplishment! Yesterday I mentioned the long train we were pacing. It caught up with us when we stopped for fuel so we paced it a few more hours. Then it pulled over to the siding. We made camp later at the KOA and as we’re sitting out enjoying some sunshine in here came “our“ train! We definitely recognized it as the same one. We stopped in Williams for a few groceries And got a good look at the KOA you stayed at. We thought of staying there too, but wanted to make a few more miles.

Tina, what is the next project you loaded onto your machine?

Becca, I think you said Levi works for UPS. Does he handle packages? If so, I wonder if one of the packages had something in or on it that triggered of his attack.

Lori, I am not a dessert person either. I appreciate it’s beauty and enjoy driving through it from time to time but living here would never be for me. But when I was three years old my grandma moved to Scottsdale. She died six years later and is buried there. I am not completely positive the park we were in was in Yorba Linda but I thought it was. Last exit on a highway before toll started. We missed our exit and had to drive five more miles, pay a toll, exit get back on and drive back 5 miles and pay another toll. $22 in tolls because we missed our exit!

I’m trying to think what to have for supper tonight. It’s going to be a 400 mile day so we will be tired. I have leftover chicken enchiladas And Jardin Rice in the freezer so that might be the easiest thing.

What are you thinking about for supper?

gershwin64

Re: Supper Club - Saturday, January 9

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:41 am

Good morning!
Goodness Mary, 400 miles seems a long day to me, be careful ❤
The next quilt on Moxie is Jazmyne's quilt that she made and then that little bear panel kit I showed you all. By then I should have at least 1 Spiderman quilt ready to go on. I also have a UFO of a baby/ toddler quilt to finish and quilt.... these are my top projects for thre next little while..... it would be nice to get these finished by the end of January 🤞 but I'll just have to see how it goes 🤷‍♀️ I'm not going to stress it and take the fun out of it.
I think our supper tonight will be chicken with rice and I know we have salad.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:29 am

Hello everyone partly sunny and cold In30s
There is snow on all the mts around us
Maryz Yes Levi works at UpS & handles packages That’s why I said it would be impossible to know what caused it We talked to him yesterday and he said he is fine now He stayed Home 2 days
That is a long day
Tina You are making progress & that is what counts You don’t want it to be like a job just enjoy
Lori I am on 2 BP meds They cause that sometimes You never want to take them
Jana I’m happy for you & your new jeans That’s a huge accomplishment Yippee
I am sure you will do fine on your lesson
I got the laundry done CAs meds done FaceTimed with DGS for 1 hour Sounds like a broken record but that’s our Sat routine

We have soup leftovers & Beths bread so we are set The cranberry salad goes good with it. Becca
Rosebud I hope you are getting stronger Every day praying for you

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:02 am

Good morning!

Getting ready to pick up a few groceries - mostly needed milk. Then added a few goodies. I am in the mood for some bread pudding, so ordered a loaf of French bread to make some. I will cut it into serving size and freeze them for a breakfast treat.

Dinner - pizza with salad. My grocery store sells fresh pizza dough, unbaked, which is very good.

Mary - see, train watching and chasing is fun! LOL! That line is a well used rail line with lots of trains. When we went through Barstow, we wandered around the Santa Fe yard - it is a major yard with a "hump" to reclassify rail cars as to where they are going in the country. In those days, you could drive around in places like that, but no more. And then there is the famous Tehachapi loop - there train makes a complete circle and goes over itself on a bridge. Quite a site to see. There is a side road you can take to see it. There should be oranges - I see lots of orange recipes in the next few days!

Tina- you are mastering the LA quickly. I use those wheel locks to do the first row, attaching the top to the Batt and back. That way I stay within my binding area. A class I took on quilting with the LA taught us to practice by drawing on paper what we wanted to quilt. This was a feather class.

Becca - I like a routine! Makes life easier! Enjoy the snow!

Time to get our groceries.

Hugs,
Jana

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:40 am

Good morning. Thank you for all your prayers. I am getting stronger, but still having some issues with my heart racing and causing some chest pain when I get up to fix something to eat or go to the restroom, etc. Does anyone know how long it takes for insurance companies to make a decision about paying or not paying for disability? Work doesn't like me to come in when I am having these issues, which I understand and will abide by. However, if the insurance decision is disability time off is not warranted, I don't know what I will do since I have no PTO or vacation time available right now to cover the time off.

I am going to take advantage of the time off though, and work on getting some of my back logged UFO projects caught up. (Tina yours is #1.) I also have a new one to start. My DGD is planning a wedding for May, but I don't know the date yet. Hence the wedding quilt for her needs to be completed by April.

I'm thinking about making sausage, eggs, potatoes, and country gravy for supper. I'll decide for sure once I see how I feel when it is time to cook.

MaryZ-Hope the 400 mile trek today goes smoothly.

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Chit Chat”