Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday January 4,2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Monday January 4,2021

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:24 am

Good morning Everyone,

Today is a food shopping run we haven't been there in 3 1/2 weeks so it's time to go.we had some rain today we are going up to 40* that's fine .
There is nothing new here I'm not even sewing just cant seem to want to do it my mojo is gone again so I will look at magazines and new patterns till then maybe a trip to the fabric store see if that helps.

Well I hope everyone has a good day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

suzette58

Re: Monday January 4,2021

Post by suzette58 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:45 am

Good morning Lois and those that follow
I took our dogs out earlier and we were getting a mix of rain and wet snow. I think it has stopped now. I have to go to the grocery also. Hubby will be staying home tho. He is still hurting from the damp weather. After that I hope to get some sewing done. But, I am not counting on it. I do have a question. Even though I have clicked on the box to keep me signed in, every now and then I go to post something and have been logged out. Does this happen to anyone else? Well, I hope everyone has a good day.

Lois - I understand about losing your mojo. I do that every now and then.
Suzette

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:47 am

Good morning,

Lois, sorry you’ve lost your sew- mo-jo but I think of it as a way to we refuel with new creative juices. And get my spring cleaning done. 😁. And the ‘jo always comes back.

Suzette, I hope the weather brightens for you and hubby. We will have a major grocery shopping trip when we get home. But I just might try “phoning it in“ and doing curbside pick up. Have you tried that?

Mary Q, you asked about Tina’s house. It is one story with 3 steps to get in. Actually, she can do steps if she remembers to lead with the good leg going up and the bad leg going down. And has something to hang onto with her right hand. The left side is the broken shoulder. She uses a walker for flat areas. How is your quilt coming along?

Valerie, how is dad doing? You were concerned about him not long ago. Thanks for the new game you posted over in Chit Chat. Fun to read others’ answers and to think up our own. 😜

We should make it to my sisters house today. It’s about a five hour run. Everything has gone as well as we could hope on this trip but it’s still been a tough go for us all. We are a little ragged around the edges. We got word yesterday that a long-time friend of ours died of Alzheimer’s and this morning another good friend texted that her sister passed away yesterday of liver disease. 😢

I miss my sewing but I am able to do a little Crosstitch when the roads are smooth. Have to admit though I am more anxious when we get home, to do laundry, clean cupboards and closets, and flowerbeds! Still not sure when that will be because of weather.

May your road be smooth today!

Mary z

kenderosa

Post by kenderosa » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:59 am

Good Morning Ladies
It's been a while.... life has a way of directing ones path! We've moved back to Texas as of last July. Glad to be back, and have the house in order. Sewing room upstairs and all my "stuff" unpacked and put away.
The dog, Mr. Montgomery loves the large fenced backyard and has plenty of room to run.
We enjoyed Christmas as the family celebration was held at my oldest sons home. 12 of us, makes a full dinner table! DGD came in from Denver and my other son and DIL came from Florida. Weather was beautiful.
I have managed to sew a few hours daily.... working on several projects that need binding and labels made.
Current quilt pattern is Indigo blue and Cheddar. Have yet to sew on the final border.
Need to run as coffee is ready... Have a Great day
Sue

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:50 am

Good morning,,it is tylenol and heating pad day here,,,I am sore all over...painting is a lousy job and I have only done the primer. My house is a disaster and there is a mountain of laundry to do...but God woke me up this morning and said get at it...so I will continue to put Christmas away and do laundry. Maybe i will paint tomorrow...sewing????? you say,,,,maybe later..
Sue it is so nice to hear from you and see what adventures you are up too...Hope you are happy with the move. Was this work related? Weather related? or Family related?
Lois it will return it always does..my mojo sometimes is just bored and needs a change I switch to a crochet or a hand sewing project.
Suz weather here has been crazy snow one day warm the next snow melts more falls then ice and then rain...we just dont know...it happens to me too Im signed in and if there is an update or my computer shuts down I will have to log back in.
Maryz hoping you get sis settled back home then you can plan the last leg of this eventful trip...any word on Vickie???
Hope everyone has a god day,,,prayers for all who may need or maybe you dont know you need them. XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:46 am

SUE, it’s so great to hear from you! I really wanted to see your new home this trip but between Covid and our own circumstances we just couldn’t do it. Hope all is well in your world. Glad you had a happy Christmas!

