Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club - Fri, Jan 8

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club - Fri, Jan 8

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:12 am

Good morning

20° here this morning, warmer than yesterday! A few more nights and we should hit warmer weather.

Our days have, thankfully, been pretty uneventful. Driving through mostly high Desert. More of that today. Though Flagstaff has a lot of tall pine trees and is quite pretty. If I lived in Arizona, it would have to be in Flagstaff. I gotta have my trees! 🌲🌳 I have been working on a Crosstitch that I started last September and I may finish it today in the truck! The only sewing I’ve been able to do since December 30.

Irish, Irish, Irish... what are we going to do with you? OUCH!! Too bad I’m not closer. I’ve got my nursing skills all polished up now! I do hope you’re not in too much pain and that you heal quickly.

Lori, about 10 years ago we stayed at a huge campground About 1/2 hr from Disneyland. I think it was Yorba Linda? All those towns in that area confuse me.

Becca, you I have a wide variety of taste in your reading. I am mainly a Mystery fan and nothing too intense anymore. But I always have a book going. I can’t fall asleep without reading at least a few paragraphs. And I usually have an audiobook going as well.

Tina happy belated birthday to your dad!

Rose bud, I’m so sorry to hear you’ve been sick. I do hope they can discover the problem. And that you can get temporary disability from Home Depot. Please keep your cell phone with you all the time in case you have a dizzy spell, fall, and need to call for help.

Jana, Are you almost ready with your class? And with the upheaval in your sewing room, have you Been able to do much sewing this past week? I think you I have a little dress to make, don’t you? We have been pacing a freight train for about 15 minutes. We are going 65 and it is going about 60. And we still can’t find the front of this train! They are all flat cars with double stacked truck trailers. I know its well over 150 cars. Four engines. How many cars can they put on a train?? Do you have anybody you can ask? 🚞🚞🚞

At some point we are going to have to bite the bullet and stop at a grocery store for a few fresh things like bread, milk, eggs. We really limit our outings in public but The fridge is getting pretty bare and we won’t be home for another 9 days.

Our supper tonight is going to be leftover white chili from the freezer. I think we will Use it to top a baked potato. I also have some corn bread in the freezer.

Irish, wish I could drop some meals off for you. 🍇🥦🍗🥘🍰🍷

auntjana

Re: Supper Club - Fri, Jan 8

Post by auntjana » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:36 am

Good morning!

Mary - I like trees too! We camped in a KOA in Williams among the trees when we went rode the train to the Grand Canyon. That is where I met my first live turkey, as I rounded a corner and he was standing in the middle of the path. Boy did I scream! Sure didn't look like what I knew from the freezer at the grocery store! Happy for the good weather.

Dinner - I am so not in the mood to cook, but will dig up something here. There is plenty in the pantry to choose from.

Ethan was a good helper yesterday. We finished about half. I need to redecorate my mantle, mostly because I need the box that stuff is in, as it is a Christmas storage tote and that stuff needs to go in it now. Trees and ornaments are left.

My lesson is cooking away in my brain and I need to put some points and questions to ask for a discussion on paper. Laundry, Emma's dress, and put away what Sarah brought over for here, is on my to do list as well.

Stay Safe!

Hugs, and prayers,
Jana

Added upon this morning 's - I amvery pleased with myself - the new jeans I ordered back in November finally arrived and they fit - perfectly! They are 4 sizes smaller than what I had been wearing and taking in. Now I can order a few more new pairs knowing that they fit and won't be too small. Just patting myself on the back, knowing I have much more to go, but achieved this milestone.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:58 pm

Hi everyone!
We were 27° this morning, a little cool.
Mary, I gotta have my trees too, that's why I planted pine trees in my yards and on our property 🥰
Jana, congratulations in those new smaller jeans! 🎉🎉 that it's so super fantastic!
Maryrose, so good to see you post ❤ I sure hope they find what's wrong and fix it quick!
We did school today now I get to load another UFO! I'm all happy (picture a snoopy dance)
Supper is going to be tacos tonight, I wanted something simple and Dad loves tacos, win win LOL
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:11 pm

Hello everyone we had snow that turned to rain
Maryz I’m an avid reader Have been all
My life I love Biographies too I read one yesterday and have half of other one read
I almost passed out this morning making soup Veggie with ham bone So I have took it easy since BP was high
Levi is doing ok He has no idea what caused it & with his work it would be impossible to know It wasn’t food related

Tina Glad you are enjoying your LA
Rosebud Praying for your needs
Jana I know Stu learned a hard lesson My DGS got took on a used truck recently He learned a real hard lesson The man that sold it just lied to him
Irish You sure need to stay in on Icey days
Hope it all heals good Sorry it happened to you
Have a nice evening. Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:28 pm

Jana, wow...4 sizes small is a huge accomplishment. And it's always nice to have new clothes. Sorry to hear that Stu got taken. There are some crappy people in the world.

Mary, Yorba Linda is only about 4 miles from us. I'm not sure where the park would be. I know a lot of people that have move to AZ because of the dry warm weather. I'm not crazy about the desert myself. It's fun to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. I need to be close to mountains.

Tina, you are kicking but with the UFO's.

Irish, oh no....I sure hope you heal up fast. Broken anything is not good.

Rosebud, hope they get to the bottom of what's causing the problem.

Becca, Why is your BP so high? Do you take meds for it?

For dinner we will have baked potatoes with leftover chili on top. Super easy.

Have a lovely evening.

Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”