Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday January 16th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Thursday January 16th

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:08 am

Good morning,it is o-dark thirty here, I think I need to get out of the house and wil go to Joanns. I am running low on sewing machine needles. I dont break them often but I forget that they get dull. looking in my stash I have many specialty needles but no many regular sewing, At a seminar I attended once the lady said 9 was the best quilting needle but I fund them hard to thread(imagine that) so I am looking for once with a bigger eye.

I need a few groceries too. and a bit of uglies here, that will be my day. Still working on ufos. hope you have a sharp needle and a full bobbin,oh and while I am out today I will stop ad get a couple of post card stamps and try to find a Michigan postcard, XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

billizzy

Re: Thursday January 16th

Post by billizzy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:26 am

Good morning Judi :) I bought a slew of needles while back when joanns had 60% off notions I stocked up :)

Not much sewing here been so busy with lil man. He is so active now. OH MY :o He loves to take apart the couch use the cusions as a fort and ramp for his cars and the couch as a trampoline LOL Reason I dont buy new furniture in play room/den :lol: DH wanted a sectional and I was like nope.

So we got rid of our directtv and went to hulu live which saved us over 50 bucks month.
We get all our local channels too. We dont watch a lot of tv just some documentary shows discover history and HGTV our favorite channels LOL

Well need to go get DD up and going she is a fussing.
Hugs and prayers all.
Tina I will look for a postcard and send. :)
You all stay out of trouble :)
🐐izzy

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:37 am

Morning
Judi, I use a size 8 needle to quilt with. Some brands have large eye needles.
Izzy, we have direct TV. I like the cable channels like DIY, Food network, & Nat Geo.
Son #1 wife & daughter will be here in about 2 weeks. Today we empty out back room for them. There is 1 bed there already & second bed arrives Monday...Amazon is my friend!
Met friend for lunch yesterday. She knows someone with an austisic child. She is getting us together for a sit down. Granddaughter is austisic. We got school set up.
Coffee is ready.
Flo

velvet

Post by velvet » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:44 am

Chilly and rainy start to this day. Laura is going for her nerve burnings at 10 a.m. so actually the weather seems to fit her day ahead. She takes no drugs when they do these-don't know how she does it. Please say a prayer for her today.

I'll check back later.
Diane

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:15 am

Good Morning sun is peeking out Haven’t seen much of it recently
Kathy Prayers for Kim to get help she needs
Diane Sending prayers for your Sister
Flo Glad you have the room ready
Izzy Those little ones have a lot of energy Hope you find the right needle I have trouble threading too
Judi Enjoy your day Mine includes uglies

Hope everyone has a wonderful day Becca

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:18 am

Good morning Everyone,
Well the gremlins must have stole my post so here we go again.
Judi I did just that the other day went to Joanns and stocked up on machine needles.
Today i will be still working on my Penguins I want to do these last 2 blocks to catch up until Feb 1st lol.
This is a block of the month that runs till december.

Well that's all the news here prayers go out to all.
Lois

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:32 am

Good morning, what a great day today will be.

I'm up to almost 2 miles on the treadmill. I can do a mile in 23 minutes at 3 mph. I want to try the epilitical machine but it looks intimidating.

Jana and Maryz, beautiful pictures. No snow here. yours is beautiful

Flo, what's going on with your kids? are they moving from Cali to your state? A great and cheap way to travel is the train.

Becca, any Brodee results yet?

Judi and Lois. We can't fix passwords. we can only delete posts and people. We are basically here to get rid of spam posts and posters. I'm sure if Suzette wrote to customer service it would get fixed. Hope she comes back soon. She can also open up a new account and start over.

Kathy, prayers for Kimberly. wish I could help fix it. as for the misc. quilt stuff, maybe you can find a new quilter who can use it. Our club has a free table, always lots of stuff there to go through.

Diane, prayers for Laura. and a hug for her too.

