Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Feb 13

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Feb 13

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:03 am

Good morning,

It's 41* this morning with rain returning mid-morning. Sigh. After driving our truck into the back yard to test potential for getting the trailer stuck, we decided it was too risky. Weather at the ocean is supposed to be bad anyway, so we're staying home and not terribly disappointed. We've gone to Plan 'B' and invited two couples to come over for a potluck Valentine supper instead. It will be fun. I'm making swiss steak, I think. And fruit kabobs for an appetizer. Others are bringing food, too. So tomorrow will be cleaning and food prep. Today, we have an appointment with a trust/elder law attorney in Tacoma. We also have new truck tires in at Discount Tire (also in Tacoma) so we'll take two vehicles and drop the pick-up there to have the tires mounted while we're at our appointment.

I think I mentioned that Lori suggested in yesterday's Sew-in to put our orphan blocks together to make a quilt. I thought, I should do that! Wow! What a Pandora's Box I opened up when I started pulling out all those blocks! I thought I had maybe 8 in the tote. Instead, I have enough things to probably make 4 quilts - one of them all Christmas! And then this morning I remembered that all my extra HST's are in a second tote! (these totes are about double the size of a shoebox). Both totes are FULL. Now my nice clean sewing room is filled with blocks sitting in piles on every available surface. Blocks range from 2" pinwheels to 17" log cabin. I even found a gallon Ziplock filled with 9" Christmas swap blocks from 2006 when I belonged to a different on-line group before I found QIAD. I'm not sure if I've stumbled on a treasure trove or a rat's nest! lol!

TINA - aka, The Snow Queen - what a Winter Wonderland you are living in the past couple of days. I checked my weather app for Deming and looks like you are cold this morning but going to the mid-60's over the weekend! Good soup weather!

BECKY - hope all is OK with your FIL at the hospital . . . Smart you to be prepared with frozen meals!

BECCA - Oh dear! I hope CA is OK after his fall yesterday. He might be a bit sore today. Hope the PC nurse has good help to offer.

JANA - I'm excited to 'see' your quilt cabinet. I've never ordered anything off Wayfair but I know others who have. Do you know offhand approximately the measurements? I want one for the end of my hallway. At least that's where I think I'd put it if I had one . . .

CHICKIE - congratulations on your first little Gr Grandbaby! A sweet little girl! Nice weight, too. Glad all are OK and you are immersed in pink fabric! A happy sew day for you!

One of the three couples we invited for our potluck Valentine supper tomorrow can't make it so instead suggested we meet them tonite at one of the Mexican restaurants, so it's off to Puerto Vallarta tonite. And I think I'll have a chicken taco salad. So no cooking tonite, but I'll be pulling out all the stops tomorrow.

P.S. this just in: I forgot I have one more tote full of nothing but strips! Guess I'll add them to the chaos that is now my sewing room. And I haven't mentioned the bag of various sizes of cut triangles and rectangles. Guess I have my work cut out for me - for weeks to come!

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Feb 13

Post by auntjana » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:54 am

Good morning!

Mary - the cabinet is from Wayfair - Bolton China Cabinet made by One Allium Way. It is 78 inches tall, 40 inches wide and 16 inches deep. Glass doors, glass sides, 4 shelves, and a drawer on the bottom. Antique white. There is also one at Costco, that is similar, but was a dark wood. We thought about the one at Costco, but decided we needed a light colored cabinet. It is going on my East wall, right by the sliding glass door to my deck and backyard. I found many cabinets online of all different sizes. Wayfair has free delivery and will bring it in the house for an additional $20, which is what we did. Should be here around the first of March. Sorry to hear you went to plan B. Better that, than calling AAA to get the truck pulled out of the mud. Sounds like you will have fun! Happy Anniversary!

Don't know what my day will hold. Class is tonight, so will grab something to eat after. Usually we go out chasing around on my BD, but think will do that another day. Just probably sew today.

Enjoy!
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:33 am

Good morning!
Happy birthday Jana, I hope you have a great birthday!!
Mary, I love your plan B, sounds fun! Sorry you're too muddy to go anywhere though. We're pretty muddy here too.
We had leftover soup last night so it'll be new food tonight, I'm thinking chicken or banned.... it's Dad's night for supper too so I decide what's the easiest for me to take to him and keep ours hot till we get back at the same time.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:52 am

Hello everyone cloudy here after rain last night

Jana HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you Hope it’s special & you have fun Your cabinet sounds nice filled with all your beautiful hand work

Maryz I think you are wise to stay put Bettter that than being stuck
Yes C.A. is sore but at least he’s up
Moving some The NP was a new one with PC & we are much happier with her She is more willing to help
My what a treasure you have in your sewing room I would just complete them & be happy

Tina Enjoy your snow If it’s like ours it will be gone quick Hope Dad is doing better

I got all my uglies completed Except a couple floors Have more sorting & purging to do Started on annuals & will have to wait until I can do it outside too much dust for my head

Chickie Your little girl will be so precious with all the pretty things you have created

I have chicken breast to bake & asparagus to roast Lots of goodies Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:21 am

Maryz, treasure for sure. Oh the possibilities. This is payback for all those times you start cleaning everything in site and make me start cleaning. This is much more fun though. lol

Chickie, congratulations on the new little. I bet she is darling.

Jana, Happy Cake Day! Hope the family spoils you today. Enjoy your day.

Becca, you are very busy early today. I wish I could get going in the morning.

Well I was looking in the kitchen cabinets, and decide I need to reorganize things and clean out cupboards. So that is where I will begin today.

I figure out dinner once I get in there.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:10 pm

Jana, all week I have been thinking of your birthday and waiting until the big day to send you cyber balloons, fireworks, and confetti. And here it comes, and I forget to say anything! I feel so awful. But I hope you are having a fabulous day doing whatever it is makes you the happiest with the people you love most. Hugs to you my friend!

Mary

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:41 pm

Happy Birthday Jana! Hope you have had a wonderful day.

Maryz - Happy Anniversary tomorrow!

This weekend is our guild quilt show. I am really looking forward to it.

Return to “Chit Chat”