Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, March 24

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, March 24

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:34 am

Good morning,

Well, I did it. Kicking and screaming, but I did it! I turned a year older. My age is now the year I graduated from high school. 69. But I guess it's better than the alternative! And I had a terrific birthday, despite everything. It certainly was memorable! As I'm sure Becca can attest, too! It was also my Foxy's birthday (he was 6). He celebrated by turning over and taking an extra nap! And he got an extra large serving of salmon pate'. (he is excused from the ban because he's a cat.)

Yesterday was a fun day. I got to talk with my two DD's, brothers, and sisters. As well as all our friends. We even face-timed a happy hour with Tex & Annette for 30 min. Our governor issued a stay at home order effective about 5pm on Wed. We've been pretty much doing this anyway except for essential things. And he's letting restaurants remain open for pick-up orders. He's trying to keep people distanced but not shut down the state's economy completely.

JANA - I hope your shocks stop soon. But you're getting good core exercises keeping your balance! And losing that weight slowly is the best, healthiest, and most effective way to do it. So CONGRATS!! You deserve it! I hope your Sandee had a good birthday.

LORI - can you still walk around your community or just your own yard?

MARY ROSE - we did our taxes, too, earlier this month, but it's good to know that the President has given extra time for those that need it.

TINA - I have a rose bush that should be moved, too. But for now, it's staying put. It's a big climber.

BECCA - so nice to have your son bring you all those groceries and extra goodies! He gets a gold star from me!

Tonite we're going to do our Italian dinner from Il Lucano's, our favorite restaurant. They have a special on Tuesdays - order two dinners and get half price off a bottle of wine. They are still honoring that but you take the wine home with your food and open it yourself. So I'm going to order gnocchi with gorgonzola sauce and Bill will get his usual (gaacckk) halibut putanesca. I might set him out on the deck to eat. The cat will like that!

Have you got a plan for tonite?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, March 24

Post by Becca » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:17 am

Hello everyone cloudy with light rain had rain all day yesterday
I made a few masks & will make today until elastic is used up

Maryz Glad you had a great Birthday Mine was filled with calls & FaceTimes too because no visits
Our Governor closed all gyms salons & barbershops & school thru May 15
Denise had said she thought it would get canceled for rest of year Our DGD is working from Home as she teaches & her DH is Home from Lab He works in A College

I am making banned salad with potatoes in the jacket Have a wonderful day & smile even if things are upside down Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:38 am

Good morning!

Mary - you asked about Aaron and Kate. Daily before Aaron enters the house, he strips in the garage and puts his work clothes in the washer, wraps in a towel, heads up and showers, all gefore he hugs the girls. He is issued gloves and a mask, but they are in short supply, so he is judicous in their use. With everyone working from home, his job is much easier, not dealing with so many out on the roads. Kate, on the other, is being assigned to do testing at testing station. I am not happy, but she will be in the full monkey suit for protection. She will do the same as Aaron when she get home. Kate work days, are the days Aaron is off, so he will watch the girls, not Sarah. We are trying to protect Sarah as much as we can with her Graves disease. We are also keeping Sandee away as well, she has many problems too.

All the kids call to check in - even my Daniel. He usually doesn't call as much as the others, but comes up with a question,, so he can call. Ethan and Sarah are here all the time, but she is just as much isolated the same as us, so it is safe. Sarah is extremely careful about germs. Even when she goes to the store, she pulls the cart from the front, not pushing the handle. Less people handle the front - besides, she wipes all spots down and uses gloves.

Dinner - my one pot polska, tortellini, broccoli with swiss cheese and cheddar biscuits.

Had a dust bunny war in my bedroom, I won! Now to finish up straightening my closet. Michael is vacuuming the rest of the house right now. A bit later, I am doing haircuts for Michael and Ethan, they are both quite shaggy! Michael is giving Einstein a run in bad hair!

Hugs,
Jana

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:20 am

There is still left over lasagna and salad, but I'm thinking about thawing some chicken or beef and make soup or noodle casserole (maybe both) from which ever one falls out of the freezer.

In the meantime life goes on. I need to clean up the kitchen, living room, and bathrooms. After that I can return to my sewing room.

LOL, I was late getting up this morning, setting everything back almost half a day.

Enjoy...

Mary/Rosebud

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:18 pm

I just realized it's after 5 and I don't know what we are having. Maybe I'll order something for DH to pick up.

Mary still walking the dogs. Not many people out when we walk. Most come out later in the day.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:40 pm

Ordered from our favorite Italian place. Lasagna for me, Ravioli for DH. I'll open a bottle of red to go with it. Cheers!
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”