Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Feb 11th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Feb 11th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:32 am

Good morning!

We are starting to see and hear more birds! I love it! And last night, Bill and I and Scottie were walking around in the yard, looking at the stars. Been so long since we've seen stars here! We're chilly, but dry, for now. And signs of spring are everywhere! We'll be about 46* here this afternoon.

Yesterday I finished cutting the last of my Main Street quilt. It is put out by The Quilt Company - a BOM from 2003 - and it comes in 8 packets - 7 packets are different 'shops' and the last packet contains the finishing instructions. It's all pieced with only a few applique touches, like fire hydrant, a couple of trees, shop signs, a RR Crossing sign. This should keep me occupied for a while and hopefully out of trouble! Today, my sewing room needs a good cleaning. And there are still uglies to be done. So I plan to get on some of them today. One ugly was laundering the dog. This we did last night. He was in terrible need. Even for a sheltie he was looking pretty shaggy so I gave him a haircut, too. Today he's going to get a good brushing. So is the cat, for that matter. They have both been shedding big puffs of black hair everywhere on the floors.

TARDY TINA - (or as my brain saw it - TEENY TARDA - :lol: ) my SIL in NV forgot about the postcard. So she is sending one today. I'll ask Lara is they plan any travels into Maryland - a neighboring state for them. Did you ask Chickie if she could ask her DD to send a card from MO?

BECCA - I'm so sorry your hubby had such a bad day. Prayers there is an improvement today. What is the new project you are contemplating? Your Denise is so special! I wonder where she learned to be so loving . . . .

CHICKIE - for sure, with a memory like that I wouldn't like Ivory soap either! lol! But I bet you never said those words again! (or maybe you did!) Yes, Scottie would fit right in with your Hooligans. He's a Hooligan at heart. But a much more handsome one now that he's clean and had his hairs trimmed. I've been itching to get our clothesline out, especially when I was washing some big pieces of fabric a few weeks ago. Maybe in a few weeks. . . Spring will be here in just 37 days!

JANA - Glad you are having a 'heat wave'! lol! Oooh, that pepper spray hurts! We've seen it occasionally on LIve PD, which, as you know, is our favorite show. The officers always tell the whining perps that they've been sprayed, too! Any news on that court case of Aaron's?

Last night's supper ended up being cork screw 3-color pesto pasta. I added black beans, sliced olives, and mushrooms. Plus a big salad. And we have enough for tonite so we'll be doing a repeat. Which is Ok, because it got a big thumbs up from the HOH. (He thinks that means Head of Household, but really it's an acronym for Hard of Hearing. :lol: )

What's getting a thumbs up at your house?

purrfect-lady

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Feb 11th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:35 am

This is the quilt I am working on. It will be about 67 x 73“ when it’s done

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:47 am

Hello everyone rainy here at 60 already Crazy weather

Maryz I’m convinced you love a challenge I used to but not as much now My project is completing the clean out of attic & books to go thru Denise told me all the things To do She was a big help like always
Your quilt is amazing with all those tiny tiny pieces It will be stunning I know Are you keeping it for yourself?
I’m hoping for a better day CA didn’t get dressed yesterday He is dressed so that’s a plus
Alex did have lots of damage He got 8 ins of rain so it’s understandable

I am making beef stew DGDs crusty bread will go good with it Becca

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:57 am

Good morning! We are gloomy today and should make it to the 40s. I’m needing sun!!! At least it isn’t liquid or pellet or flake sun! It could always be worse. I’ll be walking Choc and Ava today and spending time in my sewing room. DH has his Area Agency on Aging meeting today, so I’ll have a few undisturbed hours.

Yesterday I made some birdseed bags into reusable shopping bags. I love them because I can load them as heavy as I can carry and make fewer trips. They don’t rip and spill like the flimsy store bags that I hate. I wish our state would ban them! The pictures on the birdseed bags are beautiful! I also have some deer corn ones that I made. The hunters left their sacks, and I “recycled” them for DD and me. I like the buck picture on them.

We may become great grandparents today. They are supposed to induce labor this morning. This is a new one—because the baby is small, they are inducing so it will grow better outside. I think she is near full term—was thinking around Valentine’s Day.

Mary—your quilt will be beautiful! It’s definitely a huge undertaking, but what a reward when it’s finished! I bet Scottie and Foxy are handsome fellas now! Of course, they always were, but all formal wear needs a brushing or cleaning. And, I have said those words… many times, unfortunately! They never have that excellent reverberation quality that the elevator shaft had. Not even the shower can compare!

Tina—I have no idea when my DD would be going to Missouri. I won’t be there until later in March.

Becca—I know that at your house it’s just one day at a time with CA and one small victory at a time. I hope you have a better day! Your DGD’s bread sounds so awesome!!! Every time you describe it, I want to go bake, but just thinking of it adds pounds for me.

Dinner tonight—I think there is something I can find in the fridge. Nothing sounds good to me right now. I’ll HAVE to come up with something DH will eat later.

Bon appétit!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:30 am

Maryz, I've seen that pattern. It has a lot of pieces. No wonder it takes so long to cut the blocks out.

Chickie, my girlfriend made me a bag out of a chicken feed bag. She lined it with fabric. It's a very sturdy bag. I can really load it up. They banned the flimsy bags a few year ago. However, now they make you pay for bags and the heavier plastic bags get thrown away just as much. Adding even more plastic to our land fills. I always ask for paper. We use them for dog poop. Hope your little one arrives today.

Becca, send the rain this way. We had a wet fall, but winter has been quite dry. The birds think it's spring already.

Well the boys have been walked and I need to vacuum the floors. I have a guild meeting tonight. We have our annual business meeting/potluck. I have to bring a salad. I think spinach with cranberries and walnuts sounds good.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:16 am

Good morning!

Just about to head down to the Batt Cave. Not to sew, yet, but first to put away the groceries we got last night at Costco. Also to straighten up Fred and Ethel, my freezers. Michael wanted the freezers named, so when I send him down to find something, I can tell him which one. All the kids know the names too. I just have to remember where I put things! Then I can finish quilting the last hearts, down to 4. Still need a run to Winco and Trader Joes. Never realized how spoiled I was in California to have stores so close, all in the same city! Now, we run all over the valley!

Dinner - we might see where the car stops on the way home.

Lori - will check with Aaron. He gets the long range forecasts that are more correct than the local news. I want it warm too!

Mary - I always had short haired cats, just for ease and no brushing! My MIL had pure bred Persians, besides being stuffed shirt cats, no personality, they had to be groomed constantly because of hair mats. Give me a mutt anytime!

Chickie - we carry in the Highlander reusable bags and insulated bags as well. We pack the Costco stuff in them. Also use them in Winco, you bag your own groceries. That way, we pre-organize the bags as to where they go here in the house.

Becca - everytime you make beef stew, I want some. But alas that is one thing that eludes my cooking skills, a good beef stew! My Aunt made a yummy one that came from the Eisenhower White House recipes, but I can't find the one she used - looked many times.

Well, those groceries are not getting on the shelves, I did give them directions as to where, but I am being ignored, just like kids and husbands! LOL!

Enjoy,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:36 am

Good morning!
We have snow! Big huge flakes and in less than 2 hours it piled up and turned everything white, so pretty!!!! My back windows look awesome!
Mary, love your quilt project, it's gonna be gorgeous when you do yours!
Chickie, no problem. I actually thought it ended last month LOL
I love beef stew!
I'm not sure what I'm fixing for supper, it should be warming whatever it is LOL
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”