Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday, February 15

Daily discussions.
KATHYSQUILTS

Re: Saturday, February 15

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:35 am

Good Sunny Cooooold Morning.............

I'm still here! Little sleep makes me very very cranky & have no interest in anything. Plus the computer is overheating and at any time it shuts down. I'm working real hard to get the house cleaning caught up today.
I do not understand if I take a OTC sleep aid I'm tired all the next day, if I don't I'm tired the next day. I feel like my Dr is not into helping me. I'm looking for a new primary Dr. :roll:

On a quilt sit on FB post a quilter posted she is from Wales MA so I said 'Hi' from Charlton. Well she works at a quilt shop there. I never heard of it & it's only about 30 mins from me. It's in an old church. It's also a nice ride there.

Love & Prayers..............Kathy

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:48 am

Suzette, have fun quilting.

Flo, hope you are feeling better soon.

Kathy, did you go check out the LQS?

Maryz, I iron my binding strips before I sew them as well. It's way easier. The cutting is super easy and take me only about a minute. I use my Accuquilt to cut my strips. I love that. When I finish a quilt top, I put the binding with it so I'll have what matches. The cookies were delicious.

Jana, that's funny. They want the tape thrown out, but now they say it shows it's Aarons fault. Huh...sounds like typical courtroom BS to me.

Becca, I like binding. It means your are finally done!

Chriss, my DGD has been going to school and working full time so she hasn't sewn much. I sure she will one day when she has time. You know once you've quilted and like it, it's a calling. As for the crazy block quilt, you lay out the blocks trying to balance size and color. You can cut blocks off to fit. You can cut them in half on the diagonal to put on another block like a square in a square. You can add in filler squares, HST's or strips. It's a free for all. Do whatever to use up those blocks. Otherwise they are just lonely orphans hiding in a box. =(

Well I worked on my hand sewing yesterday. I need to make a quilt that I can use my machine. Will look at patterns today. Something simple and fast.

Have a great day.
Lori 8-)

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:40 am

CindyG - if I am using a neutral color or color that I feel I will use again I but a yard of fabric to use for the binding. Then depending on how big my quilt is whatever is left gets put in the bin. I usually have binding that will fit from wall hanging to twin size.

I finally have gotten started on the big flower wall hanging. It is turning out better then I thought. I am pleased with it.
Suzette

Return to “Sew ins”