Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday may 23rd

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Saturday may 23rd

Post by grammiequilts » Sat May 23, 2020 5:13 am

Good morning,,it is cloudy and figgy here but going up to 75...I am going to do a few windows today and fill the new fridge...I have everything in th camper. but I need to go shopping too...I may skip the big stores and just go to the little market for meat. we shall see. We are still under house arrest here in Michigan.. hope you remember why we celebrate Memorial weekend, XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Re: Saturday may 23rd

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat May 23, 2020 5:17 am

Good morning

Today is vacuum, sanitize upstairs bathroom, and pretty much that's it. I may make oatmeal craisin cookies. I may not. My DBIL and his SonIL & DGS are arriving late today from CO for a fast 1 or 2 night stay. Possibly longer. From here they are going to another DGS's discharge from 20 yrs in CoastGuard and induction into Marin Co Sheriff's office on May 31. So they have time to kill. I have potato salad, beans, coleslaw, watermelon, BBQ pork sandwiches, and frozen peanut butter pie waiting for them. And maybe cookies. My sewing room is dismantled to make room for my DBIL but if I have time and inclination, I have hand embroidery I can do. Or hexies. Or cross-stitch.

JUDI - so glad the fridge came! Have fun "moving in"! I hope it's a good one for you,

CHRISS - I'd love horses or cows or goats or sheep for neighbors. We do have chickens . . . I hope they let you keep working from home. At least part of the time. Yeah, I hear ya on vac'g where the baseboard meets the carpet. Vac'g is supposed to be Bill's job but he doesn't do the fine work. And he goes so fast that the vac doesn't have time to suck up everything that needs sucking up. But we're supposed to praise them anyway. I love that any bugler anywhere will play taps at 3pm.

ROSEBUD - glad you got all that yard work done. Do you live on a city lot, in a development, on acreage?

Remembering those lost,

mary z

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat May 23, 2020 5:39 am

Good morning everyone cloudy & foggy here
Judi So glad the frig arrived Enjoy your weekend
Maryz Enjoy your family That’s a delicious meal you have waiting on them
Chris I love the buggier blowing I love animals especially horses
Rosebud Yard work is hard but so rewarding to see all you accomplished & the beauty it brings
Has anyone heard from Lois & how her Daughter is doing ?
Maryq I Hope you get a day with a little relaxation thrown in You have been so faithful making masks Hope your tomatoes do good I love fresh tomatoes

The mumbo dance is going Its been busy this week Haven’t got yard mowed because of rain They are saying another week of rain Lots of flooding around in places
Enjoy the weekend but remember those who gave all & those serving too
Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat May 23, 2020 6:30 am

Good morning!

I am here on my new tablet. I got it up and running. Still need to add apps, but the first thing I did was see if I could get on here. Yup, that worked!

Rained all night. Was quite cold, but I think the potato patch faired well. Snowed on Sarah camping up in the mountains.

Chriss - Church has been given the OK, but the leaders are still working out the details on how to hold our meetings, and still be safe. Each area is working with the local leaders in determining this. We will still be doing church as we have for the past couple of months.

Not much here, a couple of uglies and play in the Batt Cave. I did get a bunch of new plastic storage containers, my old ones were getting ratty. Washed all the new and have them put away. Still trying to figure out how I end up with extra lids from the old pieces.

Stay safe and remember.

Hugs,
Jana

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sat May 23, 2020 6:49 am

Good morning all! It is supposed to be a beautiful day here today so will finish mowing the yard. The next couple of days are supposed to be humid and rainy. Not much going on here otherwise. My DGS Chris's graduation is tomorrow and am so looking forward to it. The graduations around here are mainly drive ups and each family gets to go into the gym individually and the grad gets to walk across the stage to get their diploma.

Well, better get going. Going to pickup a takeout order from Bob Evans today for breakfast and then go from there.

Hope everyone has a good Memorial Day weekend, and stay safe.

Sherry

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat May 23, 2020 8:37 am

Good Morning girls

UGH... cloudy and rainy day here. Makes me want to go back to bed! And I've spilled my first cup of coffee already... I think it's a sign!

Judi... Must be ESP.... I'm thinking about doing some windows today too.. perfect day for it.. at least for the insides. The step stool has been sitting inside all week just waiting for me to get the MO JO to do windows. Besides, my poor Janome needs a rest... she's been working so hard on masks for so long. Your fridge arrived? Yippee!

Marzy… If you are going to go to all that work to make oatmeal cookies.... forget the raisins and add choc. chips! So much better, well, maybe not quite as "healthy" :lol:

Becca... I just happened to peak in at Photo's this morning and what do I see... Wonderful pictures of our little miracle babies! SO cute!

Jana.... Oh my.. you have the same problem? Extra lids to containers? How does that happen?? I have a stack of med. size tote box lids in my garage and I can't figure out for the life of me where the bottoms are!

Sherry.... How are these rainy muggy days on your asthma? Congratulations to Chris on his graduation. This has sure been an odd year for kids graduation... No big ceremonies...

Pretty quiet around my neighborhood today... too wet to mow lawns. Kevin and family at up at the cabin with the other grandparents. Looking forward to seeing them when they stop by on their way home on Monday. If we get my garden box set up.. next week I can plant my tomatoes! Not that I want to go buy all the canning equipment, but it sure would be nice to have some homemade tomato sauce and salsa next winter!

More coffee for me... then I'm going to become good friends with my Windex!

Have a great day everyone!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat May 23, 2020 11:43 am

Chriss, so I thought about putting the candles away yesterday, but then at 1230 this morning, the power went out again. So they are staying out a bit longer. Just in case.

Maryq, homemade sauce sounds yummy.

Jana, Yay for a new tablet. They are starting to open up things here, but some businesses weren't ready. It was kinda quick without notice.

Judy, glad the fridge made it. Now to get back to normal. At least food wise.

I need to sort though some stuff and organize a bit. I got 4 blocks made for guild lotto yesterday. It was nice to just sit and sew.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sat May 23, 2020 1:05 pm

Good afternoon one and all. So far the morning has been non eventful. I got up and had my coffee, found a book to read, loved on my fur babies, then laid back down for a nap.

Maryz- I live in a small subdivision, inside city limits, on a 1/4 acre lot. Sounds like you are well prepared for your visitors. Enjoy your family time.

Becca- Those miracle babies are adorable, and they have gotten so big. Thanks so much for sharing them with us.

Maryq- Home made tomato sauce sounds over the top. Makes my mouth water... Be careful on the step stool and ladder while doing those windows.

Judi- Same to you. Be careful climbing up and down the ladder and step stool to clean your windows.

Chriss- I hope you will be able to continue to work from home as well.

Jana- Yay for the new tablet. Have fun adding the apps you still need to add on. Containers and lids, I'm with you in the puzzlement of it all. I've had extra lids with no container, and extra containers with no lids.

Everyone have a safe weekend. Hugs and prayers for all.

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Sew ins”