Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

march 24 2020 Tuesday.

Daily discussions.
KATHYSQUILTS

march 24 2020 Tuesday.

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:23 am

Good Dark Night.......

It's cold here & we had a crazy snow storm......like a tiny blizzard. In our crazy world now the beauty of the snow coverage made my day.

Happy Happy Birthday............Maryz!! hope you day was fun. How was dinner?

I was missing in my itches. I think the stress of all the virus news stressed my condition. I was so happy the Dr called in my meds. I've taken 2 doses should start feeling better tomorrow. At WallMart I couldn't go in to get my meds but they bring it out to the car. I felt like I was buying illegal drugs. I was shocked to see two older woman(like Grandmother) walking out with a tiny baby.. I saw them in the food store, the baby was maybe a month. What were they thinking?
No one in the store seemed concerned about keeping any distance with anyone. I was stressed trying to keep my distance. I was heart broken there was no chicken!!!! I'm sure my store is missing the same stuff as yours. The meals that my daughters ordered for me will come tomorrow besides the meals they ordered extra chicken.....my girls know me! I'll be sure to let you know how the meals are.

While I was up tonight I finished the 3ed of the 3 tote bags. I can't wait to mail them to my Granddaughter. I've not heard anything about the Post Office. I'm getting mail so I must be able to mail packages.

Feeling cooped up so I might take to take the car out for it's ride.

I'll check on you later. Love & Prayers.............Kathy

suzette58

Re: march 24 2020 Tuesday.

Post by suzette58 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:44 am

Good morning Kathy and those that follow.
Our governor announced yesterday that schools in our state are closed for the rest of the school year. We have 3 grandkids that are affected by this. Thank goodness I have plenty of sewing to do. One of my Facebook friends created a petition to have us shelter in place. In my mind I am not sure how this will work now. Everybody is short on food and other things we need. I am trying not to let this get under my skin but sometimes it does. I hope everyone is doing well. Have a good day.

Kathy - I understand about feeling cooped up. I get excited when we take the trash to the recycle place.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:28 am

Good morning ladies,
I'm up early my dd sent me a text lastnight she wants me to make mask problem is there is no 1/4 " elastic I tried to order on line but I wouldn't get it till may .

Judi how long do the ties have to be I will make strips at least they will be able to tie them.
Kathy so glad you were able to get your meds
I dont know what people are thinking bringing babies out especially this time when people have to be careful.
Suzette enjoy your sew day.

Well that's it for me everyone have a great day
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:25 am

Good morning everyone cloudy Had rain all day yesterday
Governor here said no School thru May 15 All gyms Barbershop & Salons closed Looks like it will be long lasting but I pray not

Suz I don’t know how people’s minds work

Lois Hope you get lots of sewing in

Kathy So glad you got your meds we will have to get DHs first of month but they have a drive thru window Sorry no chicken Hope the meals are good

I made masks & will do more today I watched 3 different videos on making them Some used ties
Hope you have a great day and remember to stay safe & calm Becca
Be happy

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:19 am

Well, this olderly person is going to try going to Safeway at 7 a.m. and see if there's anything to buy. I'll let y'all know when I get back.
Lyn

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:35 am

Good Morning all!
First, Happy Late Birthday, Maryz and all the other March Birthdays. 💐
This old lady joined the long line outside our WalMart before the 6 am "senior" hour. Hoping to get a bottle of sanitizer, but also eggs, milk, margarine, tuna, and beans. We went yesterday and waited for over an hour for store to open at 7. Shelves were so empty, it was so weird. But being Monday morning, we brushed it off, that perhaps not many deliveries on a Sunday. We were much more hopeful this morning. We did ok, except no sanitizer!! Guess when we get settled back in Illinois, I will try to order on line. May be back order, but, I will try
I plan to join a group back home on sewing masks, but will await more instructions, as we are checking with our own hospital in our town and wait for reply from them. It will feel good to put forth efforts to HELP our local health care people. I pray for their safety and do appreciate all their efforts.
Keep your chin up, don't be depressed, our God is still in control and will always be our help in time of troubles. Keep praying He hears our cries.
Hugs
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:37 am

Good morning!

