Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club - Wed, Jan 6

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club - Wed, Jan 6

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:57 am

Good morning!

Brrr!! I think we’re about 19°Here. 🥶. We do have A little old snow in our campsite. This park has several ponds that are frozen over. Can’t wait to get home. We may be wet in the winter but at least we are above freezing! We will hit the road at first light and head south. Will spend the night in Raton New Mexico.

Visited both my sisters yesterday, and had spaghetti dinner at Allan and Tina’s that he cooked. They are both still so exhausted. We left at 6 PM, come back to The trailer, and it wasn’t long before we were asleep. Maybe we are tired, too

Jana, when will your sewing island be finished? Will everything be done then?

Izzy, got any baby goat names yet?

Becca, what a scare for Levi and all your family. You really have some serious allergies in your family. Glad you are still able to get books from your library. Autumn is running her library the same way, using curbside service. She says when books are returned they put them in quarantine for four days before they go back into circulation.

Tina, hooray for the first quilt! Dad will love it.

Lori, almost all of my quilt pictures have Riley nestled in them. She had the longest hair of any cat I ever met was eager to share. But I wouldn’t have had it any other way

I think we are only going about 250 miles today. An easy run. Supper tonight will be leftover spaghetti that Allan gave us from last night.

I hope your supper is just as good as his was!

Becca

Re: Supper Club - Wed, Jan 6

Post by Becca » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:25 am

Hello everyone sunny here today but it is cold They are calling for snow on Friday
I got all
My running completely finished & groceries The cleaning lady was leaving when I got Home It was nice to have it cleaned I put it all up made lunch & then made cranberry salad We love it anytime
I got apple pie cookies and cranberry walnut bread at Bethanys Bakery She is starting next week to serve sandwiches for Breakfast and Lunch
Maryz I hope you & Bill can have a slower day I’m sure you are anxious to get Home & relax again after all you have been thru
Yes we do have serious Allergies in our family Nothing you ever want

Tina I am glad you are getting to use your LA Just enjoy it
I got my books at Library I hope to read one today Haven’t read in quite a while
CA wants hot dogs I will make me a salad
Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:11 pm

Good afternoon!

Trying to get motivated to put away Christmas. The train had problems this year, so before we put things away, Michael is running tests to find the problem. He will help a bit later.

I have been working on my lesson for Sunday and think I know which way to go about the points I want to teach. Still getting used to doing this.

Dinner - things have gotten punted from one day to another around here. I am thinking some of my home grown potatoes, roasted and either a piece of chicken or a small steak I have. Salad too.

The bid is back on the cost of the island. It is a go. One last thing to be made, the counter along my window wall that is my desk and the extra place for someone to sew with me. I have the cabinets for that area, so it will be just the countertop and placing those cabinets. That will finish my working sewing area. So y'all will be invited to come and play in the Batt Cave and sew! Some can sew, some can play with my LA or the railroad as it is built.

Mary - wave at the trains as you go through Raton. It is the southern transcontinental passage. Mostly Santa Fe and a small bit of Union Pacific trains.

Becca - apple pie cookies - yum! I have pinned recipes for those several times, just haven't gotten around to trying them.

Time to scoot,
Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:35 pm

Jana, I want to come play.

Becca, that apple pie bread sounds interesting.

Tina, how's the LA running? Are you having fun creating with your new toy?

Mary, I hope you made it safely to your destination. Our weather in SoCal has been very mild. It's supposed to get up to the high 70's next week. Hope you get to enjoy some of it as you are traveling through. You'll be just a bit north of us when you cross through.

We're having Chili tonight.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”