Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday, Jan 15

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Wednesday, Jan 15

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:04 am

Good morning,

Our whole area is supposed to get snow overnight, but here in G.H. we are in a little snowless doughnut hole. No snow here. Maybe tomorrow.

JANA - you have quite a vista to enjoy while you sew! Great photo!

CHRISS - where's your photo? Did I miss it? JANA and I posted ours in yesterday's sew-in.

TINA - how is Holly doing now?

JUDI - what time did you get home from the kids last night? Get any sewing done?

MARY Q - did you get that UFO finished?

FLO - did you sell your project house already? When my kids relocated, they rented an apartment until they found a house they wanted.

LYN - I really admire how your family cares for your parents. So you and your brothers all have "L" names. Your sister, too?

Yesterday I got involved in trimming up swap blocks and then dove into scraps for a few hours, squaring up usable pieces. After that I was feeling creative in the kitchen and made some carrot ginger soup. I think if we liked cooked carrots we would have thought it awesome soup! As it was . . . DH asked me not to keep the recipe. lol. But I bought carrots at Costco and had to use them up somehow. Today I might get started pulling fabrics for my Country Charmer, in Christmas fabrics.

Piece!
mary z

Becca

Re: Wednesday, Jan 15

Post by Becca » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:45 am

A. Quick good Morning
Maryz I think I would love your soup Funny Bill says don’t save recipe DGS had snow He sent picture

Maryq Never no split pea soup here That’s Maryz that loves that We like veggie beef best or others I love broccoli & kale
Flo Hope you get the house guests situated
Know it would be hard after being by your selves

I must run to get out the door for hair cut & errands Have a great day Becca

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:12 am

Good morning it is chily and cloudy here but our dicey weather comes this weekend when we will be on the roads with hockey, Kids have tournaments in 2 different cities again, pray the roads stay safe for all of us.

I had a good time with the kids last night make fried chicken and baked taters and they all thought it was good. Got home in time to watch my Red Wings get anilated and went to bed, A little sewing but nothing much,

Today i have some uglies to do and I will sneak in a bit of sewing if I can. I decided to give myself an hour in the morning in the sewing room and see what I can acommplish then get busy with the uglies/ so off I go/ have a wonderful day XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:15 am

Good morning!

It iis burrrrr cold here. 24! C'mon Spring, or better yet, Summer! As Stu would say, when he was little, I want to be warm!

Michael has a DDS appointment for cleaning, so I don't think I have to be the designated driver today. That means, I can sew, if I ignore the uglies!

My two glass decorative vases arrived. Boy, I can't judge size! One will work for the mantel, the other is too big. It will live in another spot here. So I need to find a tall thin skinny neck vase. I will get all the pieces parts I want, just in time to put out other decorations for Valentines or Easter.

Working again on my monthly wall hangings. Only 4 left and I have the entire year's done. Also pulled a few of my Skinnies patterns for Spring and Summer to cheer and brighten up my walls. I have a Valentine quilt top, big enough to cuddle under, that I need to finish. I have a bunch of embroidery, hand work, to do on it, so then I can quilt it. UFO's here I come!

Do something fun!

Hugs,
Jana

velvet

Post by velvet » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:25 am

Love the pictures posted yesterday. I miss the hills at the house we had in Slatington PA. Beautiful sights with animals foraging. Great memories from year 2000 to 2004.

Tomorrow I take Laura to pain management (she calls it the torture chamber) for her nerve burnings in her back. The poor thing never catches a break from constant pain. Please say a prayer for her.

Hope to straighten up sewing room. I don't know how it gets so messy, I think little elves sneak in at night. Do you have the same problem?

Enjoy
Diane

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:37 am

Good morning Everyone,
I'm in my sewing room already working on my penguin that I left go for a while I want to catch up so there are 3 blocks to get caught up.
Mary and Jana I just love your views if I had that kind of a view I would never want to come out thanks for sharing.

Well that's all the news for today.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:45 am

Good Morning Girls!

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!!

Just another day in Paradise here.... If Paradise is 100% chance of snow and temps hovering around 18*! Not my Idea of paradise... but... I've got fabric and a working sewing machine... and that's close enough for me!

Maryz… Love the picture out your sewing room window! I got about 1/2 way through quilting my latest UFO yesterday, not my best work, but since it's just a scrappy quilt... it has scrappy quilting too! with luck I'll get the binding on today and might even try machine stitching it down. It measures about 72 x80 or so... so it's a fun one to wrangle through my little machine. Silly girl... Carrots are for CAKE!!! not soup!

Becca... No peas at your house either? I do love a good veggie beef soup though.. with barley! But you can keep the broccoli too! UGH..

Judi... .Did you have any baked taters left over? Did you know that they are super delicious cut up and fried with a little butter and onion? Oh never mind.. not very "diet friendly" but oh so good.. I bake some once in a while just to have them cooked up the next day with some chopped ham and maybe some scrambled eggs. Will send a prayer to St. Christopher for safe travels if you go to the hockey games this weekend.

Jana.... If I had your view out my sewing room window.. I'd likely not get much done... I'd simply sit and stare at the mountains all day. But then we don't have mountains in MN so they are kind of novelty to me! But what a gorgeous view!

Diane... Are you kidding? Elves??? I have nasty gremlins! They not only make a mess in my sewing room but trash the rest of the house too! But here's my take... a messing place is a sign of a creative mind...

Lois... Are you doing the Funky chicken too? I've gotten the pattern printed out, but that's as far as I've gotten... Never did do much with the penguins... will save that for Christmas 2020

Yesterday afternoon I actually went out and shoveled my driveway by myself. I always feel so bad for neighbor that comes home from work and does his driveway, then mine. It was good to get out for some fresh air. But don't it just figure, it's snowing again today! So you know where I'll be.... and lucky me... I have a date with Mr. Maytag...

Does anybody have a phone number for Suzette? Hope she is okay!

COFFEEE!!!!! Have a great day everyone!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:51 am

Good morning..I'm back,

I've had the 'itches' real bad on my arms where I put them down to type, been to the Dr's have a prescription & a list of creams.
I've not been sleeping.
I'm very worried about my DD1, Kimberly. She fell going up the stairs & the police, fire, & ambulance came to lift her up & into her chair. I need to ask for prayer again. She needs to go to an in-house treatment to start loosing weight. She's right next to being house bound.
I have been having some fun. I was looking for a pattern, couldn't find it. Ended going through most of the sewing stuff weeding out. I'm so sorry the quilt guild no longer has the "$1 resale" table. I'll spend today putting it back in order.

Miss you all & I'll do some catch up reading today.

Love & Prayers............Kathy

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:07 am

I messaged Suzette on facebook to see if she is alright. She is fine has not been able to get on QIAD or change her password..I know Chrissy1 also has that problem too...Not sure how that can be fixed...anyone???? SHe says Hi

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:50 am

Judi maybe Mary Z, Chris's or Jana can help.

Lois

Return to “Sew ins”