Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SWING INTO SPRING! New Swap!!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: SWING INTO SPRING! New Swap!!

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:07 am

Valerie, if you are like me you will be watching that tracking all the way home.

Maryz, yay for 9.
Exodus 33:14

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:03 am

Maryz and Chriss, love your blocks!
So far I haven't had a chance to pull fabrics but Frankie will be off tomorrow so I'm hoping that gives me the time I need to start.
Maryq, yay! We need umbrellas for all the Spring rains! 😊
Tina

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:50 am

Here's just a sample of my blocks
Hope this will do!

dforseth

Post by dforseth » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:51 am

Fabrics are washed and ready to sew!
Debbie Forseth
:D

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:09 am

VAL - whoo hoo!! Fabric!! A very good place to start!

DEB - you are getting the quilting bug back! Can't wait to see your springy stars!

CHRISS - you are always our eternal cheerleader! Love it!

TINA - hope you get the time you need. Maybe this is a good opportunity to teach Preston about colors and get him pulling fabrics for you! :lol:

MARY Q - your SBS & S are totally adorable! Love the sweet embroidered flowers. Nice touch! And we can't have spring (at least not in SEattle!) without umbrellas!! and each on original and unique, too!

My blocks are coming down the home stretch. I've really enjoyed working with pretty spring fabrics, even as snow was falling outside my sewing room window! :D

Thanks for all the progress reports, everyone! I can almost feel springtime sunshine in my sewing room!

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:53 pm

I check this on occasion I love all your cute blocks
Maryz Your flower & watering can is so cute
Chris your flowers are very pretty
Maryq I love your cute SBS & S Reminds me of Brodee & Hadlee because Taylor dresses them always to coordinate And the umbrellas are cute too
Can you tell I love Spring? Becca

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:35 pm

Join us Becca. Please. You could make any block in any size. And right now the swap is small so there are few blocks to make

I even have some great spring flower fabric that would be perfect

Don’t say no say maybe. At least think about it

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:48 pm

Debbie – I Love Friendship Stars. You are sew right. Quilting friends are the best and always there when you need them. Happy to see you joining 

Mary – Love the idea of a Watering Can and the picture is WOWsers Purrfect!!!! Here in the desert we definitely need a number of them.

Valerie – When the kids were in there teens we loved playing with kites. Definitely had some great windy times. Did the fabric come today?

Chriss – Love your Flower block. Delightful!!!! I went the other day and picked up a lot of 80% off Christmas thing. Rob mentioned we put the Christmas things away to soon and that we will need another box LOL!!!! I was able to use the 20% off coupon entire purchase. I am very cautious of Fat Quarters at Jo’s. I always open them in such a way as to check the thinness but not enough to mess it up. Some of them are just to thin.

Maryq – Love Sunbonnet Sue and Sam!!!! Fabrics are perfect for Spring flower planting time. Happy you have an umbrella to cover you as you “sew” the seeds

Chriss - I am also Changing my block to a Dresdan Plate Butterfly using flowers. Need to devide my time to quilting during the day and sewing at night in the living room. My sewing room is a freezer. We are looking into why.

Tina - Hoping you find time for sewing while babysitting your Grands. I am so happy for you that you have this time with them.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:36 am

BECCA - we love having you stroll through the swap. We'd love it even more if you decided to join us!

TERESA - love your dresden butterfly. Can't wait for photos!

Don't forget - if anyone wants to do a second block, feel free to sign up. Lots of slots available. We have 3 more days to sign up.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:56 am

Teresa. Love the Dresden butterfly idea

Becca. If you join this swap I will have Mary send you my return blocks and you can make twice the quilt.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”