Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

February LOTTO - QIAD Whirligig - The WINNERs Are!!!!!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
WeSignificant

Re: February LOTTO - QIAD Whirligig - Everyone Welcome - QUESTION UP TOP

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:03 am

Wait, where does the 4 patch come in?
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:52 pm

When you are ready to cut your 4 - 4.5" sections you have a 2.5" section that you sew into a 4-Patch. You will see this in the video and in the Paper Pattern.
If you arrange them on point it will make a sweet little quilt or bigger determined on how many 4-Patches you have to sew together.

When you make the quilt it shows the 4-patches at the corners of the borders

HAPPY STITCHING :) :) :)

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:37 pm

Here’s mine

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:21 pm

HI, Teresa,

Sign me up. I made 6 blocks (3 of each mirror image) and will slip them into the mail to you tomorrow. I made them from scraps so there were no 4-patches left over. But I did have some little scraps and was able to make a few 4P's and included them. I forgot to take photos but I used the WOW floral you mentioned with a pansy print. This a cool pattern. Wouldn't mind a big win here! :lol:

Mary

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:59 am

Maryq - WOnderful fabrics for your blocks and I LOVE your Points!!! Eager to see them show up at my house!! Thanks for joining us this month :) :)

Maryz - You are a sweetheart to make them with the WOW fabrics and to make some 4-Patches to go along with mailing them. I hear you on winning! I wouldn't mind winning the 4-Patches :) :) Using the same pattern as we did for January it makes another cute quilt :) :)

What am I up to ... I still have all the sections made for many blocks but haven't been able to get into the sewing room yet to stitch them together. I have been busy in the Longarm room quilting a quilt for Linda. Would like to speed it up but my foot is still dictating when I need to sit and stretch the tendon. Yes I have tendinitis now that evidently has been there all along being masked by the Plantar Faciitis. Ugh. Please Pray for me as I do LOVE sewing and quilting. Thanks.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:41 pm

My blocks are on the way to sunny California!

Also, since I was a lucky winner last month I got those blocks together in a quilt top yesterday and just posted a photo over photos section.

Teresa, hope your foot starts behaving soon!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:59 pm

Who would have thought, can only find 1 puece of fabric with flowers! I must have more somewhere.

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:41 pm

Maryz - received your lovely Pansie Blocks. My favorite flower with my now favorite WoW. Perfect for this month. EXCITED!!!! Might I ask where you picked it up or where I can purchase some
Thank you for asking about my foot. It is doing better but therapy still continues for 6 more weeks. I would like to be able to walk on the carpet with no shoes if possible.

Valerie - One fabric would be Purrfect as Mary would say. All of hers are Pansie's so have no fear about just using the one. If you find more great but no worries if you don't. I would rather you enjoy the sewing journey of stitching this block.

I am off to get my Valentine Cards in the mail and stitch some blocks together. Have a wonderful Day!!!!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:17 am

The problem Teresa, is I only have enough of the one fabric for one set of mirror blocks. I know I must have more somewhere!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:56 am

Teresa, I got that WOW at my favorite quilt shop that went out of business last June. In the selvage it says WHISPER WHITES by Maywood. Maybe you can find it on-line or your LQS can get it for you. . .

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”