Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday February 13, 2020

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Thursday February 13, 2020

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:17 am

Good morning Everyone,
Yesterday we went food shopping and our BJ's run and I thought I would layer my quilt after lunch but my son stopped over to pick up a piece of mail and we were all talking he was showing us houses they looked at they are house hunting on the weekend all are nice but nothing is striking them yet.
Well that was my day so maybe today will be better.
I have a question does anyone have a set of those quilting rulers I purchased mine 5 years ago I was looking for a dvd to learn from but they say just to go on youtube I dont like it because I would have love it on tv this way I can pause it when I need to so I found a book so I ordered that so I can read and keep it by my machine as a reference I would love to start using them.

Well that's my story for today.
Judi sorry that your test got foiled I hope they straighten everything out someone dropped the ball.

Everyone have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois.

velvet

Re: Thursday February 13, 2020

Post by velvet » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:05 am

Good morning to all, awake or asleep. Picked up DH from airport a little after 11 last night. Happy he had a nice week with his cousins, but more happy that he is home. Today at 9, Laura will finally get her nerve burnings done. Damn insurance companies have no human feelings-only their bottom line GREED!!

I don't quilt so I'm no help with those rulers. Do you have a lqs that may help. Mine here is great that way. At least 1 of the women will know how to show me the right way for any of my problems.

Izzy It is so hard to take care of our parents. Patience and prayers are heading your way.

Off for coffee.
Please say a prayer for Laura today. She takes no pain killers for these procedures and they are very painful to go thru. Her face is so pale when they are done and her eyes holding back tears.

Diane

velvet

Post by velvet » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:06 am

Good morning to all, awake or asleep. Picked up DH from airport a little after 11 last night. Happy he had a nice week with his cousins, but more happy that he is home. Today at 9, Laura will finally get her nerve burnings done. Damn insurance companies have no human feelings-only their bottom line GREED!!

I don't quilt so I'm no help with those rulers. Do you have a lqs that may help. Mine here is great that way. At least 1 of the women will know how to show me the right way for any of my problems.

Izzy It is so hard to take care of our parents. Patience and prayers are heading your way.

Off for coffee.
Please say a prayer for Laura today. She takes no pain killers for these procedures and they are very painful to go thru. Her face is so pale when they are done and her eyes holding back tears.

Diane

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:42 am

Good morning!

Not much going on here new. Still dark and cold. I got to play in the Batt Cave with cotton. Oh the fumes were wonderful. I was warm too! Didn't pay attention to the clock and was down there until way after dinner time. Dinner was very late, but DH didn't mind.

Finishhed up the monthly wall hanging I was doing. Now it is TV project to turn and sew the binding.

Finally found and ordered my new cabinet for my finished quilts. Found it on Wayfair. It will be here around the first of March. So I had better get all those UFO's finished to fill their new home. Have one just about ready to load in Robin, my LA.

Do something fun!

Hugs,
Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:10 am

Good morning see my post from last night,,,No test today. I was up at 6(the time I would have left) I was tired so went bck to sleep I just got up at 8. e have had snow all night. but its still in the 30s so not a lot of accumulation but very messy oout there...I am staying in. Later this afternoon we are headed to DD as one of her toilets has stopped working. It is a n inexpensive model the builder put in and it is upstairs..so a pain to replace...Ken will replace it with a better model. a bad job but (daddy's little girl did ask) so we will have supper there tonight. I will do a few uglies here and work on the quilt, I did sew a row on upside down so I need to take it off and redo it. about half done. hope you all have uneventful day today,,,XXXXXXXXXOXOXOX

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:14 am

Good morning,

DIANE - wishing your sis well as she goes through her procedure today.

LOIS - What could be better than a day spent visiting with your son! Asking about those rulers at your LQS is the place to start - or wherever you bought them. But otherwise, I would just start experimenting on scrap pieces. You could always donate the pieces later to an animal shelter. Dogs and cats are picky.

JUDI - sorry to hear your test was cancelled - and for such a silly reason. Fortunately, I am available to pray for you on the 24th.

MARY Q - I'll be on the lookout for those blocks.

SHERRY - your salad sounds good. I do something similiar for an appetizer - thread a mozzarella pearl, a basil leaf, and a cherry tomato on a long toothpick and drizzle with basalmic vinegar & olive oil. Hope you are surviving the storm OK.

KATHY - I use whatever generic Ibuprofen-PM I find. Works great for me. No sluggish feeling, no oversleeping. If you can't take IBU, which is metabolized in the kidneys, then Aleve-PM or Tyleonol-PM might work for you. It goes through the liver. Yes, I four days cutting out Main Street and now it's all ready to sew. It's going to be a fun quilt. I have one wall I display a quilt on and for years it's been my Three Sisters, but I think when Main Street is done, it's going up and I'll retire TS for a while.

