Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday January 4,2021

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: Monday January 4,2021

Post by auntjana » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:14 am

Good morning!

Just got home from a in store grocery run. We went at 5:30 am, before anyone was in there, just the employees. Home and all the cold stuff is put away, just now the rest of the stuff, in a few minutes. Got everything I needed, even disinfecting wipes!

So glad that little voice goes off in my head. I was working on my blocks for the current quilt. I barely had enough fabric to get the needed strips, so after I sewed those pairs together and cut them to the next step, I sewed them together. Then I needed to mark a sewing line. As I marked that line, the voice screamed at me, it didn't look right. So I stopped, reread the directions, checked what I was doing, and sure enough, I sewed the pieces together wrong. With no fabric to redo, I ripped all those pieces apart and did them the correct way. All is right now and I am squaring up those blocks. Then on to the last color.

Not much else here. Christmas will start to be packed up and put away.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

womster

Post by womster » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:45 am

Good morning!

Lois – hope your sewing mojo returns. I hope your food shopping doesn’t take an extra long time since it’s been 3.5 weeks.

Suzette – your poor DH – hopefully it will warm up there soon and his bones will feel better.

Maryz – goodness – sounds like our Tina has done herself a mischief! Ouch. I’m sorry to hear about your friends’ sad news. At least the weather in CO is nice, unless you’re crossing the mountains. Looks like I’ve missed out on some Vicki updates. At least there’s a hold order on record for when you get back.

Sue – I bet Texas was glad to get you back! Your holidays sound wonderful.

Judy – my muscles are sore hearing about all you’ve been doing! I know you’re pacing yourself.

Diane – good luck with your foot surgery. It will be nice to look at it through the rearview mirror come Friday.

Katy – I hope the tai chi keeps helping your back.

Lori – Hugs to you.

Maryq – yay for the check! What a pretty quilt.

Jana – whew! Good thing you listened.

I’m headed to my sewing hole as soon as I’m done here to make the binding for a minky baby quilt. Then I HAVE to dig out of the pre-Thanksgiving mess in there and get organized. I have a Christmas quilt loaded on my quilting machine, made from blocks we all did several years ago. It’s for my sister in CA – but I needed thread and the mail was SOOOOO slow it didn’t get here in time. I’ve so enjoyed using these blocks – what a nice trip down memory lane.

I’ll start packing my wee bit of Christmas decorating away this week. It’s always so sad when all the lights are gone. So I ordered an LED plant thingy that will take the place of the table top Christmas tree. Yay!
Have a great day, everyone. xoxo Sharona

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:53 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in. No snow here but cold. Haven't gotten my stimulus check yet but didn't expect it. Last time they sent me a paper check about 2 weeks later. Don't know why since they have my bank account number for my SS check and I pay taxes every year. Who knows with the government.

Today hope to get back to file sorting and shredding. It is amazing how many papers we get over the years. Got my new Maxine calendar hung. She and I are so much alike.

Well better go get some lunch. The furbabies are fed and back to sleep already. Hope everyone has a good day and stays safe.

Sherry

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:59 am

Mary Q that is one beautiful quilt.

Lois

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:14 pm

Just a quick update on Kathy,,,She is being moved to another rehab facility, tomorrow. I am hoping we will hear from her soon.

Return to “Sew ins”