Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday June 30th, 2020

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Tuesday June 30th, 2020

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:13 am

Good morning..another sunny day high 80s. I have a dr appt this morning, so that will be the adventure of the day. I am meeting a new primary dr today. I didnt like the old "new" dr that replaced my Family dr of many years. Her and I didnt get along and I thought she was rude/ she quit and I scheduled with the new guy, It is hard to find a dr these days..but we shall see.
Yesterday I pulled out my old stove,,( not a pretty picture back there, but got thay cleaned up. ready for the new stove which should be delivered between 4 and 8 tonight. I also sprayed the weeds...(non toxic vinegar formula) so i did get a lot done...My next adventur is cleaning the camper..getting it reay for 2 campouts in july and poss 2 in august.. and maybe more if I can get Ken to go...

well I think a little doggie has to go out...again...he really loves it here,,and he loves to walk...so who knows maybe we will get more excersize...( :lol: ) I need coffee too/ hope you have a great dayXXXXXOOOOOO

Becca

Re: Tuesday June 30th, 2020

Post by Becca » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:19 am

Good morning everyone cloudy here
Judi We are having to get new Dr too Not a good time to find one Most are doing phone visits Glad the stove is coming

I have to get car inspected today pick up
Meds & a few groceries We got the new ACHeat system installed Very nice & so quiet
Hope everyone has a wonderful day Becca

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:28 am

Good morning Ladies,

Judi happy for you that your stove is coming
I'm here you about drs I had to get a new gyno last year but I'm happy with this 1.
Becca I hope your day goes smooth.
Today we have to make a trip to Wally's world
I'm out of ink for my printer.
And after that I will do a little more cleaning up in my sewing room I dont know how it gets so messy.

Chris's nice to see you posted glad that your still able to work remotely.

Well that's all the news everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

velvet

Post by velvet » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:39 am

Good morning from SC

Today we hope to hit Costco but with us leaving for a week, hopefully will not get alot. We shop by our list and run out quick. Hubby spoke to Frontier and was told it will be no problem leaving LI on the 9th.

Lois--the elves jump from my house to yours in the middle of the night. Their cousins are the ones who pack your cart when you don't look at Costco. I've yet to actual catch them BUT I know I don't put 3lbs of Oreo cookies in my cart. LOL

I hope everyone has a great day no matter what you have planned.
Diane

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:12 am

Morning
Rough couple of days here. Joe on road, things went to FUBAR Sat here....we are not fighting any more, but barely speaking. Spending time in prayer helps, but fixing my screw up will be expensive..
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:33 am

Good morning!

CHRISS - so good to see you here! You've been missed. Have you measured your driveway to see how many time you have to walk it for a mile? So you've been 'shopping'! :D My Bill wants more details. I have a S&W .38 and a permit to carry. So does Bill. Don't ever surprise us!

DIANE - Costco has a good marketing plan - for them, don't you think?? It works well! Glad your trip plans are working out. Stay well.

LOIS - I think those gremlins are like Santa Clause - can mess up all the sewing room across the world in just one night!

BECCA -Such a pain having to get our cars inspected every 2 years. Rumor is our state is going to discontinue that, but so far it hasn't. Hope your errands go quickly today. Don't forget the bread!

JUDI - I don't think anyone wants to look under their stove - or fridge! Ugh! Hope the new stove fits purrfectly and lasts a long time! Happy camper cleaning! I am starting to make menus and packing lists again. We're going to the Oregon Coast next week for 4 nights. Seven months ago we made rezzies for Yellowstone for the second week in Sept. My sister and DBIL from CO are joining us there. Then yesterday local friends who were with us a few weeks ago in NE Oregon and broke down on the way home called to say they have them, too, same week, same campground! Purely a fluke. They also know my sis and BIL. And they have an out-of-state DB & SIL joining them.

