Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, June 1st

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, June 1st

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:13 am

Good morning and welcome to June! T-storms and rain over the weekend, we'll be mid-60's and part sun today. Purrfect!

Yesterday I turned on the trailer fridge and will start filling it today. Bill finished quilting Mickey Mouse and I got the binding and label on that so I can stamp it FINI. For TV work, I made a little progress on my hexies - a grandmother's Flower Garden of my own design. It's SLOW going. I think slower than my last hexie quilt - and that took me 12 years! :lol: Why do I do this to myself???

BECCA - those beans and cornbread you made sound delicious to me! What else do you put into your beans? I never seem to be able to make just a small pot and we end up eating beans for a week! lol!

JANA - Glad you found your keyboard! Hope your hymnal turned up. You really got some play by play personal coverage of the news. Glad all your people are safe. What a crazy, terrible weekend! Last we heard, Yellowstone and Yosemite (and I suppose others) were "soft opening", day use, but no camping. We haven't checked them for a week now.

LORI - how long will you be gone? Sounds like your furry ones will be in good hands but know they will be missing you!

IRISH - yep! Two weeks. At least that's the plan. These days, plans seem to be made to be broken. Glad you saw my video of my DB. He's not too bad for an old codger! That was the driveway at his house in North Pole he was backing into. I'm glad Tim & Kathy are doing all the fun things they want! And some of the most astounding scenery in our country (besides WA!) is in Utah. We've been to all the canyons there, some multiple visits. Bryce is our favorite. Takes your breath away.

Our supper tonite is going to be chicken alfredo. Yum! Or possible pesto. I'll see when I start cooking. But I have leftover cooked chicken so something chickeny.

Happy Suppertime!

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, June 1st

Post by auntjana » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:06 am

Good morning!

Yes, some of the beautiful spots on earth, are right here in my backyard in Utah! Bryce Canyon is beautiful, but I am partial to Cedar Breaks. It leaves Bryce in the dust! Love to see all the hoo-doos too. A hoo-doo is a stacked rock formation, like you see in Bryce. Carved by wind and rain in the sandstone. Take your pick - lakes, trees, hoo-doos, jeep trails, snow, and desert, we have it all.

On our way for the virus test, then home to hide until Thursday morning's test. For that one, I get to sit in the car and wait. I will take hand work and get that caught up.

Dinner - even though it is hot outside, I am in the mood for a stuffed baked potato.

Well, time to leave,
Hugs,
Jana

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:46 am

Good morning from a very sunny getting warm, SW. Pa...Today is going to be darn near perfect......
I'm planning my day and the list is getting longer and longer....Need to pick up my RX at Walmart and hopefully more garden soil, then a curb side pickup at Lowes, then off to Kohl's to drop off an Amazon box, off to maybe run in Aldi for a couple things for my sister (banned food), the $ store to pick up some polymer crystals to make those neck coolers and then maybe home, I hope.....

Mary, it has been an interesting weekend and don't get me started on the "peaceful" protests.....But, praying it has calmed down...We did have a very peaceful protest in the city near where I live....They marched on Main street and then went to a park and still practicing the social distancing, laid face down, saying, I can't breath, for 9 minutes and then spent another 2 minutes in total quiet....Thank goodness there are some places/parks that are slowly opening...But as Kevin said, this morning, we probably will never have that "normal" as we knew it, again...I've said, good things will happen and maybe we'll all be more patient, more courteous to each other and of course, wash our hands more often.....

Jana, I will be asking Kathy if they've been to Cedar Breaks...I know they've been to Idaho a few times and they really do love it....Just wait until I start asking her about the "hoo-doos", she'll be impressed....Sending a prayer for Michael that this week goes smoothly and all will be OK....

Did have a text from Kevin this morning, saying he gets worried when I'm too quiet, lol...I figured he was busy with his pool and I sure wasn't going near or want to be involved in anything that has to do with work.... He told me his morning usually consists of walking the dog and gathering everyone's newspaper and putting it on their doorstep...Would hate for the neighbors to run out to the street in their underwear to pick up the paper...He is a funny guy...Said, he had already been to Walmart and took him maybe a half an hour, away from home, to shop for 2 weeks...Knows the layout, goes in and out as quick as he can....
I have the laundry done, some drying on my rack on the back deck, rest done in the dryer....Nothing else to do but get my shoes on and get going....
For my dinner, I do have leftovers from yesterday so I won't starve......But of course, Ruby might just decide otherwise and we might do a drive thru on the way home.....

You all have a great day....

Happy eating..............

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:11 am

Hello everyone sunny here
Sitting in car waiting on CA for blood work

Today is Marty’s Birthday He is our youngest So thankful for him He had spotted fever at 5 yrs but God spared him He was in Hospital for 1 wk & out of his head most of the time Very scary time

Maryz I just add seasoning to
My beans & I put chopped spring onions on top as I serve them Lots of people add fat back but I don’t
Jana Sure hope all goes well with test & you both stay well

Here he comes It’s a rerun for us of beans I too have trouble cooking small
Hope to get my walk in Levi come over while we were gone & left the sweetest note on my counter by sink He called us to ask if it was ok if he came in He’s a sweet one too Becca
Lori Safe travels & I pray the House sells fast Hugs to you

Missed you Irish Typing at same time I guess You do have a busy day But that’s the way I ado all in one day if I can
Stay safe & it saddens me to see where our Country is going Praying it turns around
Last edited by Becca on Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:27 am

Home from the virus test. The worst part was all the paperwork to fill out before the actual swab, which took all of 30 seconds. So we are now safe and holed up until Thursday.

Irish - oh I love Idaho too! Went to college there, near the Teton Mountains. It was a very small town, Rexburg.

Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”