Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, March 25

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, March 25

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:21 am

Good morning,

I hope everyone is still healthy out there!

Yesterday I finished up a pile of masks and cut out another 3 dozen. While waiting for more elastic to arrive, I'll try making some with ties. Yesterday we did one last round of errands and now, except for my chiro appt this morning (eye exam and blood donation were cancelled), we'll be at home sweet home. We will go out maybe once a week to pick up mail and a take-out order for supper. My walking buddy and I have decided to walk with our hubbies for the duration instead of each other. We can wave to each other from opposite sides of the road. Crazy times!

Today is going to be an ugh-lie day around here. I"ve had my quick wipe-down routine every morning but it's time for a vac/mop/polish day. I'll check the laundry basket, too. Bill will help and we'll have it all done in about 90 minutes. Then I'll go back to working on masks. I have elastic coming but will try making some with ties. I'm trying to make them out of cute fabrics. I made some for family who requested them so they got Seahawks, U of WA, dog, cat, frog, flower, etc - whatever I know they like. Most of the ones going to our vet will get dog or cat fabrics. They are fun to do. When I need a break from masks I have my Mickey & Minnie LOVE quilt to get started on. Also a Paris quilt. Both are kits (a real rarity for me to buy kits) and they are for my daughters' wedding anniversaries later this year. We have lots of jigsaw puzzles, games, books, and yardwork so we won't be bored. Not to mention you all!!

BECCA - Nice to be able to make masks, isn't it. Kind of like ladies who rolled bandages during the World Wars - helping the war effort.

JANA - sounds like Kate and Aaron have a safe routine all down pat and are doing all they can to protect family even as they still help the public. Has Kate started her new job yet? Snow! Nice to have a clean, pristine view out your window!

MARY ROSE - I hope whatever fell out of your freezer yesterday didn't crack your toe!

LORI - it's like we're twins! both ordering Italian for pick-up. Sadly, our restaurant had their 'salty chef' on last night. It was still good, but I think I'll go for the chix parm next time.

IRISH is still settling in. I haven't heard from CHICKIE or TINA for a while so I hope they are both OK.

I'm doing a pork roast for supper tonight with salad and mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. We'll have enough leftovers for quite a while. It's a big one that I bought to have for company, but that's not happening for a while so we may as well enjoy it ourselves.

What are you enjoying tonite?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, March 25

Post by Becca » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:06 am

Good morning It’s a beautiful sunny day & the birds are singing I got my walk in early
Really gives me a boost for the day
My masks are ready for Pallative Care lady
And 2 for us &any family that needs one Both my DSs are out in the public & DGSs

It’s really different for lots of people but sure they will adjust

Maryz I thought about the ladies & rolling bandages as I was sewing masks I tried some ribbon I had on one but cut it off after trying it on Too slick
Enjoy your Dinner It sounds yummy

Hope everyone is doing good with the restrictions Stay safe

I have laundry done & May do some uglies
We are having burger for C.A. I have banned salad left Have potato’s & steamed broccoli. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:10 am

Good morning!

I posted over in Sew Ins that it was snowing. Still snowing a couple of hours later. My snow chicken, the snow that piles on my weather vane on the barn is back too. Roads are clear, which is nice, like I am going anywhere!

Mary - let's hope that Aaron keeps us bored with his stories for awhile!

Becca - stay safe and enjoy the spring weather.

Dinner is leftovers from last night.

Not much going on new here. I am thinking of some reorganization of the Batt Cave. I like to be efficient in my moves, read that as I am lazy! LOL!

Hugs,
Jana

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:41 am

Lol, Mary, it was roast/stew meat that fell out of the freezer. It missed my toes by leaps and bounds. So...today I will make some veggie soup/stew.

I'm still working on UGRR blocks and want to make some masks to wear to work when I have to return on the 1st. Mary, the other day you said you found a mask by Jenny Doan that fits really well. I tried to find the pattern to no avail. Where did you find it?

Mary/Rosebud

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:35 am

Maryz, sorry yours was salty. My lasagna was so delicious. I only eat half. That way I will have it for lunch another day. I opened a bottle of Tempranillo to go with it. It was equally delicious.

Maryrose, good thing it missed your feet. I have a friend that had something fall out of the freeze just recently and hit her toe. It was pretty nasty. It became infected and she almost lot her big toe. Be careful.

Well we had our walk this morning. I'm drinking my warm lemon water. I think we will have leftovers from the other night. Fajita burritos. Well I need to get going and clean a bit before I resume quilting on the gold and blue log cabin.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:12 pm

MARY ROSE - I just Googled Utube surgical mask pattern. Several videos popped up but Jenny's was the first one so, after watching her, I went with that one. It's fit purrfectly, was comfortable, and covered well. A trifecta!

Return to “Chit Chat”