Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, March 23rd!!

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, March 23rd!!

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:31 am

Good morning!

We have 43* and drizzly rain this morning. Purrfect birthday weather! Means I get to stay in and sew! I set aside everything else for now and am working on masks. I don't know yet who in my community needs them but I'm sure with 1 hospital, 2 urgent cares, umpteen doctors, and a boatload of vets, someone will be in need eventually. I am using Jenny Doan's pattern from a Utube video. My sample mask fit very well!

I plan to make a cake today, slice it up, and deliver servings to our good friends' doorsteps. My version of ding dong ditch. Something fun to do. We were going to order Italian for tonite and pick it up but turns out that restaurant is closed on MOndays! So we're going to do that tomorrow instead.

BECCA - sounds like you had a nice day yesterday even though things weren't as originally planned.

LORI - did you get your UGRR blocks finished? Yesterday morning I made two wagon wheels and set them aside for when all the blocks come back. It was the only block not 'taken'. I think. I HOPE it was the block, anyway. lol! My brother always loved hot lemonade and when he ordered it in a restaurant it always confused the staff. They didn't know how to make it. Jim explained - microwave a mug of it. lol! I wonder if that would have the same effect as your lemon water.. . . Hot orange juice is good, too.

JANA - congrats on your weight loss! And you're right! I figure I'll either have gained back the few pounds I've lost or be down several more when this is all done! We'll call it the Corona Diet!

MARY ROSE - yes, we learned that about HD. Though if our state goes on lock-down it won't matter anyway. Did you see that Trump pushed tax day back to July 15th?

I texted IRISH last night - she is in her new house! And she loves it! Baby Girl, not so much. She hasn't come out from under the bed yet! lol! Her wonderful DD, Kathy, was able to arrange cable, phone, and even a U-Haul truck all the way from Reno!

I have no idea about tonite's supper. But I do know there will be cake!

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, March 23rd!!

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:20 am

Good morning!
Happy late birthday Becca!
Happy birthday Mary!
I guess I didn't check in Saturday and Sunday, I was enjoying outside and just forgot I guess. All that fresh air had my brain too cleaned out LOL
Mary, I'm going to check out the pattern for the masks too, I don't have any thin elastic though.
I like your version of Ding Dong Ditch ❤
This weekend we were outside mostly. Frankie does pull weeds thankfully and he'll move big plants for me too.... I'm not so good at digging with a shovel since I can't wear shoes (I can only wear flip flops year round). He just moved my 5 rose bushes to a more sunny location, the pecan tree had them in too much shade and they weren't doing very well.
Today I'm going to the post office, taking my hand sanitizer with me. I have 3 envelopes that I need postage on that I can't do from home, ugh.
Jana, congrats on the weight loss! You rock!!
MaryRose, I've got to do our taxes too, I usually don't wait this late but I haven't been in the mood to do them. I'll still stick to the April 15th deadline though so I don't procrastinate any longer.
Lori, sorry your park was closed but glad you found an alternative.
Irish, happy your all moved in! Babygirl will be too after a few days 😉
Becca, staying home and isolated is most likely the safest way for you both. ❤
I think I'll make meatloaf for supper and the veggies to go with.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:36 am

Good morning!

Happy Birthday Mary! Have a wonderful day, doung what you l9ve!

It is also my niece, Sandee's BD. So, since she lives across the street, i will hang a sign in my front window, telling her Happy Birthday.

Mary - years ago I was known as the chocolate cake phantom. I would door bell ditch chocolate cakes on the guys I knew, front porches. One was Michael's porch, see what I got!

Not much here. Heading to play in the Batt Cave. Singing, I feel the earth move under my feet! Aftershocks still happening. Most not felt, but a couple of good ones, a 4 on the Richter scale.

Dinner - not known yet, but a salad is on the menu.

Stay safe!,
Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:45 am

Hello everyone been a rainy morning but misting now
Has been quite a morning Marty was here before 7:30 with the groceries & tons of other good things We are for sure set now I sanitized everything He sat them on doorstep and left He is afraid he may give someone something He is a sweet one & so is his sweet friend

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you Maryz Hope your cake is wonderful & you get to have a special time even if you do stay Home No better place Enjoy We appreciate you

Jana Thank you for singing to me That was very sweet Oh your WLoss is over the top I wish you the very best in continuing on

Tina Thank you for the Birthday wishes So sweet of you Glad you were able to be out I love being outside

Irish I’m sure you are enjoying your new Home Its wonderful that Kathy was able to help

Lori Hope all’s well with you & doggies & DH

Chickie The baby calves must be keeping your busy Hope they are all dong good

I am making some masks A NHome here put on they needed them

We are having chicken breast fries for C.A.
salad for me Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:00 am

Let me clarify - this weight loss has taken several years and the good thing is I haven't put it back on. I just keep at it!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:26 am

Mary, Happiest of birthdays to you. Hope your cake is yummy. So the idea of the lemon water, is by using fresh lemons you get the benefit of the rind as well. It contains good antioxidants. The doctor that posted, said you get vitamin C from the lemons which helps fight off virus. And because it's natural rather than a pill, it absorbs better into the body. I actually like it. Yes, my blocks are done.

Jana, I was talking to DS last night and he said there have been a lot of aftershocks. And pretty good ones.
He's used to it, he grew up in SoCal.

Chickie, sounds like you've been keeping yourself busy. I'm going to try my hand at masks today. I need one so I can go grocery shopping.

Becca, so nice you have someone to bring in groceries.

Well for dinner I just don't know. Chicken sounds good, so maybe Orange chicken and rice with a veggie.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:59 pm

Mary, I didn't know tax day had been pushed back to July 15th, but it is best (at least for me) to stay on track with meeting the April 15th or before deadline. Otherwise I would really mess up if it got changed back.

Supper here will be left over lasagna and salad.

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Chit Chat”