Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

A Swap Idea UGRR

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
maryq

A Swap Idea UGRR

Post by maryq » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:15 am

Hi Girls

It's been ages since I have hosted a swap ( think it was back in 2007) And I'd like to throw an idea out to all of you.

Would anybody be interested in doing an Underground Rail Road swap. It's a quilt I have been wanting to do for a long time and thought a swap would be fun. I do have El's book (actually have 2 copies, so I can share one) But you can google them on Pinterest too, just to see what's involved.

Of course it would be in Civil War prints.

I am thinking time wise, sign up would start April 1st. (I'll be in Canada until March 31st)

Do we need 6 weeks or 8 weeks to finish them?

Think about it and let me know what you think... If there's enough interest I'll post an official topic in a week or so

Mary

gershwin64

Re: A Swap Idea UGRR

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:37 am

Yay Mary!
I for sure am interested! I made an UGRR years ago and it's getting pretty worn so I would love to join in and get a new one done! There's 15 blocks I believe, so does that mean 15 would be a full swap? And we all pick a specific block from the book to do? What would the background fabric be? I'm excited! I would say 8 weeks to complete the swap. There's all my 2 cents and questions 😉😊
Tina

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:01 pm

Tina asked my questions lol. I agree 8 weeks and yes I am interested. I can check book out at library.
🐐izzy

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:07 pm

I will think about it.

Lois.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:35 pm

I'd make this one again. We did a sew along years ago with this book. It's a nice sampler.
Lori 8-)

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:21 pm

I would make this one again too. Moose decided that mine needed to be chewed on a bit. Stinky Moose.

Now I am off to go look at my book. See what you started Mary?

Chriss
Psalm 91

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:11 am

Yes this is one swap that I am interested in. I have the book and have made many of the blocks already. I am a Civil War "junkie".

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:20 am

Yes, yes! Count me in! I have the book! And I love the emotional and historical meaning behind this quilt. I made a few of the blocks several years ago, 6" size, framed them, and gave them to a good friend who happens to be black and has a 'history'. She cried! And now she has it hung above her couch. But I've ever made the quilt in it's entirety and I can't wait to get start on this swap! But definitely 8 weeks, please! lol!
mary z

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:17 pm

I'm in, and I would like the drunkard's path block. I should be able to find some fabrics in my stash. I need the longest possible deadline! I'm in the middle of sewing great grandbaby quilts and cant even think of anything until I get everything baby-related finished.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:15 pm

Love the idea but will likely sit this one out. I did the 6-inch one I gave it to a friend of mine and then the 12 inch blocks I have all but one block done. It is all out in my storage shed somewhere and it would be an act of God for me to find it
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”