Judy, bummer about all of those sore painting muscles! I think they need a good rest, don’t you? Ahh... Vicki report – was going to do that but forgot. Actually, there is nothing to report. I believe because of Covid and perhaps the holidays, too, nothing is happening even though the judge signed the warrant two months ago to have her committed to a facility for a minimum of 72 hours for a mental health evaluation. One of my neighbors at home has texted a few times that she has seen Vicki walking in the road, waving her stick at cars. Our security cameras caught her son’s car at her house yesterday so we know she is still at home. I am sure she will kick up a little ruckus when she sees us pull into the yard, hopefully in a week or two.

velvet

Post by velvet » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:13 am

Good morning to all.
Working on a throw size blue and white top. Left over pieces from a jelly roll. It is almost done and just in time, Friday is foot operation. Won't be able to sew for awhile so I have some quilting mags and a few books to read during the time. Can't wait to get this over with. Been putting it off for a long time and have had it.
I hope for safe travels for those on the roads. I pray for those sick and hurt.
Diane

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:31 am

Good morning Lois and all that follow
Got up early today. Still cold and icy and now add foggy. I just say welcome to Illinois.
At least the sewing room is now just yelling at me. I sewed my lotto blocks and got them all done. So I guess that made the screaming subside. LOl today back in sewing room going to sew my blocks . These should have been done in November but life had other thoughts. I actually sewed for 3 hours yesterday. My back did not act up until I was almost done. I think the Tia chi had something to do with it. We will see I plan on doing it again today before I sew.
Lois I think that was part of my problem. My mojo just got up and went. Part of my new years resolution was to sew at least 1 or 2 days a week if my back would let me.
Suzette No Not lately I did for a while.
Valerie I really enjoy new game you posted Have to think lol
Maryz I am Happy you are almost at your sisters. I will be thinking of you as you travel home.
Judi I can no longer paint My darn back would probably put me in hospital if I tried. And I would rather sew LOL I have laundry and dusting to do but that can wait . Into my sewing room I go.

I order the new book that Quilt in a day offered yesterday. I wont start for awhile. I took out the first 6 inch block quilt we worked on during a sew along on here. I still have not got it together. But decided to make it a working quilt instead of show quilt. I lost a lot of points in blocks and I am not going to remake now. I will use 90 of the 121 blocks. At least the new book only has 100 blocks lol
I also need to make some stuff for house.

Well I need another cup of Java
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:04 am

Thank you for the kind words about my sweet Emma. I really miss her. I tried working on a quilt yesterday and just couldn't . She was always by my side when I was in the sewing room. She would jump in my chair when I got up to iron. I think it was a game for her. I'd move her about 10 times before she would lay somewhere else. Usually the ironing board that I was also using. I was telling my DS last night that sewing just made me sad. He said I should take up a new hobby like wood working. lol That's what he does. I'm sure I'll get back to it eventually once my heart stops hurting.

Lori 8-)

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:09 am

Good Morning Girls

Today is the day I promised myself that I would get OUT of the house! My Janome won't get fixed if I don't get it down to the shop. Great news tho.... I got my stimulus check this morning! Wasn't sure us old farts were going to get one! Now I can stop at Joann on the way home and not feel so guilty! :lol: :lol:

I think I may have figured out how to get a picture the right size... so here is a test..

Yeah, it worked... that's the latest UFO I've been working on... Now that I know how to do pictures right... I'll post the rest of them under the UFO contest!

For now I better get in gear.... as I stayed in bed too long again and need to get going. Will check in with you all later. But before I go.... SUE.... GREAT to see you! and Lori... so sorry about your kitty...

Have a great day everyone!
Last edited by maryq on Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Sew ins”