LORI - now look at what you've done!! I didn't think I had that many orphan blocks, pinwheels, 4P's, FG, etc. Until you said, "Make quilts!". I thought I had about 8 blocks in my little tote. Lordy! I have enough to make 4 full quilts, I think! One will be all Christmas, much of which will be eleven 9" blocks from a swap I was in with another group back in "0ught-six"! And then I remembered this morning all my various sizes of extra HST's were in a second tote. My sewing room was so clean and now it looks like a bomb went off! I have piles of blocks from 2" to 17". lol! I'm still deciding if I'm going to bestow blame or credit on you. :lol: The Police are going to love this project! lol!

IZZY - your poor mom. and poor you! She must be in a lot of pain. I'm glad you got her to the doctor and he got to see how things are for himself. I think you need to get a second plate! Your first one is way past full!

JANA - you are a very dedicated quilter to sew through suppertime! lol! I'm excited for your new cabinet to come. I want to see a picture. Do you know offhand the approximate measurements? Where are you going to put it?

JUDI - Bill's big bit of advice to the kids has always been "Never buy a cheap toilet". And they all recite that to him whenever an opportunity arises. They said they are going to put it on his headstone. lol! And sorry about the upside down row. I've done the same thing - more than once.

Well, we tested our back yard turn around area by driving the pick-up out there without the trailer. Seemed 50/50 chance of getting the truck and trailer stuck so we opted to cancel our Valentine getaway. The weather forecast for the ocean was nothing but 48* and rain anyway, so we're not too disappointed. We decided instead to invite 2 couples for a potluck Valentine supper at our house. It will be our anniversary, too, and one of the couples were instrumental in introducing us so this will be more fun. So today and tomorrow will be filled with cleaning and cooking. And blessing and cursing Lori in equal amounts for the big mess in my sewing room! lol!

Make your day a good one!
mary z

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:23 am

Good morning everyone.
Yesterday I did get my flower quilt layered and ready to quilt today. We are getting rain into this afternoon. Perfect day for sewing. Not much else going on here. I hope everyone has a great day.
Suzette

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:28 am

Good morning, I think spring has sprung, at least my nose thinks so.

Judi, I think the anticipation of the test then the insurance stuff and then the waiting is stress enough. You pass.

Maryz, Mar is homeschooled. she goes in one day a week and takes her work then gets another weeks worth. For some reason this week was no school? go figure. Really looking forward to seeing your quilt of many blocks.

Maryq, Marilyn is home schooled. She is doing so much better than when she was in regular school. No bullies or snarky people to deal with and no junk. Her grades have shot up and she is even talking about taking some college classes. She will be 17 in march. Yes, I want a wide and tall throat in my new machine. I have seen Brother and Juki machines online and want to look at them in person.

Lori, I have only met a few Marilyn's. My daughter in law's mom is Marilyn. If you add the Marilyn thing to the many other things we have in common people might think we are twins ;) OH, and another thing. We also had a ping pong table but it was just the wooden top. It fit over the pool table and was two sections. See? Twins!!

I don't seem to get here as often as I used to. Not sure what has changed. but now it's time for work

You all have a great day
Chriss

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:56 am

Judi - sorry your heart thing is put off. Do you know when it is rescheduled for?

Maryz - sorry about your trip but you'll have fun with friends for dinner.

I can't stay but I wanted to tell y'all my bad news. Don has Stage 4 lung cancer. All the tests are not back yet so we don't know what kind or what treatment protocol - the doctors are putting their heads together on that. We also don't know the prognosis. I'll keep you posted as we find out things. Please, if you think about it, pray for him. And me.

I hope we can all fondle fabric today.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:12 am

Good morning,

Lois I am sure they will find just the right house. That is important.
Diane oh my goodness, that would be a horrible procedure with no pain med. Hoping it helps. Glad DH is home, not sure which rulers you are referring to.
Jana hoping to see pictures of your new cabinet.
Grammie nice that Daddy will do the job.
Mary sorry you have to cancel your plans but sounds like you have a wonderful alternative. We don't usually do much for Valentines day so maybe just a box of chocolates for the boys. I just need some celery and FABRIC!
Yes Chriss, my nose is confused too, can't stop sneezing this morning and glad I have plenty of tissue! Marilyn is 17? Wow, were does the time go!
Cindy so sorry to hear of Don's dx. Hoping/praying for a good outcome.

Just work today and then a bit of sewing. I am about out of Best Press and no quilt shops close so....Anyone know if Hobby Lobby carries it? There is one right across from my office building. Guess I could order from Amazon, just thought of that.

I did get a phone call from the care agency for Dad. They have found a more mature women who has "experience" and she will start next week. The young girl who comes is nice and she tries but has no homemaking skills at all and I spend a lot of time doing what she is paid to do. Praying this new one can cook. I spend half the day cooking meals for a week so Dad can have a decent lunch. Making a bed is even a challenge for her so ....... Anyway, we will see.

Off to work for me also. I am alone in the office this AM so have to be there in time to open as answering service stops at 8:30.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”