Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper club, Sat, Nov 21

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper club, Sat, Nov 21

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:44 am

Good morning!

We are in Van Horn, TX. Parked next to a couple from Iowa. We chatted ( always from distance) and turns out her niece and two nephews went to high school with my 3 kids! School is 1/2 mi from our house. Small world. Today we have about 300 miles to go before making camp - our last night on road. My older sis spent night before last in Raton, NM and are also now in TX. Will meet up tomorrow. Turns out my younger sister went thru Raton about the time older sis was pulling out. She is on her way to CA. No RV for her. They are motel folks but funny both sisters in same place at same time. And neither knew it!

Caryl, sorry your kitty isn’t a lab sitter. Foxy isn’t either. But when he was about four years old I had fleece blanket on my lap and he hopped up and settled in. That’s when we learned he loves fleece. No fleece = no lap cat. Maybe if there are treats for lap- sitting....

Becca, you may not be having a houseful for Thanksgiving but you will still be seeing a lot of family. Lucky you

Jana, dr. grandma to the rescue with her surgical needle! When it comes to Christmas, I am in the Clark Griswold camp!

Lori - mmmm. Your wine sounds intriguing. It’s been so warm for the last 10 days we have been drinking mostly Chardonnay, our favorite summer wine.

I think Tonight’s supper will be chef salad. With lots of extra goodies in it

How about you?

gershwin64

Re: Supper club, Sat, Nov 21

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:58 am

Good almost afternoon! I've been crazy busy and it doesn't even seem like I've done anything LOL I was playing though 🥰
Mary, I was so happy to get to see you and Bill, even at the distance. I so want this crazy to be over with, I've been so good about not going into places and such.
Carol, my Winnie cat was an ASPCA rescue, it took her 3 years to get on my lap. She hates to be picked up still to this day but if we sit she'll mosey over and get on our laps. She just started purring this year for me.....I think she's 9 now. Patience and perseverance are truly needed for some kitties.
Becca, so glad you found your pork tenderloin.
Jana, the dolls sound perfect for the girls.
I'm getting antsy to start Christmas decorating!
The quilt shop called me yesterday! Shipping was delayed till Monday and with them being closed till the 30th he asked if he could just have it sent here and he'd call me the 1st and see when I want him to come over and set it up, it'll be here either Wednesday or Friday!!!!!! I'm excited! I even cleaned my mess up that I made this morning! Frankie put up a board so I can attach spring clamps and hang a quilt or 2, depending on size, on my wall!
Supper tonight is chicken strips, coleslaw and another veggie maybe.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:44 am

Hello everyone sunny here & a beautiful day I took my walk & enjoyed it
We started out this morning with FaceTime with DGS And I did laundry And did CAs med for week And made lunch
I got my plants all fed and watered
Maryz You are getting closer to Autumn Know you are excited That’s neat about the people you met And your DSs being so close Their communication must be lax

Tina I can hear your excitement I do hope they get it fixed soon for you A design wall will be nice I have always laid mine out on bed Wall is sO much better

I have made a bAnned salad Will
Bake sweet potatoes to have too. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:00 pm

Good afternoon!

Been busy in the Batt Cave sewing and keeping a eye on the BYU football game. It isn't much of a game as BYU is ahead by soooooooo much. This win will make us 9 wins and no losses so far this year. And we are ranked 8th in the nation of all the football teams.

I have one dress done and just cut out three more - identical fabric and they will go to different houses, so that won't be a problem that they are alike. They will sew up quick, assembly line style. Not happy with the piece - i.e. - the color of the fabric I was going to use for the doll itself - so will see what Sarah has, when she is not so busy.

Dinner is on the back burner of my mind - so no idea. Copying Mary yesterday worked out very well.

Should get back to sewing - need to get these made! I have stalled around enough!

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:09 pm

Mary, I bet you'll be glad to stay in one place for a little bit. That's a lot of driving.

Tina, Sew exciting!

Becca, it's a beautiful day here as well. Took the boys for their walk this morning.

Jana, I'm sure the girls will love their dolls.

I got a few quilts layered. Now to get busy quilting them.

For dinner I'm thinking about ordering a pizza.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:13 pm

Here's my sewing room today.
Tina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:15 pm

The rest of them.
Tina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:18 pm

Easton needed a quiet place to do his segmented words so he could hear all the sounds, he says he really likes my room ❤
Tina

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:21 pm

This is the wall that will be behind my LA and the green board will have the spring clamps so I can display 1 or 2 quilts in my room when I want to. It's 9 feet wide.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:44 pm

What a wonderful creative space you have! Ethan likes my sewing area too, to do his school work. Shortly, no more UFO's at Tina's house!

Return to “Chit Chat”