Today Bill is taking our car to get 30,000 mile service and running boards put on so little short-legged me can get into it. It's going to take at least 1/2 day. I'l be working on my Christmas Swap Blocks. And washing sheets and towels. Yesterday we cleaned the house and did regular laundry so I'm nearly free to play today!

Make your day a good one!
Mary z

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:13 am

Good morning!

Raining and cold again. It is June 30th, right? Well, we had to turn on the heater as we have been quite cold for the last couple of days! But the proverbial "they" say we will warm up starting today.

Not much on my docket today. A run to Costco in a few minutes, then home to put it all away. We haven't been there since the beginning of March.

Michael made a major milestone in the railroad construction last night. There is a very difficult piece he built that needed all kinds of special train detectors that finally was finished and installed under the stairs. It took Sarah, Joseph and Michael to get it in the proper place. Ethan was the supervisor. Now Michael can start out in the big area to build the tables for more of the layout. One last difficult section, goes through the utility room, that causes the hot water heater to be moved. We will call the plumbing company for that, as we need to replace my hot water heater before it fails. Everyone else in the neighborhood has already had theirs fail. The piece installed last night, goes from my storage room , to under the staircase and through the wall into a bigger space that is visible from my Batt Cave sewing area. Then turns, through the wall into the utility room and out another wall. The "tunnels" through the walls are relatively small, about 6-8 inches square. Just enough for a single track and train. We may have a running loop by Christmas!

Only 2 more bindings to stitch down. Then back to my 'squirrel " projects. There are plenty of nuts in the baskets!

Stay Safe! Be the Lone Ranger - mask up!

Hugs,
Jana

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:26 am

Good Cloudy Rainy Morning...........

Missed you yesterday.....lost my internet yesterday. Don't know where it went but I had it back by late in the day.

We've had rain off & on for the last few days. We really needed it.

Today is Knitting Group day but we're not meeting due to rain. The rain has had no effect on the 2 bright orange Orioles trying to eat at the Hummingbird feeder.

Judi.......I can't believe my temp here is 68'! Feels like a soup day. I hope you like your new Dr. A good one is hard to find. Good you got to give the floor under the stove a good cleaning. I'd love to clean under my washer/dryer. They're in a closet & the 1st year(8 now)I was here the largest Tide container leaked from a little crack. I was in NY because Kimberly was in hospital. It's still under there. Your camping trips will be here before you know it. Where did June go.

Becca.......so glad you are cool & quiet. I need to pick up some produce myself.

Lois,,...........I had to look up Wally's World.....hope you find what you need.

Diane...........so happy you trip is still ago.

Flo..........I'm sorry things are difficult for you now. Keeping you in my prayers.

Maryz............looks like you have some fun trips planned Have a great play day.

Love & Prayers............Kathy

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:23 am

Kathy I call Wally's world that's walmart.

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:38 am

Good Morning Girls

I'M BACK! Sorry I was missing for a few days... over the weekend I ended up getting up and at it in the sewing room and never made it to the computer. Viv came up Sunday night and we played with fabric and hit the warehouse yesterday---oh my goodness did we have fun there! Needless to say I'm fully stocked with fabric.... not that I wasn't before.. but I did get some backing I was looking for and some pieces for masks!
Just sent Viv on her way to pick up her son in Minneapolis (he lives about 5 blocks from where all the riots were) then head back to Wisconsin--home. So now I need to get back to normal and wash up all the fabric I bought.

To all my UGRR swappers, today I am going to finish up packaging everything and print out the labels to I can take to PO tomorrow... That way you should all have your block back by the weekend! YIPEE!

We're in for a week or so of HOT HOT HOT! so the AC is running full blasts and I'll be spending the days downstairs for sure! So many projects going in my sewing... don't think I'll even turn on the machine today, it will be spent cleaning up!

Have had 4 cups of coffee and now having trouble sitting still... So I am going to run....

Before I go... Wishing Lyn a Very Happy Birthday

I'll catch up with y'all tomorrow!

Return to “Sew ins”