Yesterday, Sarah was out and found eggs and so we shared. A friend had surgery and was unable to get out, so we shared with her too. My grands school date has been pushed back as well, until May. Sarah's last online college class did change the requirement for her final, so she doesn't need to go uptown. Ethan is doing very well with the online classes. The 2nd grade teachers are sharing the teaching lectures between them, so Ethan gets lessons from more than just his teacher. Sarah is banning the word, NO, from her house. Ethan - take a bath, no, I am not going out, time for school work, no, time to get dressed, no, and so forth. Later today I am giving Ethan a haircut, he is quite shaggy. Michael needs one too, he looks a bit like he has Einstein's haircut, hair standing every which way!

Not much more here. A few maintenance uglies and then work on sime quilting. I watched a PBS show about quilt history and made me realize that I am the last that knows the history of two family quilts I have, so I need to write that for my family. It is important to those who made those quilts, that their story is known. Trying to figure out the best way, a journal to be kept with the quilt, a journal on my computer, with a picture or something that has yet to cook in my brain. We will see.....

Stay safe -
Hugs,
Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:37 am

Good morning it is day 1 of shelter in place order...Ken is essential personel fpr the city he works for,,,seems the rink has 10000lbs of ammonia cooling the ice it needs to be monitored a leak or spill could kill a lot of people, he goes in everyday checks a giant empty building for problems and comes home...He stays there about 4 hours (its a big building) he is happy to do that and I am too...He can always stop for an item or 2 on his way home but only at the small market near our house....they have a spectacular meat counter and lots of fresh chicken and beef,,,,funny thing they were out of steaks the last time we went there...seems folks decided to BBQ during this crisis. limited to 1 chcken per person and 5lbs of ground beef. the store across the street from me has a bit of eveything but the meat counter is pretty empty. he has tp yesterday...limit one per customer also. of course this quarentine is for 3 weeks more starting today so I expect people to get nasty if they cant get hat they want...
I did deliver 40 masks yeterday didnt go in anywhere we just left them on the porch...facetiming with the kids..I will make somemore as soon as the eleastic comes in, It is out for shipping right now I expect it by friday...144 yard spool was the only thing available...I will cut a bunch and offer it on my porch if anyone wats to come and get it,,,seem nuring homs and firestations and police are needing them too... check with those places in your areas,,,

I will finish the masks I have cut I make 4 ties each about 19 inches each,,,this tied around my head ok....and the big guys head too...surgical use masks do not use elastic because they are sterilzed at high temps but the elastic ones are easier to use and they all cane be washed with hot soapy water,,,both are used by the area.

I have a lot of hand rmbroidery on the snowman blocks I have finished,,,all this sewing time and holing up in the sewing room has been good for my diet,,,,lost almost 20lbs so far...20 more to go...feeling good...now if I can stay healthy... Hope you all hava goood day,,,if you are not ordered to stay home like we are,,,,,maybe doing it anyway will help slow this virus down...XXXXXXXXOOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:58 am

Morning
Yesterday was beautiful here. So Joe & I cleaned front porch & set some pavers to add on to front porch slab. Then we set up for BBQ & bonfire and all of us including 3 dogs enjoyed it
DS1 back on road today.
Sometime this week we will tackle back porch.
Flo

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:12 am

Good morning, ladies. Read all but can't stay. It's marvelous that you are making masks. I go to the grocery store and my office maskless. I've seen people in the grocery store with mask and gloves on and they pick up things with their thumb and forefinger like everything is covered with poo. There are people spraying and wiping down the buggies before you get one and I have hand sanitizer that I use as soon as I get back in the car. After I take my stuff into the house and put it away, I wash my hands again. My hands are getting so dry I feel like I need to thrust them into a vat of Vaseline. OK, gotta run.

I hope y'all have fun fondling fabric today.

Return to “Sew ins”