Time for me to get moving and get ready for work.

you all have a great day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:18 am

Good morning everyone!
We have rain, beautiful rain! We really need it! It should help my flowers start popping up about next month.
Thank you all for helping my little cousin out with the post cards ❤
Diane, your sister is having her nerves burnt again?! My Dad said he doesn't think he could go through that a second time, it was too much for him!
Judi, I never think to stop in for needles when we go to Cruces, they have a Joann's there.
Chriss, you're doing fantastic! High 5!
Izzy, mine used to do the forts with cushions, it was pretty cool! My couches I have now don't have removable cushions sadly.
Flo, Amazon is pretty cool and we can usually find things there that we can't get in town. Happy room getting ready day!
I think today will be uglies day. I've already got laundry going and the dishes put away, mostly vacuuming, dusting and bathrooms left.
You all have a great day!
Tina

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:23 am

Good morning,

JUDI - I should do that, too - stock up on machine needles. And thread. Mostly I use neutrals, but I am low on some colors. And probably some fabric, don't you think? As for Chrissy & Suzette, I've been missing them! And while I know that Lori, Jana, Chriss, and I look like goddesses, we can't resurrect anyone that has fallen off the forum. I think they may have to re-register as new members. But they can contact QIAD to ask. I know this happened to at least one other person and I don't know why. And you made me go look at my needles and I learned some things! I have needle guides to three different brands of machine needles. Klasse` says their 80/12's are for quilting. Schmetz says to use their 75/11's, or 90/14's (green coded) from their H-Q system. Bernina says their 75/90's (130/705 H-Q System) are for patchwork & quilting. So confusing! I never really paid attention to the 'system' before. I just went by the sizes. I don't think I've ever seen a ''9' in any brand.

FLO - sounds like you are getting ready! Nice to have that extra room. And you are even covering the special needs of your DGC. You got this! Is this your truck-driving son and family?

DIANE - praying for extra angels to accompany your sis today.

MARY Q - You are really knocking out your UFO's! And your swap blocks! And you still have two sewing days until Job Jar Saturday!

CHRISS - good on you for reaching your exercise goal of 2 miles! You deserve 2 FQ's and a spool of thread as a reward! Do you listen to anything or watch TV while you 'walk'? Give the eliptical a try! What can possibly go wrong. . . .?

KATHY - so sorry that Kim is having problems. Is she still working? We've got her covered!

IZZY - sounds like your little guy is just like all other little guys - couches are so versatile! I remember making tents out of card tables and blankets.

BECCA - from our news, I'm betting your DGS got lots of snow! It's so pretty where he lives! He's only about an hour from me, but weather-wise, it's like 2 different climates.

LOIS - have fun with your penguins. Are all the blocks penguins through Dec or do you know?

TINA - happy uglies day to you! (ugh.) I popped a postcard into the mail last night for your little cousin. It's a picture of our harbor. My sister is going to send one, too, from Colorado.

Night before last I kept dreaming about a quilt kit for a wall-hanging my sister had sent me many years ago. She found it in a thrift shop and it was complete - even the backing. It's the Pickles cartoon fabric (you know Opal Pickle is a quilter and a cat-lover, so purrfect for me!) But I was busy and tossed the kit up on the closet shelf in my sewing room and there it sat for about 8-10 years. So after a night of dreaming about it, I decided I better make up that project. When I was taking it down from the shelf, the shelf came loose! So I had to unload everything on both shelves, and call "a repair guy", aka, my hubby. By the time he had made the repairs and made sure the second shelf was secure, too, I had all pieces cut out. They are now half sewn together. I will probably get that finished today. I have no wall space, but I'll find somewhere to put it even if I have to nail it to the door!

Well, I better get busy here. And I need a coffee warm-up. Wishing us all full bobbins!
mary z

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:23 am

Good morning!

Just the beginning of morning here. The sun is trying to peek over the mountains, but having a hard time. Must be like me, wanting to sleep in a bit more and be warm!

Our Solara is in the shop, needs new shoes, brakes. Michael was driving her yesterday as she started making noise.

Worked on my wall hanging. There are nine pieced hearts and so I am assembling them, chain piecing style. It won't take me long. There is also a piano key border. Easy to do, the pattern did the math for me!

Not much here,

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Sew ins”