Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Secret Santa Opening Day

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Quiltmom

Re: Secret Santa Opening Day

Post by Quiltmom » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:03 pm

Opened my Secret Santa gifts today. My secret Santa was Katy. Please send me your address so I can send you a thank you. It is one of the addresses that I don't have. The box is filled a lot of great gifts.
Included in the box is the following;
Nice penguin bag that included a nice plastic storage box. Included in the box was tissues, emery boards, straight pins, a neat keychain with a tape measure and light in it, hand gel, a seam ripper, a binding baby which will come in handy, and some really neat very long blue headed straight pins. All of these things are definitely things that will get used.

Also included was a really neat motion Christmas ornament, a pin and scissors holder, pin cushion, some treats for Sweetie which she will enjoy.

There is also a very neat 1000 piece Amish Quilt Puzzle. Really looking forward to putting it together. I love puzzles.

I have to admit my favorite thing though is a really nice wall hanging. It is a pair of mittens with Cubs Fan sewn on the cuffs. Will definitely will be hung on my wall with all my other Cubs things. it is so beautiful and nice. Thanks Katy.

Will take a picture and then have my grandson help me figure out how to put it on here.

Thank you so much Katy. I love everything!!!

Sherry

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:02 pm

After talking with Lyn tonight,( she made it back safe and sound), she mentioned that she is planning to open her box on same day as Denise.
My quilting friends are expecting me to open tomorrow during quilting, but DH wanted to enjoy this with me, so I opened my lovely surprise tonight.
Sherry is my Santa and I have to say, you have spoiled me so much with all the lovely things.
I read your sweet note and card first. Thank you so much! I love everything and hope I don't forget to mention all if them.
All the little packages wrapped made it fun to open.
The wall hanging is the perfect size for my RV and oh what talent! I will post a picture tomorrow. The basket it awesome!! I marvel at the workmanship.
I am loving all the notions, (pins, needles, tape measure, seam ripper, clips, etc). The small cutting mat is so cute. Never had one so small. How special! Also there is a cute pincushion or pillow type ornament. It's really cute and I may not want to stick pins in it. I may hang it up to enjoy looking at it.
And thanks for sharing your magazines. I love them too. The special RV Christmas fabric will be fun to use for my table or maybe the back of a table topper.
Sherry, you really made me feel special!
Thanks again
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:12 pm

Thank you sew very much MaryQ for the plethera of diversified gifts you sent me. Everything was tied up in a beautiful array of festive packaging that just made my heart smile wider as I opened each one. I am delighted that I will be able to make use of everything!!!! Your instincts were perfect :) :) :)
I hope all the memories you hold dear and the ones you make this Christmas warm your heart and those around you each and every day. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!! Sorry for the bigness. I tried to make them smaller. ENJOY!!!ImageImageImage

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:28 pm

I promised to post a picture of my gifts.
Everything is so appreciated!
Zoom in to see the cross-stitch little message. So cute!

Thanks again, Sherry
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:17 pm

The kids were here and helped me open! Yay! My SS is Sharona! Thank you so much!
Thank you for the letter, it is so appreciated ❤ and yes I hope 2020 is the year for us 3!
Sharona got so much into one of those boxes! She made me 2 fabric boxes in purple 💜, a really cool purple catch all with all kinds of little pockets and zippers! She gave me thread spool covers, my favorite kind of curved quilting pins, a pack of thread from CT, really cute sewing theme bandaids, little tiny scissors, a 5 pack of rotary blades, a needle threader, a really big bag of buttons and a jar of buttons, burnt peanuts which we already opened and the boys really enjoyed sharing! LOL, a layer cake of 30's and a charm pack of 30's, the boys said they are so cute! See they get as into it as much as we all do 😍 a mini charm pack of Hickory Road fabric and let me tell you that Preston really thought that was the best he's ever seen! And 5 half yard cuts of WOW's! And a new little seam ripper and sewing machine needle! Thank you sew very very much, it's all appreciated and will all get used! Thank you for going all out and making SS a great one for me ❤💜💜🥰 you really made me feel extra special 🥰
Tina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:40 pm

So many wonderful, thoughtful gifts being given by very talented Angels!!
Here is a picture of the table runner up close I gave to MaryRose. Love my Longarm machine. ENJOY!!!
ImageImageImage
Last edited by TeresaK on Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:50 pm

Vel I showed my DIL Erino the picture you posted of the basket and the nice things you said about it. She asked me to tell you thank you and glad you enjoyed it. I found out she even made the rings that hold the handles.

If anyone asked you about it I can give you her email address for someone to contact her about making a basket or buying one she already has made. She has some really beautiful ones in many different sizes.

So glad you liked the wall hanging and the other things I sent you. I think everyone did really well with the Secret Santa gifts this year.

Sherry

dsf618

Post by dsf618 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:25 pm

Oh my gosh I just read this! I am running to get my box now!!!!!!

dsf618

Post by dsf618 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:33 pm

Vinae I am so glad you liked everything. I had such fun! Merry Christmas!

dsf618

Post by dsf618 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:35 pm

Suzette58 was my Secret Santa. Thank you for everything!! You truly spoiled me! I will take pictures in the daylight. Thank you again! Merry Christmas!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”